PDA

View Full Version : I was going to buy it, now I'll just download it.

PoP999606
11-19-2009, 10:53 AM
PC version, of course, I was going to buy it but now I'm ****ed and quite simply sick of developer's determined ******ation when it comes to anti-piracy moves. I mean seriously, I can't go on one game site without seeing an AC II ad and a phrase of the "It's great too bad you're a PC owner and thus are a third class citizen, now go complain on a forum slave" springs to mind.
And so may I conclude with a big [Removed by Vigil] to whomever came up with the delay idead and may banning ensue.

Good day.

PoP999606
11-19-2009, 10:53 AM
PC version, of course, I was going to buy it but now I'm ****ed and quite simply sick of developer's determined ******ation when it comes to anti-piracy moves. I mean seriously, I can't go on one game site without seeing an AC II ad and a phrase of the "It's great too bad you're a PC owner and thus are a third class citizen, now go complain on a forum slave" springs to mind.
And so may I conclude with a big [Removed by Vigil] to whomever came up with the delay idead and may banning ensue.

Good day.

caswallawn_2k7
11-19-2009, 10:57 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">"It's great too bad you're a PC owner and thus are a third class citizen, now go complain on a forum slave" </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
I'm sure they will be glad to see they didn't waste money on those ones.

Vegara
11-19-2009, 11:07 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by caswallawn_2k7:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">"It's great too bad you're a PC owner and thus are a third class citizen, now go complain on a forum slave" </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
I'm sure they will be glad to see they didn't waste money on those ones. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
That's pretty harsh...

Ubi.Vigil
11-19-2009, 11:14 AM
I'm a little unclear about your issue with the PC version of AC2 PoP999606. Is it the later released date compared to the console versions? If so, that was not a piracy decision, rather one of optimisation. The PC has many, many configurations and specifications that need to be optimised for and tested on, so it can be a lengthier development process than the console versions. This isn't always the case with games, but with a game as vast and complex as AC2 it certainly is.

The game is still coming for PC, and will support higher resolutions and mouse/keyboard controls as you'd expect. As a big PC gamer I'm looking forward to it.

Windrius
11-19-2009, 11:20 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Ubi.Vigil:
I'm a little unclear about your issue with the PC version of AC2 PoP999606. Is it the later released date compared to the console versions? If so, that was not a piracy decision, rather one of optimisation. The PC has many, many configurations and specifications that need to be optimised for and tested on, so it can be a lengthier development process than the console versions. This isn't always the case with games, but with a game as vast and complex as AC2 it certainly is.

The game is still coming for PC, and will support higher resolutions and mouse/keyboard controls as you'd expect. As a big PC gamer I'm looking forward to it. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I'm not against ubisoft, but srsly. Delay for 5 whole month just cuz of some bugs? I could rewrite a whole game from xbox to pc(if I even had a little idea what xbox coding is like :/) I mean srsly they could have just released the game and then give us patches. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif I'm ****ed off but since it's already delayed and there are about 20 threads saying same thing about everyone ****ed of with delay etc. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif I'll be happy http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

Vegara
11-19-2009, 12:50 PM
Bioware always makes their pc versions on time and still they can maintain the quality. Why is it that bigger company (I think) Ubisoft cannot do the same?

caswallawn_2k7
11-19-2009, 12:53 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Vegara:
Bioware always makes their pc versions on time and still they can maintain the quality. Why is it that bigger company (I think) Ubisoft cannot do the same? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>Bioware is a subsidiary of EA.

Vegara
11-19-2009, 01:03 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by caswallawn_2k7:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Vegara:
Bioware always makes their pc versions on time and still they can maintain the quality. Why is it that bigger company (I think) Ubisoft cannot do the same? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>Bioware is a subsidiary of EA. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
They were not always.

