PDA

View Full Version : How Much Are You Willing To Pay For This Game?

DingChavez2005
07-21-2007, 05:27 PM
How much would you pay for this game at most assuming that you just get the game (not like a Collector's Edition)?

DingChavez2005
07-21-2007, 05:27 PM
How much would you pay for this game at most assuming that you just get the game (not like a Collector's Edition)?

braiog
07-21-2007, 06:13 PM
As it stands, $9.99 right now.

If they added SvM style MP, I'd pay $49.99.

DingChavez2005
07-21-2007, 06:21 PM
Has it been confirmed that Ubisoft will not put Spy Versus Mercenary Multiplayer into this game, and if so, may I have a link?

stavros_27
07-21-2007, 07:31 PM
I'd pay what the regular price is for new 360 games. There would be no reason for them to release it for anything more, regardless of how the game pans out.

StealthShottz
07-21-2007, 07:47 PM
With a SvM experience better than DA's, I would pay $55.99. Without it, and with crowd multi, I would pay probably 15 bucks for this game just for the first 3 hrs of the game and the story. If the game only contains 1/4 shadow stealth, I pay 1/4 the price.

MKCC14
07-21-2007, 07:54 PM
The same price I always pay for my 360 games, $60.

element54
07-21-2007, 08:37 PM
How many games do you think Conviction will sell? On that note, how many did Chaos Theory or even DA sell?

lochang19
07-21-2007, 11:55 PM
$0.00 is what they're going to get from me.

Or you could say...

$50.00 is what they're NOT getting from me.

@ Element, I know Chaos Theory sold the best of the first three, and many people have said Double Agent has sold the least, but I've never seen hard numbers to back that up.

Though I would presume it's a good approximate.

SilentKiller210
07-22-2007, 12:00 AM
As it stands, I'd go with $50. Of course, with SvM I'd be willing to pay $70, but whatever.

Stealth_chill
07-22-2007, 12:37 AM
$gamefly.00

i wont buy this game. i dont even know if it deserves being in my <span class="ev_code_RED">Q</span>

cooldude6681
07-22-2007, 12:49 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by MKCC14:
The same price I always pay for my 360 games, $60. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/agreepost.gif

tmgbhot
07-22-2007, 03:38 AM
atm I'm broke so zero dollars http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-indifferent.gif

Hiddai
07-22-2007, 03:55 AM
In Israel where i live games are very expansive 90$ a game AAAAHHHHH!!! so i may buy this game from USA like i did with DA...

CovertKi11
07-22-2007, 08:39 AM
Wow, 360 games are expensive. $60 a game? And that's USD? ****.

Heimdall1968
07-22-2007, 09:29 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by lochang19:
@ Element, I know Chaos Theory sold the best of the first three, and many people have said Double Agent has sold the least, but I've never seen hard numbers to back that up.
</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Untrue. Chaos Theory sold the LEAST of the first three. The 1st one over-sold the 2nd and 3rd sales combined!!

Oddly enough, the 1st one is the only one without multi... http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

MKCC14
07-22-2007, 09:43 PM
All I know was that SCCT was the most hyped...but its not like it was over-hyped because the game delivered.

stavros_27
07-22-2007, 10:19 PM
If CT sold the least out of the first 3 games, then it would make a lot of sense as to why the gameplay is going into a different direction. It wouldn't be logical to pump out the same gameplay if less and less people were buying each new SC game.

GrImReApEr192
07-23-2007, 12:04 AM
$59.99 w/tax of course, from ebgames.

CriminalOrigins
07-23-2007, 01:43 PM
$5-$10...

element54
07-23-2007, 02:22 PM
so give me some numbers on the ammount of sales.

Sonkev
07-23-2007, 03:16 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by braiog:
As it stands, $9.99 right now.

If they added SvM style MP, I'd pay $49.99. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I like your thinking, But I'd pay $10.01 without SvM, :P

And buy it for the nomral price of $49.99 with SvM. From Frys, my favorite place ever!

pietjevlip
07-24-2007, 08:47 AM
If the story get's on OK, I'm Willing to pay ‚ā¨50. Which is quite standard for PC-Games in Europe... in USD it that's just about $69. Not concerned with multiplayer... But first I need to upgrade my 3-years-old-never-updated-system a little... Even DA won't run around here... By the time I get that fixed, I'll buy DA... By the time I get the money again, The price will probaby be lowered...

ROLNIK
07-24-2007, 11:40 AM
just an advice - don't buy DA for PC

pietjevlip
07-24-2007, 12:36 PM
why not?

Brownsnakeeyes
07-24-2007, 06:44 PM
$0

ROLNIK
07-24-2007, 06:56 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">why not? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
you'll get better answer here:
http://forums.ubi.com/eve/forums/a/frm/f/954105331

pietjevlip
07-25-2007, 05:24 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by jasiek.rolnik:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">why not? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
you'll get better answer here:
http://forums.ubi.com/eve/forums/a/frm/f/954105331 </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

There are a lot of people experiencing problems with games... I never have any problem, so why should DA be a difference... Even the most buggish games work wonderfully on my system, so I will certainly buy DA...

legacyzero
07-25-2007, 07:32 AM
The 25 bucks it will cost 7 months after release. Double Agent costed that much after 7 months. IF THAT. That can be a goot thing though. It made the Online community grow again, if but for a short while http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-mad.gif

aniket_nayak
07-25-2007, 11:39 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Brownsnakeeyes:
$0 </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

lol

Chinese_Bookey
07-26-2007, 04:23 AM
A billion dollars.

