PDA

View Full Version : Here's a crazy question...

LilHorse
11-02-2007, 09:40 AM
Can the current sound hack be applied to the old IL-2 game? If not, then there's that at least that can be left as a level playing field online.

People had been complaining here that the later patches have made FMs somewhat less challenging and if I remember that wasn't a problem in the original game. Of course, there were odd things about some of the models, but if it isn't hackable at least they'd be the same for everyone.

I know there will be those who won't like it's limitation mostly to the Eastern Front. But I, for one, preferred that theater and it was lacking when I stopped flying online a while back.

Anyway, can the old IL-2 be hacked in a similar fashion?

LilHorse
11-02-2007, 09:40 AM
Can the current sound hack be applied to the old IL-2 game? If not, then there's that at least that can be left as a level playing field online.

People had been complaining here that the later patches have made FMs somewhat less challenging and if I remember that wasn't a problem in the original game. Of course, there were odd things about some of the models, but if it isn't hackable at least they'd be the same for everyone.

I know there will be those who won't like it's limitation mostly to the Eastern Front. But I, for one, preferred that theater and it was lacking when I stopped flying online a while back.

Anyway, can the old IL-2 be hacked in a similar fashion?

crucislancer
11-02-2007, 09:51 AM
That's an interesting question. I would think that it could be hacked, since the game engine is the same, but I don't see anyone wanting to. I actually still have the original on my HDD, patched up and ready to go. I give it a spin every now and then, just for the hell of it.

Cajun76
11-02-2007, 10:12 AM
I would think it would work for a time, but as soon as it got popular, it would be cracked too. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/51.gif

The peeps who want to use the crack online should really go to CFS or something. They're not really doing anyone any favors by taking it online. Offline, meh, don't care, as it's your own business.

I might just dust my copy off too.... but no Thunderbolt! http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/bigtears.gif

LilHorse
11-02-2007, 11:56 AM
Hmmm....

I guess not much interest *crickets chirping*.

Oh well it was just a thought.