Tridoxian
11-19-2009, 01:04 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Windrius:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Ubi.Vigil:

The game is still coming for PC, and will support higher resolutions and mouse/keyboard controls as you'd expect. As a big PC gamer I'm looking forward to it. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I'm not against ubisoft, but srsly. Delay for 5 whole month just cuz of some bugs? I could rewrite a whole game from xbox to pc(if I even had a little idea what xbox coding is like :/) I mean srsly they could have just released the game and then give us patches. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif I'm ****ed off but since it's already delayed and there are about 20 threads saying same thing about everyone ****ed of with delay etc. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif I'll be happy http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Did you see Vigil talking about bugs? He's talking about optimization and the fact that there's a lot of configurations and specifications for PCs and that it required a lot of testing thus making it a harder job - at least for some games.

moqqy
11-19-2009, 01:23 PM

Oh, ha-ha. So you're saying UbiSoft suddenly realizes that, oh, "Hey, we need to actually make the PC version work before we can release it! Damn! And all this time we've been talking about a simultaneous release! Too bad we lie-*cough* told everyone like 10 times that PC version will be released at the same time.. not to forget the last time was just a few days before the announcement of the delay"

Please..

PoP999606
11-19-2009, 01:39 PM

I'm sorry Ubi.Vigil but... we're not bloody stupid! 5 months. for optimisation. REALLY? Then every multiplatform game should do that shouldn't it? Of course not! Guys look, every PC delay has "OPTIMISATION" as a excuse and to put that subtelly it's a load of BS. If a developer puts his full interest in it, a port can be done in a month tops....I say again IF HE GIVES HIS FULL INTEREST. But like I said before, PC=3rd class status, and that means developers that berally give a toss to make a quick buck, and then lose it if, after severely ****ing everyone off, the game get's pirated.
And to some it all up, you come and tell me that you're taking 5 more months to put in "Mouse and Keyboard support" on a game bassed on a 2 year old engine that has proven perfectlly comatible on PC tehnology.
People look, I could go on and on about why this situation is complete **** but it alone basicly speaks about the curent PC situation. To put it in the words of Sam Giancanna "Guys, I will be brief, we have been ****ed"

P.S. Oh and lying to us with crap like this is not smart or nice UBI. Optimisation, right....

moqqy
11-19-2009, 01:44 PM
will support higher resolutions and mouse/keyboard controls as you'd expect. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I missed the comedy of this part. Really, it will support mouse and keyboard controls?

Woa-aah! A PC game that SUPPORTS MOUSE AND KEYBOARD CONTROLS? Suddenly the delay is worth it!

Wytao
11-19-2009, 03:32 PM
At least there making it for PC?...

SWJS
11-19-2009, 03:48 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">I'm sorry Ubi.Vigil but... we're not bloody stupid! </div></BLOCKQUOTE> Coming from a guy who just posted a thread shouting obsceneties and threatening to pirate the game. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-indifferent.gif

Look, dude, I know you're angry that you have to wait, I would be too, but it's no reason to hate on Ubi about it. I've been studying game developement for quite some time. The PC version of any game is always the hardest, because all PCs have different optimisation requirements. Some people have outdated PCs, some have brand new PCs. Not to mention Windows 7 just came out, and they've got to optimise AC2 for it too. It takes time, and if they rush, you'll get an unpolished, unplayable game, and then you'll just complain about that.

The devs are working their bums off right now on the PC version, and they worked hard on the console versions. They're not out to get you.

Besides, if you continue to single out the PC gaming market and pirate the games anyway, they'll literally start to shun the PC market because it wont make them any money.

Be patient. You're still going to get the game, just be glad they didn't cancel the PC release all together. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

kerkain
11-19-2009, 03:58 PM
Here is a good reason as to why I bought a 360. While I generally play mainly on my PC, I know that using a 360 I will get the same quality of gameplay as everyone else for the time until the next one. I'm by no means a 360 fanboy before that gets thrown out there. But its the best of two worlds. And I didn't have enough money for the PS3 anyway.

Roenick9727
11-19-2009, 04:05 PM
Bioware always makes their pc versions on time and still they can maintain the quality. Why is it that bigger company (I think) Ubisoft cannot do the same? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Really? Would this be the same Bioware that released Jade Empire on PC more than a year after it was out on Xbox? Or the Bioware that released Mass Effect on PC more the 6 months after the 360 version. I love Bioware games but had to point out that your statement is absolutely incorrect.

Additionally it is not like this is a new thing for the Assassin's Creed franchise. For those of you with short memory spans the PC version of the original AC on PC followed the console versions by 5 months too.

caswallawn_2k7
11-19-2009, 04:20 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">that released Jade Empire on PC more than a year after it was out on Xbox </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
it was only actually about a month or so short of 2 years.

BTOG46
11-19-2009, 05:33 PM
Please use This Thread (http://forums.ubi.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/5251069024/m/6491071297) to discus the delayed PC release.