PDA

View Full Version : aid advice for the next game assassins creed

karciles941976
09-16-2009, 08:47 PM
people want to assassins creed 3
many people want to be in 2012 with Desmond Miles with the altair and ezio Aviles

karciles941976
09-16-2009, 08:57 PM
also a good story if they showed what happened after that altair found the Fruit of Eden if you think of a trilogy ubisorf nothing more

Braxto
09-16-2009, 09:25 PM
First off welcome to the forums http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif second off dont double post its a rule. Third off, i think they all know well enough that we want a third game, and they are going to give us a third game were already pretty sure of that. Whether we go past a third game is a whole different story. And they cant do it in 2012 it'd be lame we still need to live in more ancestors shoes before we hit desmond up.

EmperorxZurg
09-16-2009, 09:50 PM
a third has been confirmed, this is a trilogy they said. And I'm sure it won't be 2012 because they said the whole experience is you being an ancestor of Desmond. Otherwise it would be called "Desmond's Creed"

Realjambo
09-17-2009, 01:29 AM
Karciles, welcome to the forums. You can use the 'edit' function to add to a post instead of double posting. It is the icon witha a pencil end, bottom right. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/25.gif

Azugo
09-17-2009, 01:52 AM
...What?

SLB_2009
09-17-2009, 05:37 AM
Originally posted by karciles941976:
also a good story if they showed what happened after that altair found the Fruit of Eden if you think of a trilogy ubisorf nothing more

For that we get AC: Bloodlines for PSP

EmperorxZurg
09-17-2009, 08:06 AM
He means the Piece of Eden right? http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-indifferent.gif

DeSabellis
09-17-2009, 08:19 AM
Assassins Creed 3 will see Desmond become the Ultimate Assassin (http://www.videogamesblogger.com/2009/06/10/assassins-creed-3-will-see-desmond-become-the-ultimate-assassin.htm)

"Assassins Creed has always been planned to be a trilogy, and Desmond is going back in time, using the Animus to eventually become the ultimate assassin."

I am pretty sure the third one will deal with Desmond and the present time. In fact, I could have sworn I read somewhere that the ending of AC2 sees Desmond moving away from the Animus, and as a result, they (developers) needed to find away to allow missions to be re-playable.

caswallawn_2k7
09-17-2009, 09:53 AM
the developers have actually said they don't want to come too far forward in time as it would turn the game into a shooter (they don't want that) and have said it's entirely possible the third game will explore a time even before AC1.

Jack_Vykios
09-17-2009, 11:04 AM
Originally posted by caswallawn_2k7:
the developers have actually said they don't want to come too far forward in time as it would turn the game into a shooter (they don't want that) and have said it's entirely possible the third game will explore a time even before AC1. Yes...but it's not very tidy storytelling, though. I mean, I'm all for creative storytelling, but only if it benefits the ambience. Pulp Fiction, for instance, was a messy (in a good way) movie, and was edited appropriately.

What Assassin's Creed has it a very, very clean aesthetic. This is in no way a bad thing; it's a creative decision to make it that way, and as a result, all those following it should acknowledge this. Would it benefit the pace of the series to, after going forward to a more advanced age with more options available, double back and go further back in time than before? I mean, they COULD go back, and we could be the assassin of...oh, I don't know...Philip of Macedonia, but why? It seems to me that the buildup is to playing as Desmond as a fully fledged Assassin. That's what I'm expecting and, if not that, then something more along those lines. A WW1 or 2 Assassin (or even a cold war Assassin), for instance, would also make sense in the third game. But this is a story revolving around Desmond, really, and if it doesn't end with us playing as him, then I hope the developers have something only more creative than that.

caswallawn_2k7
09-17-2009, 11:15 AM
actually the whole game doesn't revolve around desmond (or even altair/ezio) the game revolves around the animus and the game basically is the animus, this is why they have said they wont remove it as the animus is the leading man in the game not anything else.

the fact is the first game they are chasing a piece of Eden to find out locations of the other parts (ending) now in the second game they are using a different animus, meaning a different faction could of got hold of desmond (after all they did say he would be working with the assassins) and stuck him in a different animus moving the game on and allowing for the changes to how the game operates.

in the second game we don't know if they will still be chasing a piece of Eden they could be chasing something different that allows them to stop the plans shown in AC1.

this is why it is also entirely possible in AC3 they are looking for something else and it's possible the only place they can find it is further back in time, as you have to assume after this time desmond would of became more in sync with the animus meaning putting some1 else on it could cost them a lot of time they don't have as they would basically have to start from nothing again.

so you need to trust there will never be a game that revolves around desmond (the devs have said as much) and that the entire game revolves around the animus and nothing else the rest is expendable.

Losk_
09-17-2009, 11:34 AM
I don't see why people are asking for this. I dont think playing as desmond would be as fun as people seem to assume/think it would.

