PDA

View Full Version : Getting POV 1 on X-52 to work in IL

Raider862001
10-02-2007, 07:29 PM
I am running the beta driver, and software and I am having trouble. I used somebody else profile and they had the POV 1 program to look smoothly around the cockpit. I wanted to know how you could do that. Thanks for the help.

Raider862001
10-02-2007, 07:29 PM
I am running the beta driver, and software and I am having trouble. I used somebody else profile and they had the POV 1 program to look smoothly around the cockpit. I wanted to know how you could do that. Thanks for the help.

DmdSeeker
10-03-2007, 04:04 AM
It all depends what you map the hat to.

IL-2 has two modes of looking around, snap and pan view. I think you're loking for pan view.

check your controls in IL-2 to see which keys are maped to which function, and which key togles between each of the viewing modes.

dbillo
10-03-2007, 12:18 PM
Actually, it sounds like you had that hat set up as "mouse". Select "mouse" on pulldown for POV Hat 1 in your profile. This is something different from the snap or pan views, and will give you a continuous, smooth movement.

If you have something else already set as mouse, you will first have to set that other item to POV or buttons first, since you can only have one item at a time as mouse.

bogusheadbox
10-04-2007, 07:03 AM
Hi raider. Easy peasy mate.

By default on the x-52 - if you look on your throttle you have the mini mouse. (next to the slider in the left thumb position).

This is mapped to the mouse and can be used to pan just like using a mouse and has more directional abilities than a Hat switch.

However if you want to use the Hat or POV switch and want smooth panning that stops where you want it to (and stays there) then this is how to do it.

Bind the hat switch or POV switch directly to the IL2/PF/1946 (whatever version you have) controls page just like binding a keyboard button to drop bombs. (not going through the saitek programme software. You can do it through the saitek programming software, but in this instance its easier to do it via the IL2 contol options page).

However there are two sorts of pan actions you can bind to.

One is Snap view. - This means that if you click "view left", your view will jump to left and when you release "view left", it will jump straight back to forward view. (this is good for quick looks but does not offer a good choice of view)

The other and better choice is normal pan (the option not called snap view http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-wink.gif) - this way when you click left view will continue to go left until you choose to stop. Once stopped, your view will stay where you left it. So in this configuration i also map a botton on the x-52 to centre view (snaps view back to centre). This way you can hold your view off centre where you like and as long as you like and bring back to centre at the touch of a button.

So there you have it.

1. Go to cotrols page in IL2
2. Find Pan up. Click on it to start bind.
3. Click on your stick the relevant button to view up.
4. Do that for all 8 directions. (up, down, left, right + the 4 diagnals).
5. Then bind a button for centre view.

Sit back and enjoy.

Alternatively the best option will of course be trackIR. it is what everyone says it is. One of the best peripherals you will ever come to own in a sim. It will double your experience.

Good luck.

Raider862001
10-05-2007, 09:39 AM
Thanks everybody for the help. I just set up the POV to act like a mouse. I figured it out, but thanks for the help