PDA

View Full Version : ACR + XBox pack?

Emvidasch
01-15-2012, 10:47 AM
I'm looking to buy an Xbox for when I go study game development since the school designs for Xbox only. They offer a service where you can test a game on one of the Xboxes they offer but because I don't feel like bringen over my PS3 every weekend from school to home I figured it would be more convenient to simply have an Xbox in the room I rent near the school.

Of course, an Xbox isn't all that cheap (found a 250 GB for 199 on Amazon though, but the offer dissappeared before I could strike) and the membership for Xbox LIVE and the ACR game only makes the bill higher.

My question: will there be a bundle that gives the 250 GB console + AC: Revelations at a better price than buying them seperately? If so, when will it come out?

Thanks!

LightRey
01-15-2012, 11:02 AM
I doubt anybody here has any knowledge of that. Usually these things are up to the retailers.

LordWolv
01-16-2012, 07:34 AM
I doubt anybody here has any knowledge of that. Usually these things are up to the retailers.
Packs like this are completely decisive upon what the retailers choose, unless Microsoft agree to make a console with a unique skin of the game in question (See Gears of War 3). In this case, you'll be able to get that from jut about anywhere. But apart from that, it's completely decisive upon the retailer, and deals (e.g. ACR with 250GB console) may only last a couple of months. So, you'll just have to hope.

BUT there's other ways of lowering cost. If you're looking to save money, I'm sure you can find a second hand copy of ACR for around 15, and then you'll just have to buy the Uplay pass (I don't know how much that is), and it'll add up less than it would cost for a brand new copy. But at the end of the day, there's always bargains out there, and if you look around closely enough I'm sure you'll find a good deal on both an Xbox and a copy of the game. I got an Xbox 360 Slim, 4GB, a controller and all the appropriate wires for 120, it was second hand but fully certified in working condition by the retailer. Also, if 4GB wasn't enough space like it wasn't for me, you can either find a 250GB hard drive separately, and depending on where you buy from I'm sure it'll work out less than buying the console with the 250GB built in. However, If you didn't know this, you can use any USB memory system as console memory, so I'm sure you can find a much cheaper hard drive not necessarily associated with Microsoft, and plug it in via USB.

I hope I helped, and good luck in your studies. :D