PDA

View Full Version : Anyone have problems with IL-2 and win ME?

singlecoillover
11-26-2004, 05:27 PM
I'm trying to get my dad to let me put IL-2 on his computer.(My computer won't run ithttp://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_mad.gif) so if anyine has had problems with IL-2 and ME, please let me know.

HW3
11-26-2004, 07:00 PM
I have run IL2, IL2FB, IL2FB AEP, and PF all on Win ME with no problems. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

3.JG51_BigBear
11-26-2004, 07:13 PM
Do you have anymore specifics. I don't have Windows ME but perhaps your problem has nothing to do with your OS. You may also want to post this in the Community Help forum.

singlecoillover
11-26-2004, 07:54 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by 3.JG51_BigBear:
Do you have anymore specifics. I don't have Windows ME but perhaps your problem has nothing to do with your OS. You may also want to post this in the Community Help forum. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

It's a Dell Dimension 8200 witha 1.7 gigahertz pentium CPU, a Nvidia geforce3 ti200. and integrated soundmax digital audio. It has had some problems, so my dads a little paranoid. I'm just trying to prove that it won't screw up the computer, although it ran the DEMO fine. MY computer is a Pentium 2 laptop, it WON'T run IL-2.

WTE_Galway
11-26-2004, 10:02 PM
there is nothing IL2 can do to screw up ME

its possible YOU could screw up ME if you started updating video drivers and stuff to get iL2 working but the IL2 install itself will not do anything to the operating system

mortoma
11-26-2004, 10:06 PM
I have trouble with the new exe with Win98SE when I run in OpenGL. And Win98SE is almost exactly the same WinME, ME added system restore and a few minor things. If I run in DirectX I have no problems, better overall frames than the old exe but a few more stutters here and there. The new exe uses more memory than the old one does. And in OGL, it seems to push Win98/ME memory management ( what little there is ) to the limits.

singlecoillover
11-27-2004, 09:21 AM
Thanks. Bump.

Fliegeroffizier
11-27-2004, 11:53 AM
I've been running IL2/FB/AEP/PF on Windows ME for 3 years...No problems whatsoever!!! In fact, back in the early days of IL2, I read about MANY more "problems" people with XP were experiencing...none of which effected me (ME).

3.JG51_BigBear
11-27-2004, 02:21 PM
Are you getting some sort of error message, is the game crashing to the desktop, is the game not starting at all, are you getting serious stutters, is the game not installing, are you having graphic issues, any of these?

singlecoillover
11-28-2004, 12:10 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by 3.JG51_BigBear:
Are you getting some sort of error message, is the game crashing to the desktop, is the game not starting at all, are you getting serious stutters, is the game not installing, are you having graphic issues, any of these? <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Nope, I haven't, i haven't even played it yet. I'm just trying to convince my dad that it won't mess up his computer. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif