PDA

View Full Version : Black Edition bonus quests?

pah601
07-21-2009, 11:52 AM
First, let me start by saying that I've searched through this forum for the answer first and I'm sorry if I've missed it. I understand everyone's frustrations with multiple posts.

I live in the US and have a friend in England that would be willing to send the Black Edition to me.

My question is: does anyone know what method is used download the 3 bonus quests? If you have to use the PS Store to do so, then does that mean that US residents wouldn't be able to download the bonus content even if they buy the Black Edition since we won't have access to the UK store?

pah601
07-21-2009, 11:52 AM
First, let me start by saying that I've searched through this forum for the answer first and I'm sorry if I've missed it. I understand everyone's frustrations with multiple posts.

I live in the US and have a friend in England that would be willing to send the Black Edition to me.

My question is: does anyone know what method is used download the 3 bonus quests? If you have to use the PS Store to do so, then does that mean that US residents wouldn't be able to download the bonus content even if they buy the Black Edition since we won't have access to the UK store?

caswallawn_2k7
07-21-2009, 11:57 AM
you can sign up for an account for any reigon with PSN, alot of people in the UK have been doing it for years, you just have to watch that the game isnt reigon locked, as some games can be meaning it wont play on any none PAL (European/Austrailian) console, meaning your US PS3 wouldnt beable to play the game.

the only way to garentee imports work is on PC as there are no reigon codes.

pah601
07-21-2009, 12:07 PM
I've read a lot of articles and even posted on the Playstation 3 forum and have been told that the games themselves are region free and that the only problems I could possibly have wouldn't affect me if I have an HDTV (which I do).

I hear, however, that the DLC is NOT region free. I'm torn on whether or not to risk buying this game and paying the shipping from England to the states just to get a game I can't play.

caswallawn_2k7
07-21-2009, 12:10 PM
the problem with DLC now is since alot of people in the UK were using US PSN accounts to get demos and stuff faster, it made sony put a IP check on most things so you also need a proxy to conect to stuff from a differant country as well.

Danvish
07-21-2009, 12:22 PM
Does that mean the CD you get with the Black Edition doesn't include the 3 bonus quests? you have to download them?..

pah601
07-21-2009, 12:26 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Danvish:
Does that mean the CD you get with the Black Edition doesn't include the 3 bonus quests? you have to download them?.. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

The US edition gets one of the three bonus quests available with the Black Edition and this is what GameStop says we have to do to get that one:

" A rave card containing a code and download instructions will be available at time of game pick-up."

Xanatos2007
07-21-2009, 12:27 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Does that mean the CD you get with the Black Edition doesn't include the 3 bonus quests? you have to download them?..
</div></BLOCKQUOTE>
I hope not. And I hope they don't do that thing they did with F.E.A.R 2, I bought the game with my own money and I STILL had to download it from Steam. And I couldn't play it when I was offline, what were they thinking?

Danvish
07-21-2009, 12:31 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Xanatos2007:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Does that mean the CD you get with the Black Edition doesn't include the 3 bonus quests? you have to download them?..
</div></BLOCKQUOTE>
I hope not. And I hope they don't do that thing they did with F.E.A.R 2, I bought the game with my own money and I STILL had to download it from Steam. And I couldn't play it when I was offline, what were they thinking? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

One of the producer said there will be DLC for sure, but god help them if they try to make the bonus quests from the Black Edition as DLC.

MeAltairLol
07-21-2009, 12:41 PM
The three bonus quests better not be made for download! Not everyone has Live/PSN, like me, and the three bonus quests were the selling point for me to buy the Black Edition! I wouldn't mind if there was just a code to unlock the quests, but if you have to download them then that sucks!

caswallawn_2k7
07-21-2009, 12:46 PM
if it's just a code to open up the options in the game it will anoy even more people as people will pay the specail editions or preorder to get the extra's when the unlock codes would be on the internet as soon as the first person gets hold of the game. live and PSN makes it fair as each code is differant meaning no code can be used by more than one person.

MeAltairLol
07-21-2009, 12:58 PM
Yeah i guess, but can't they just make lots of random codes? That's what they do for PC games?

caswallawn_2k7
07-21-2009, 01:02 PM
a random CD key is just as easy to hijack and exploit with no online check.

MeAltairLol
07-21-2009, 01:05 PM
What if the layout is just as random?
Like the first one is AAA-BBBB-CCC-DDDD, the next one B-AAA-BB-CCC-##B or whatever?

caswallawn_2k7
07-21-2009, 01:14 PM
CD eky's are realy easy to crack, and you cant lock each piece of software to one code, all peices of software are identical they just check the code against an algorythm that either allows or denies the CD key, this is the reason 90% of new PC games now require online activation as a CD key on it's own is simple to break if you can get a few to compair to find the rule used in generating them.

pah601
07-21-2009, 01:16 PM
Based on the instructions for the US customers, I'm guessing that these other two quests will be the same.

Eidos is doing the same thing for Batman: Arkham Asylum. The playable Joker maps are available for free on the Playstation Network on the day of the game's release.

MeAltairLol
07-21-2009, 01:29 PM
Thanks cas http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

But this means i've just wasted so much money on something i can't even get :/ damn :/

Danvish
07-21-2009, 01:34 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by MeAltairLol:
Thanks cas http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

But this means i've just wasted so much money on something i can't even get :/ damn :/ </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I don't think it's %100 sure that the quests will be DLC.

pah601
07-21-2009, 01:50 PM
I just sent a message to Ubisoft support asking if the game was region locked and if the bonus quests were already on the disc.

Maybe I'll get a response?

