PDA

View Full Version : PF $19.95, AEP 4.95 at EB, a week after i paid 40 bucks.....

Enforcer572005
05-14-2005, 03:51 PM
at electronics Boutique (Rome GA. USA) I saw both ofthese prices, which really nailed me as i just paid twice that for pf 2 weeks ago....that's ok, it was well worth it. I dont know what they were selling FB gold for (includes aep), but I bought that for 19.95 about two months ago. And I saw the original IL2 for 9.95 in Walmart last week.

ought to make upgrading a bit easier, if your comp is fast enough to run it (i had to get a new one to do FB-gold).

Seeing these prices makes me wonder though, is 1C going to go this long w/o any new stuff for the market? Might be a good excuse for an AEP type adon.....for the sake of making some cash flow. or maybe theyll jsut combine all the sims into one like they did FB-gold. Just wondering a bit. I want these guys to make some bucks so they can keep coming up with this neat stuff.

Besides, I hear Oleg needs some new wheels. I think a T-62 can be had really cheap.

Enforcer572005
05-14-2005, 03:51 PM
at electronics Boutique (Rome GA. USA) I saw both ofthese prices, which really nailed me as i just paid twice that for pf 2 weeks ago....that's ok, it was well worth it. I dont know what they were selling FB gold for (includes aep), but I bought that for 19.95 about two months ago. And I saw the original IL2 for 9.95 in Walmart last week.

ought to make upgrading a bit easier, if your comp is fast enough to run it (i had to get a new one to do FB-gold).

Seeing these prices makes me wonder though, is 1C going to go this long w/o any new stuff for the market? Might be a good excuse for an AEP type adon.....for the sake of making some cash flow. or maybe theyll jsut combine all the sims into one like they did FB-gold. Just wondering a bit. I want these guys to make some bucks so they can keep coming up with this neat stuff.

Besides, I hear Oleg needs some new wheels. I think a T-62 can be had really cheap.

3.JG51_BigBear
05-14-2005, 04:08 PM
They have a Russian only addon with some Russian 1946 equipment, the Pe-2 and, rumour has it, an Il4. Unfortunately you need the Russian version of the game to play it.

Tooz_69GIAP
05-14-2005, 07:01 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by 3.JG51_BigBear:
They have a Russian only addon with some Russian 1946 equipment, the Pe-2 and, rumour has it, an Il4. Unfortunately you need the Russian version of the game to play it. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

An IL-4??? As in the twin engine bomber?? Now, I've not heard that one before!!

Or perhaps you were meaning the IL-10?

Taylortony
05-14-2005, 07:37 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Enforcer572005:

Besides, I hear Oleg needs some new wheels. I think a T-62 can be had really cheap. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

take it back say u cant get it to work, get a refund then buy it again...... expect to get a slap for that http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_frown.gif

3.JG51_BigBear
05-14-2005, 07:42 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Tooz_69GIAP:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by 3.JG51_BigBear:
They have a Russian only addon with some Russian 1946 equipment, the Pe-2 and, rumour has it, an Il4. Unfortunately you need the Russian version of the game to play it. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

An IL-4??? As in the twin engine bomber?? Now, I've not heard that one before!!

Or perhaps you were meaning the IL-10? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

My mistake, I meant the il10. Thanks

Enforcer572005
05-15-2005, 01:20 PM
while that is an idea, I dont really wanna irritate them that bad...I do a fair amount of bsness there, and Im trying to get on the good side of this FINE chick who works there that's considering me for doing some photography for her....it's a dirty job,but somebody has to do it.

my luck, it'll probably be wedding photos....

I reallly dont understand limiting the market on some stuff....isnt american money at least as good as rubles.....I mean there's alot of us that would buy these things. Like I said, I'd buy an addon that included a fair number of ships, and so would alot of other guys.

I just can't believe they would leave themselves out of the american (and european) market for a long period. I bet some of cmpn blders wouldnt mind having thier work on such a cd, if they knew they would be able to get the stuff that such a product would offer.

EA used to do that alot with their navy fighters sims, culminating in things like "fighters anthology" and "longbow anthology".

I hope they dont let some corporate suits talk them out of some projects that could make some money, as 1C has always been inovative and unconventional in its approach, despite such presures.

-HH-Quazi
05-15-2005, 01:28 PM
The fact that you do alot of business with them makes me think you should at least inquire and that they should at least offer. Shoot, I expect vendors I do allot of business with to do right by me.

GerritJ9
05-16-2005, 02:33 AM
I have just returned from Kiev, and the Russia-only add-on has NOT been released yet.
And not only will you need the Russian versions of FB, AEP and PF, you will also need to install a Russian version of XP or W2000. I tried to install the Russian versions on my W2000 (English) and could not get anything installed. At the very least you will need to make your comp dual-boot, or use a second computer with a Russian-language OS. This is not a problem peculiar to IL2 games, I have the same problem with other Russian-language software.