...OF MONOPOLY MONEY!

EskimoBob32
07-26-2007, 05:42 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Chinese_Bookey:
A billion dollars.

...OF MONOPOLY MONEY! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
You'd have to buy a lot of sets of the game. You'd probably end up paying more than retail price. But that's what you meant, right? http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/53.gif

Chinese_Bookey
07-26-2007, 08:02 AM
Yes. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_frown.gif

psyichic
07-26-2007, 08:18 AM
Right now: Zip. They get nothing from me.

So unless through some miracle they decide to add a refreshed retro (CT style) SvM they will continue to get nothing.

sunniy
06-22-2010, 03:25 AM
$19.99

Falzar
06-22-2010, 04:18 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by element54:
so give me some numbers on the ammount of sales. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

You want numbers? I will give you numbers....those numbers are for xbox sales....

Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell (XB):2,91 million sales
Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell: Pandora Tomorrow (XB):1,42 million sales
Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell: Chaos Theory (XB):1,11 million sales
Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell: Double Agent (X360):1,17 million sales
Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell: Conviction (X360):1,15 million sales

these numbers are from vgchartz site so go there if you donít believe me....
PS:as i see Splinter cell is number 1,pandora tomorrow is number 2 double agent is number 3 conviction is number 4 and chaos theory is number 5.....

sameer_monier
06-22-2010, 05:18 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Falzar:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by element54:

You want numbers? I will give you numbers....those numbers are for xbox sales....

PS:as i see Splinter cell is number 1,pandora tomorrow is number 2 double agent is number 3 conviction is number 4 and chaos theory is number 5..... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

oh wow, so CT sold less than the 1st SC, it is the least one !!!!, i guess the hardcore fans would never believe it and will start doubting your site

coltcat
06-22-2010, 05:50 AM
http://bostonist.com/attachments/austinist_kerry/pirate-cat.jpg

FrankieSatt
06-22-2010, 06:34 AM
After having played it, I wouldn't pay anything for this junk and I have not nor will not recommend this game to anyone.

Joshua Morrison
06-22-2010, 06:55 AM
I would pay about 10 dollars.... it selling for a little more than 20 right now on Ebay so you are really a fool if you say 50 bucks.... that being said I think its foolish period that so many people just buy 60 dollar games all willy nilly, only a few games are worth the day one 60 dollar price tag.

Vozlov-3-0
06-22-2010, 07:45 AM
I paid just over half of the original price here in the UK. I'd say that was about right.

/\ I'd agree though. Very VERY few games are worth their retail value today. Compared with games from 5-10 years ago the content is pretty sparse gameplay wise... or the gameplay practically hasn't changed since conception.

Hence why I rarely buy new games anymore.

If the next SC had more content I'd buy it first day.

Acenoid
06-22-2010, 07:59 AM
You have to admit that games became much more complex today. Try to run some of your favourite games via dosbox or similar again and see if you can endure it till the end.

Most people are just "fed" with computergames and that is why they do not appreciate many changes.

Please don't take the above out of context of course there are several (probably many) top notch games which can be played always. But often games you liked in the past faded away by the time.

Another point is also the people themselves, jumping upon the hype train and not rewarding well thought out productions.

Main problem of todays games is that the publishers control more and more the modding abilities by forcing the customers into drm contracts and games that are not really sold and stop working in a few years when the online platforms change or die out....

codenameeric
06-22-2010, 09:14 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Falzar:

PS:as i see Splinter cell is number 1,pandora tomorrow is number 2 double agent is number 3 conviction is number 4 and chaos theory is number 5..... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I find those numbers very interesting since the original splinter cell is the most potentially-frustrating of them all. After that, ubisoft made the games easier and easier to attract a larger audience(I assume), but the opposite thing happened. Could it be that people preferred things before it was 'dumbed down'?

Falzar
06-22-2010, 09:48 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by codenameeric:

I find those numbers very interesting since the original splinter cell is the most potentially-frustrating of them all. After that, ubisoft made the games easier and easier to attract a larger audience(I assume), but the opposite thing happened. Could it be that people preferred things before it was 'dumbed down'? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

no man maybe it was a reason that the sales were low in other games because they dumbed down them but you must find other things such as the advertising they had, the competition from other games when they were released, what was the economy in America and Europe when they are out(in fact in my opinion conviction would have made more sales if there was not economical crisis)...that was some ideas for what they may go wrong with the sales...it is easy to say that the sales were low because they screw the games but in the games market there are lots of reasons why a game went wrong in sales....

codenameeric
06-22-2010, 11:24 AM
Totally. But the trend started way before Conviction. Simply interesting.