MeAltairLol
07-21-2009, 01:52 PM
@danvish: But it seems really likely after what cas said
@pah601: cheers man! http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif i didn't think of that, but it makes sense http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

caswallawn_2k7
07-21-2009, 02:00 PM
chances are the support team wont have a answer to the question, the only people with a chance of knowing are people like Raide or Atmon, but even then I doubt they can release much info as I am unsure how close they can actualy get to game info and how much they would actualy be aloud to publish on the forums.

pah601
07-21-2009, 02:03 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by caswallawn_2k7:
chances are the support team wont have a answer to the question, the only people with a chance of knowing are people like Raide or Atmon, but even then I doubt they can release much info as I am unsure how close they can actualy get to game info and how much they would actualy be aloud to publish on the forums. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Ah......gotcha. I wasn't sure how active the mods were on this board outside locking Black Edition threads. lol

caswallawn_2k7
07-21-2009, 02:05 PM
most of the mod's are just apointed forum users, the managers are actual Ubi employees but as said I am unsure how much info they could get or release.

pah601
07-21-2009, 02:07 PM
Well, I have asked Raide if there was any info about it that could be given. I'll post the answer if I get one.

MeAltairLol
07-21-2009, 02:26 PM
I just honestly hope you dont have to connect to the internet to get these quests cuz then I can't get them :/

caswallawn_2k7
07-21-2009, 02:31 PM
do you not hae you console connected to the net?

MeAltairLol
07-21-2009, 02:48 PM
Nope :/ I sometimes wish I did, but sometimes I think it's a waste of money tbh

But I can't physically connect my 360 to the Internet, i don't know why, i've triedd everything.

caswallawn_2k7
07-21-2009, 02:51 PM
if you conect the 360 to the router by the wired conection it should work no problem, getting the stuff such as specail edition items such as this you only need a xebox live silver account and it is free, I wouldnt pay for xbox live I dont see why I should pay to play online play on my 360, when PC and PS give the same service for free.

MeAltairLol
07-21-2009, 03:05 PM
I know, but i have a 12 months free Gold membership anyway because my friend bought it for me for my birthday, but i can't physically connect to the internet using my 360.

sm312
07-21-2009, 04:35 PM
Yeah cas is right XBL is a ripoff I have one because of my friend only use it at his house but PSN is no worse and it's free but cant you use pdanet i think its called from a phone

obliviondoll
07-21-2009, 05:12 PM
What do you mean by "can't physically connect to the internet" - You don't have the cables? Easy fix, cables are cheap if you shop around. Don't have a wire long enough to reach where the xbox is? Again, cheap to fix. Xbox ethernet socket doesn't work or is missing? If it's still under warranty, they should fix this for you, unless you're just using the wrong cords or something. Something else? Please explain...

Also, I'm on PS3 and have internet access anyway. But I know people who consider internet access impractical because of cost, like my full-time-student neighbour who can barely pay for rent and food each week and can't get government assistance because her parents earn too much money for her to qualify - even though she's not living with them and they have three children under 10 to support. I hope it's not a download for the sake of people in similar situations, but if it is, There's almost always a way to work around the lack of connection if you have friends.

Ureh
07-21-2009, 05:30 PM
How come they couldn't just include the bonus missions on the disc?

MeAltairLol
07-22-2009, 07:28 AM
obliviondoll, my situation is a bit strange. My router or whatever is in a little hut at the bottom of my garden, because the hut is fully heated and has access to the internet and everything. That's where I keep my laptop. My PC, or desktop computer, is in my room, and that's almost exactly on the opposite side of my house to my garden. I connect my PC with a wireless network and it works pretty well. This also where i keep my 360. I've tried connecting my 360 to my computer via an Ethernet cable, but it doesn't let me use a different IP for some reason. I've even spent 60 quid on a wireless thing, and that didn't work either.

Danvish
07-22-2009, 11:10 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Ureh:
How come they couldn't just include the bonus missions on the disc? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

My question exactly? What's the problem just putting 3 more quests with it?
Cas?

caswallawn_2k7
07-22-2009, 03:32 PM
with the black edition it would be possible but it would mean needing to press 2 differant discs (5 if you count the fact the US has a random mission) so it probly wouldnt be cost efective or worth it production wise when you think they would need 5 differant disc's for 3 differant systems meaning they would have to press a total of 15 differant versions of the game.

MeAltairLol
07-22-2009, 03:48 PM
What if for the Black Edition they just print discs with the bonus quests already unlocked on them, and on the US versions they just print discs with a random quest unlocked?

caswallawn_2k7
07-22-2009, 03:50 PM
because a disc is a set thing, they press them from a metal disc to put the data on them so to make each disc have a differant mission you would need 3 plates so you have one for each mission then the plates for the black and standard versions.

obliviondoll
07-22-2009, 07:02 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by MeAltairLol:
obliviondoll, my situation is a bit strange. My router or whatever is in a little hut at the bottom of my garden, because the hut is fully heated and has access to the internet and everything. That's where I keep my laptop. My PC, or desktop computer, is in my room, and that's almost exactly on the opposite side of my house to my garden. I connect my PC with a wireless network and it works pretty well. This also where i keep my 360. I've tried connecting my 360 to my computer via an Ethernet cable, but it doesn't let me use a different IP for some reason. I've even spent 60 quid on a wireless thing, and that didn't work either. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Sounds like the xbox isn't setting up properly. You'll need to (whether ethernet or wireless) manually set the IP and Gateway addresses in the xbox so they match the settings required by the router, but the IP isn't the same one the comp uses. I've done it on a friend's xbox and got it working, so it should be possible. Just make sure you have good security on your wireless so other people don't eat your bandwidth. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

joao_santos1976
12-28-2009, 02:11 PM
Does anyone know if the bonus quests from the special editions white and black will be later next year or at any point of time available to download or to buy on the playstation store so that players that bought the normal issue of the game can complete the game at 100 percent http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/compsmash.gif ?