PDA

View Full Version : Water and Land issue, or no?

LuftWulf190
07-31-2005, 09:24 PM
It seems when I am flying over water I get what looks like to me darker blue squares where my range of vision is being limited, also the water doesn't seem to look all that great and neither does the land from alittle ways out for that matter.

I have a decent system, and by standard the game set it seld to excelent on all graphics sliders. Any way to fix this?

System Specs:

AMD Athlon 64 3200+ 2.0GHZ
ASUS A8N-E MoBo
1 gig of Corsair value select PC 3200 RAM
Gigabyte Geforce 6600GT 128MB PCI-E cooled by a Zalman VF-700-CU cooler
Windows XP pro SP2
Creative Sound Blaster Audigy 2

LuftWulf190
07-31-2005, 09:24 PM
It seems when I am flying over water I get what looks like to me darker blue squares where my range of vision is being limited, also the water doesn't seem to look all that great and neither does the land from alittle ways out for that matter.

I have a decent system, and by standard the game set it seld to excelent on all graphics sliders. Any way to fix this?

System Specs:

AMD Athlon 64 3200+ 2.0GHZ
ASUS A8N-E MoBo
1 gig of Corsair value select PC 3200 RAM
Gigabyte Geforce 6600GT 128MB PCI-E cooled by a Zalman VF-700-CU cooler
Windows XP pro SP2
Creative Sound Blaster Audigy 2

Pirschjaeger
07-31-2005, 09:47 PM
I have the same hardware with exception to the vcard (Leadtek Winfast 6800GT THD 256mb) and I set up the game to best quality. I also feel my graphics could be much better but I think that's in how you fine tune your hardware. I have no idea how to do this. It is just a hunch though.

Fritz

LuftWulf190
07-31-2005, 09:51 PM
Well its not like I am getting slow performance on where I have it. The Aircraft looks great! But its these ground texture issues that have me scratching my head.....

Pirschjaeger
08-01-2005, 12:18 AM
me too. The performance is great but I was expectiing graphics a little closer to what you see in the "Come with me" video.

Fritz

papotex
08-01-2005, 01:06 AM
i have a powerfull rig my self so i allow my self to apply high levels of anisotropic filtering and still get smooth frame rates after
the aniso filtering killed several frames per second. the anisotropic filtering makes the terrain more "bumpi" in detail and enhances the look tenfold

Pirschjaeger
08-01-2005, 02:32 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by papotex:
i have a powerfull rig my self so i allow my self to apply high levels of anisotropic filtering and still get smooth frame rates after
the aniso filtering killed several frames per second. the anisotropic filtering makes the terrain more "bumpi" in detail and enhances the look tenfold </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

And in layman's terms? I would need simple instructions and direction. I use my pc for gaming and the occasional work. I'm far from being an expert. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-wink.gif

Fritz

FlatSpinMan
08-01-2005, 06:02 AM
Hey Pirschjaeger,
Thanks for posting intelligent, interesting stuff.
On your graphics card information panel thing there should be settings for anisotropic filtering (af) and anti-aliasing (aa). On my FX5900pro they are under "Performance and Quality Settings".
I don't pretend to know the true effects of these but I BELIEVE that aa rounds out the jagged edges on curves while af is something to do with particle effects like smoke(but really I have no idea). I do know that if I have aa set to 8xS or even 2x that the game looks way better and runs about the same speed.Don't know about its effects on land or water unfortunately, I think that would be more an issue of Quality settings (perfect plus Water=3, etc).

vocatx
08-01-2005, 06:08 AM
If you really want to be flooded with answers and suggestions, try posting in the Community Help forum. Some of those guys know all the settings inside and out. You're guaranteed to learn a lot from them.