PDA

View Full Version : Q about the SPB bomber and I-16

Ba5tard5word
01-06-2009, 03:20 PM
So I just realized yesterday that the SPB planes were intended to be used as a combo, with the I-16 launching from under the Tupoleve bomber's wing.

So I figured out how to have my plane spawn under a Tupolev bomber and to detach from it, but is there a way to have an AI-controlled I-16 detach, or is it just stuck to the Tupolev bomber forever?

Ba5tard5word
01-06-2009, 03:20 PM
So I just realized yesterday that the SPB planes were intended to be used as a combo, with the I-16 launching from under the Tupoleve bomber's wing.

So I figured out how to have my plane spawn under a Tupolev bomber and to detach from it, but is there a way to have an AI-controlled I-16 detach, or is it just stuck to the Tupolev bomber forever?

general_kalle
01-06-2009, 03:24 PM
if the TB3's waypoint say Attack ground the I16's will be detached.
i dont think its possible to make only 1 I16 detach

Copperhead311th
01-06-2009, 03:29 PM
Kalle is right.
i belive only both detach.

But whats fun...and not a lot of ppl relize you can do this....is get to buddies on a DF sever online and have the pull under each wing and attach them. now that's a hoot.

Ba5tard5word
01-06-2009, 03:39 PM
hmm ok cool, I'll try it out...I was having my plane detach manually by hitting the assigned "attach/detach" key and wondering what to do to get the other guy to drop.

TinyTim
01-06-2009, 03:44 PM
Yeah, this is great fun online (DF server)! Fighter(s) have to carefully taxi below the wing of the giant (fighter prop will "slice" a few inches through the wing of the bomber but nothing will be damaged), and then press "attach/detach key".

Ba5tard5word
01-06-2009, 06:51 PM
I fiddled around a bit...I think what you have to do is set the I-16's to do a ground attack, not the Tupolev.

UnknownStranger
01-06-2009, 08:05 PM
http://img296.imageshack.us/img296/9214/i16dropoffsmallwa9.jpg

I got them to drop by setting the ground attack target of the TB3's to the carriers on the ground.

dirkpit7
01-07-2009, 03:51 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by TinyTim:
Yeah, this is great fun online (DF server)! Fighter(s) have to carefully taxi below the wing of the giant (fighter prop will "slice" a few inches through the wing of the bomber but nothing will be damaged), and then press "attach/detach key". </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

It's fun in coop too. Two TB-3's with I-16's against each other. We have done it often in Ubizoo coops, there's probably some screenshots in the "Saturday coop" thread. I just watched some tracks I had recorded and had a good laugh.