PDA

View Full Version : Saitek X-45 Profiles

tora-2
01-20-2005, 04:20 PM
Could use some help on how to set up a profile with the X-45 if possible please. Believe it or not I've read a lot of the FAQ's for joysticks on this and Saiteks site but not yet worked out what I missed. I nevertheless have no doubt it'll be an easy one !

Basically I have two options, run the SST software or not. If not I can assign buttons as you would any other controller and they work in game. However as far as I can see to use the mode type switches you need to use the SST to set up a profile.

I have in theory created quite a few profiles and assigned different keys to each button . If i open the saved file I can see the information is there. That profile gets saved and if I click on it, in theory thats my active profile.

However in game none of the saved profiles operate at all, the joystick just functions as a default.

I can go back and create another profile, change the settings/button assignments save that as Test and test profile pops up in my icon as an available option. However if I then use the edit profile button there doesn't seem to be anything there either.

Sorry not at all sure what I missed, been trawling the search function but tending to get Lomac queries that don't resolve this.

Any help appreciated in how to get a profile running !

Cheers

tora-2
01-20-2005, 04:20 PM
Could use some help on how to set up a profile with the X-45 if possible please. Believe it or not I've read a lot of the FAQ's for joysticks on this and Saiteks site but not yet worked out what I missed. I nevertheless have no doubt it'll be an easy one !

Basically I have two options, run the SST software or not. If not I can assign buttons as you would any other controller and they work in game. However as far as I can see to use the mode type switches you need to use the SST to set up a profile.

I have in theory created quite a few profiles and assigned different keys to each button . If i open the saved file I can see the information is there. That profile gets saved and if I click on it, in theory thats my active profile.

However in game none of the saved profiles operate at all, the joystick just functions as a default.

I can go back and create another profile, change the settings/button assignments save that as Test and test profile pops up in my icon as an available option. However if I then use the edit profile button there doesn't seem to be anything there either.

Sorry not at all sure what I missed, been trawling the search function but tending to get Lomac queries that don't resolve this.

Any help appreciated in how to get a profile running !

Cheers

Tully__
01-20-2005, 05:21 PM
Right click your systray icon and click on the profile you want loaded. When you've done it right, the systray icon will turn green. You can double check by starting notepad and pressing a few joystick buttons. If the buttons caused the assigned keys to be typed in notepad, all is working and it should continue to work once you're in the game.

SST doesn't automatically load profiles, you have to manually load them as described above before starting the game.