PDA

View Full Version : mute abilities in multiplayer

hazem3008
01-16-2012, 05:24 AM
some time when i press the mute button in acr multiplayer i surpriced when i got killed or stuned is there a glitch or i am too slow because i am not the only one who see that any tips ?

AntiChrist7
01-16-2012, 12:57 PM
It can happen, with somkebomb too. A bit of lag, or you are just too late. I know its very frustrating to get killed while wasting an ability

hazem3008
01-16-2012, 02:32 PM
yes but i think the smoke bomb has a delay time to explode i hope ubisoft fix that so soon by the way we have played some matches with eachother and you are a good player keep it up sorry for bad english it is not my mother lang

SaintlPatrick
01-18-2012, 11:35 PM
A good rule of thumb for lag compensation is to think Mute won't work until the animation is finished. Once the circle is finished expanding, you should be good.

hazem3008
01-19-2012, 04:14 PM
A good rule of thumb for lag compensation is to think Mute won't work until the animation is finished. Once the circle is finished expanding, you should be good.

man i press mute then go to stun or kill directly but it didnt work ..... so i didnt wait the circle to finish expanding

PANiC_ATTACKER
01-19-2012, 05:51 PM
Mute is crazy frustrating to master! my tip is to think of it as a wave! like when you drop a stone in water a riple outward, hit the button and head quickly toward your target wait for the wave to go just past your target then go for the strike, you have to be fluid and think on what your move is first. Kinda of hard to explain! ive showed my technique to friends online and its worked for all of them.
Smoke bombs still get me and consider myself a dab hand! there will always be times when I could swear ive lured them beautifully into chasing me, drop the bomb and they run straight thru the smoke and stab my ***! very embaressing! lol. its all fun and just all the more rewarding when you get your revenge with a nice in-crown hidden poison on them! :)

hazem3008
01-19-2012, 11:08 PM
Mute is crazy frustrating to master! my tip is to think of it as a wave! like when you drop a stone in water a riple outward, hit the button and head quickly toward your target wait for the wave to go just past your target then go for the strike, you have to be fluid and think on what your move is first. Kinda of hard to explain! ive showed my technique to friends online and its worked for all of them.
Smoke bombs still get me and consider myself a dab hand! there will always be times when I could swear ive lured them beautifully into chasing me, drop the bomb and they run straight thru the smoke and stab my ***! very embaressing! lol. its all fun and just all the more rewarding when you get your revenge with a nice in-crown hidden poison on them! :)

hhhhhhhhh i make what you say about mute sometimes it didnt make anything but i will give it a try by the way i finished the challenge mute and stun your target so it is not me but it is may be a lag sometimes and about a smoke be carefull try to drop it before he run to you because smoke has a delay time to explode or try to craft it to maximize it is effect distance to overtake the delay time hope it help man lol

hazem3008
01-19-2012, 11:10 PM
by the way i forgot to say my name on pc is hazem3008 hope to play some sessions

PANiC_ATTACKER
01-20-2012, 10:11 AM
by the way i forgot to say my name on pc is hazem3008 hope to play some sessions
Thanks dude, but im on the Xbox360!, ive only just got round to crafting my abilities :)

SaintlPatrick
01-20-2012, 06:57 PM
man i press mute then go to stun or kill directly but it didnt work ..... so i didnt wait the circle to finish expanding
Yeah, that sounds right. I don't know if it's supposed to work instantly, but it clearly doesn't. You have an entire second to stun/kill them once they're affected, which is huge for taking on just one person. You won't get any mileage using it to stun multiple people, but you have plenty of time to kill/stun someone if you're close enough to mute, as long as they don't have the Resistance perk.

Jahvi
01-21-2012, 07:19 PM
I understand mute has a .5sec delay even though it's not noticeable like the smoke bomb

AntiChrist7
01-25-2012, 02:25 PM
when you get killed by a mute, it says "mute reveals affected templars". how exactly.

F_L_E_X746
01-29-2012, 05:50 PM
with smoke bomb not as frequently but with mute ability it happen many times

Ferrith
02-01-2012, 03:37 PM
when you get killed by a mute, it says "mute reveals affected templars". how exactly.

This is what Luckyto wrote about mute:

The Mute isn't active until the "green matrix bubble" COMPLETELY expands. Just washing over the person doesn't make it active. The bubble has to completely expand... so give yourself a half a second. And two, targets and pursuers get this weird wash effect (glow) over their body. It helps to know that too... you can actually pick people out of a crowd.

ClairKruskamp
02-02-2012, 03:40 AM
There is like a half-a-second delay on the abilities. You just have to practice the timing for them.

AntiChrist7
02-03-2012, 04:19 PM
@ferrith: yeah ive discovered it on my own. although i once got stunned despite i did a mute on a target in a group. i still dont know how it happened

Ferrith
02-03-2012, 04:45 PM
@ferrith: yeah ive discovered it on my own. although i once got stunned despite i did a mute on a target in a group. i still dont know how it happened

It might be the same way you throw a smoke bomb and your pursuer runs through the cloud and kills you, as if you just wait for him. LOL or,
He may had been smashing the stun key while waiting for you, and you were late by a milsecond. If you are a good player, it's probably the first.