PDA

View Full Version : Looking for Tactical/Good Multiplayer Players

Gooneacehole
01-14-2012, 10:17 PM
Hi there,

Just wanted to post a message asking for anyone who actually plays the online multiplayer the way its meant to be played. I.E Tactically and steathily.
Kind of fed up of people who just run around just using guns etc. Would be cool to level up as a group, playing fair and sneaky.

My gamer tag is : GrizzleyCat

Online mostly every day. :)

Kombucho
01-14-2012, 10:21 PM
yeah i aim for high point kills and dont like roof runners , do you use steam ? its a good chat program my games name is the same as this

Gooneacehole
01-14-2012, 10:30 PM
Hey sorry I meant to specify that I'm using xbox. Do you have it on xbox? I hate roof runners !

Gooneacehole
01-15-2012, 12:29 AM
Yeah just to say , looking for xbox online players. Really want to get some good games going as they are rare to come by!

obliviondoll
01-15-2012, 10:10 AM
I've said it before, and will undoubtedly say it again... and again... and again...

Originally posted by obliviondoll:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gKjqG__VQKE
Skip to 2:10 and listen to the "three pillars"

"And the third pillar is all that free movement aspect of the franchise" - Stephane Beaudet - Creative Director for multiplayer.
IT'S NOT JUST A STEALTH GAME!

Admittedly, stealth is broken in ACR, but that's another good reason for me not to buy it. The game is about BALANCING stealth AND running. Unfortunately, that was done better in ACB. So play Brotherhood instead, and stealth becomes viable again.

persiateddy95
01-15-2012, 02:10 PM
I've said it before, and will undoubtedly say it again... and again... and again...

IT'S NOT JUST A STEALTH GAME!

Admittedly, stealth is broken in ACR, but that's another good reason for me not to buy it. The game is about BALANCING stealth AND running. Unfortunately, that was done better in ACB. So play Brotherhood instead, and stealth becomes viable again.
Oh ACB =3

SquirrelInDaSky
01-15-2012, 02:54 PM
Oh obliviondoll with his constant complaining about AC multiplayer. I still wonder why i dont encounter any problems

What makes brotherhood a more stealthy game? the fact that popping in disguise right in front of your target gives you a "hidden bonus", and killing some right after you see him gives you incognito?

ACR has much more opportunities to hide well, for example you can walk as the first person in the crowd and you dont derp around when you enter it. I also never got kciked out of it by npc's. Running drains your approach meter much faster, and its harder to use a smoke-push trick since your target has bigger stun range.
I also love that disguise does not make any activation sound now.

metalgearso1971
01-16-2012, 09:26 AM
@OP: Too bad you're on Xbox and not on PS3, or I would have added you :)

Sounds like you play the same way I do.

BigUrn
01-16-2012, 10:12 AM
Yea I run on the ps3 as well and I'am always looking for good skilled people. IT'S NOT JUST A STEALTH GAME! don't know about that one. I think this is and could be a stealth game its just people don't play that way...which makes it unstealthy.

metalgearso1971
01-16-2012, 11:10 AM
I for one just don't get why people run their pants off in game modes like SDM and DM. I mean, with the larger maps I can understand you'd need to do a bit of running, but when you consider your scores are actually lower when you run or act obvious than why do it?

Just my opinion though.

AwkwardlyBruta
01-16-2012, 03:28 PM
I for one just don't get why people run their pants off in game modes like SDM and DM. I mean, with the larger maps I can understand you'd need to do a bit of running, but when you consider your scores are actually lower when you run or act obvious than why do it?

Just my opinion though.

Because you're being hunted by someone without a compass, you don't have one either, so you have to cover all the ground you can to find where your next contract is, and chances are if you're stopping for any reason other then the ten seconds to get a good kill, you're going to get killed by someone slow walking, I guess it's sortta like my wanted thinking process of "If you're not running, you ain't winning".

metalgearso1971
01-16-2012, 03:40 PM
Well, then I probably didn't win so many games by just being stealthy then ;) In my experience those who run in SDM and DM get killed more often than those being stealthy. Also, I don't think you have to run in SDM and DM, the maps are so small you can easily find your targets without running around.

obliviondoll
01-16-2012, 03:45 PM
Your scores are lower when you run lots.

But if you're even vaguely competent, SO ARE EVERYONE ELSE'S.

You kill your targets before they reach theirs. You prevent your pursuers from getting a chance at a clean kill on you, combine those two and it's WAY to easy in ACR for a single player to pretty much invalidate stealth. In a lobby where you DON'T HAVE that single smart runner, stealth will win in ACR, and will get a higher score than a runner can, but as soon as a single person shows up who wants to run and can do so effectively, the game goes to the runners.

That's what I saw in the beta, and nothing any ACR video I've seen so far has invalidated it.

Sacrificing a few points here and there to almost completely point-starve your opposition still results in the win, even if those players you beat can put up better scores than you against some other players. In ACB, a good stealth player could outplay a runner MUCH easier than they can in ACR. Combine the risk of a contested kill with the way flanking someone is only going to be a Discreet kill, and you have your answer.

And seriously? You're arguing against a point that HAS THE CREATIVE DIRECTOR OF MULTIPLAYER FOR ACB SUPPORTING IT? Stealth is ONE major focus, but not the ONLY major focus. BOTH sides, stealth and running, SHOULD BE REWARDED, because BOTH are CORE ELEMENTS of the franchise, and BOTH are CORE ELEMENTS OF THE MULTIPLAYER. In ACR, you CAN'T get as good a score with good running as you can get even with only half-decent stealth. But at the same time, a decent runner will be able to point-starve a better stealth player and win. The balance isn't as well-implemented as it was in ACR. There are some improvements, yes. Removing the Hidden bonus from Disguise is an example of a good decision. But there are MANY more BAD decisions that negatively impact the RELIABILITY of stealth play. There's FAR too much risk compared with the reward.

metalgearso1971
01-16-2012, 03:49 PM
Obliviondoll: let's not go into the discussion again about stealth vs. other types of game play. The fact is I play stealthy and end up in the top 3 in 95% of my games. Not trying to brag but that's the way it is for me. And it doesn't matter who is in the lobby, level wise or skill wise. I didn't post in here to start yet another discussion about stealth vs. other types of game play really, nor was I saying stealth is the way to play :)

Chronomaancy
01-16-2012, 04:31 PM
<----- Good players that way, Tactical players that way ----->

metalgearso1971
01-16-2012, 05:26 PM
Haha :) Good one Chrono :)

Chronomancy
01-16-2012, 05:29 PM
Hehe. :D Thanks. <3