Jack_Vykios
09-17-2009, 11:52 AM
Originally posted by caswallawn_2k7:
actually the whole game doesn't revolve around desmond (or even altair/ezio) the game revolves around the animus and the game basically is the animus, this is why they have said they wont remove it as the animus is the leading man in the game not anything else.
...how can the Animus be the leading man? It's not a character; the Animus is a storytelling device. It doesn't do anything; it simply allows Desmond and Lucy and Warren to experience the lives of Desmond's ancestor. It serves the same purpose as the Ray Sphere in inFamous; it's simply a catalyst for the story. It DOES serve an integral part to the story, but the story itself does not revolve around the animus, as there's no mystery regarding it. It's simply a tool used by the game's story.

the fact is the first game they are chasing a piece of Eden to find out locations of the other parts (ending) now in the second game they are using a different animus, meaning a different faction could of got hold of desmond (after all they did say he would be working with the assassins) and stuck him in a different animus moving the game on and allowing for the changes to how the game operates.
I've not seen or heard any of that. I'm not saying you're lying or making stuff up, but can you back yourself up there? Nowhere have I seen that Desmond has been captured by a different faction or is using a different Animus. I know the Animus has been UPDATED, but this is really more of a gameplay device than a story one.

in the second game we don't know if they will still be chasing a piece of Eden they could be chasing something different that allows them to stop the plans shown in AC1.
I would think the third game would be Desmond stopping the 2012 stuff himself. I mean, there is a lot of stuff happening in the game world that has nothing to do with the Animus, and Desmond, being the one from whose perspective the story is told, is the logical one to be chosen to get things on the way to being good and right again.
If not him, then I hope the devs have a suitably creative alternative. For fans of the games, imagine playing all the Halo games from the point of view of a politician, or the Half-Life games from the perspective of a stalker.

this is why it is also entirely possible in AC3 they are looking for something else and it's possible the only place they can find it is further back in time, as you have to assume after this time desmond would of became more in sync with the animus meaning putting some1 else on it could cost them a lot of time they don't have as they would basically have to start from nothing again.
Assassin's Creed 3 will be the end of the trilogy (kinda goes without saying...); I heavily doubt it'd have the exact same plot as the first two games. The third/last game needs to offer some kind of closure, which isn't possible if it's another "we need to find this magical object to fulfill our evil plans! Mwhahaha!". It would basically become a case of Deus Ex Machina in that case, as, of course, the last object they find is the one that undoes them. But then, from a storytelling perspective, that undoes the point of the first two games. What purpose do they serve if the third game has the same basic plot (Desmond + Animus = we get something to fulfill our evil plans, mwhahahaha), but is the only one with any closure? You wouldn't be as well acquainted with the characters, sure, but after a bit of playing, you'd manage well enough.

Then you say that it would be too much work for them to replace Desmond in the animus...no, it wouldn't; it would just be stupid. Why would they do that? Desmond is obviously important enough to have his story told, unlike all those who used the Animus before him; why would they even consider up and killing him off before the end of the series and replacing him with someone else? I mean, the writing in Assassin's Creed isn't exactly brilliant, but I give the writer enough credit not to be that stupid.

so you need to trust there will never be a game that revolves around desmond (the devs have said as much) and that the entire game revolves around the animus and nothing else the rest is expendable. Where did they ever say this? I follow the games pretty well, all things considered, and I don't remember hearing them saying that the Animus is all that matters. Abstergo is the game's universe, and Desmond is the player - everything he experiences, the player experiences. The Animus is just the controller.

EDIT:
Originally posted by Losk_:
I don't see why people are asking for this. I dont think playing as desmond would be as fun as people seem to assume/think it would. I'm referring to the game's story. I don't doubt that the game's developers can pull off creative ways to play as Desmond if they need to.
All I'm saying is that it's logical to assume that the third game will involve a lot more playing as Desmond, and a lot less Animus. That's what the story is leading up to. I'm not suggesting anything to the developers or telling them what to do (i.e. I'm not saying "I want to play as Desmond!"), I'm just saying I think, at the end of it all, it makes sense that Desmond will be the primary playable character.

DeSabellis
09-17-2009, 11:53 AM
The conflict boils down to Assassins v. Templars. The 'Piece of Eden' itself is just another tool used by the Templars to achieve their goal. Think about it, since the Templars have never really used the 'Piece of Eden' to take over the world or a particular region, the under-the-radar war they have engaged in with the Assassins has still trudge forward and across deferent landscapes.

It's entirely possible that the last game in the trilogy deals completely with Desmond attempting to end the conflict between the two factions. After all, assuming somehow the 'Piece of Eden' has been taken care of (i.e. destroyed) they would still be at war with each other. No matter what though, the game will have to incorporate firearms irregardless of how bad or good that may be. Quite honestly, I don't see how they cannot use Desmond. I believe Patrice even said on that leaked PAX video that "...This is Desmond Miles story...'

Edit: Jack_Vykios http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/25.gif

Jack_Vykios
09-17-2009, 11:58 AM
Exactly. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/clap.gif

PlagueDoctor357
09-17-2009, 12:06 PM
They didn't go through all the trouble of Desmond getting eagle vision and Kristen Bell actually being an Assassin and helping for nothing.

Beyond that, I also believe i've seen an old interview of Patrice straight up saying The Story is about Desmond being held prisoner and forced into a machine.

He also said something like they might make more AC games not even using an animus after the trilogy depending on the success.

Now, you'll probably think im pulling that out of my *** and I very well could be but I 80% remember seeing a video of him saying this before.

I swear it.

Im going to go with Jacks theory on Desmond being the one to end the 2012 thing.

I mean, they hunted down and killed almost all the Assassins. All we know is Lucy kind of told Desmond Hey your parents escaped with her "Have a little faith" line.

Cliffhanger?

They said We'll be back for you Mr.Miles after clearly gunning down all the Assassins trying to get in.

Im thinking AC2 will end with Desmond escaping, Lucy being found out and taken captive.

And Desmonds dramatic hood pull up, hopefully anyway.

I'd love to see him pull that hood up all Assassin gangster style, haha.

caswallawn_2k7
09-17-2009, 12:08 PM
they already said in the devs Q&A on the forums that this game he is helping the assassins with something very different from the first game and he will have a couple of extra tricks but wont do much. I'm still trying to refind about them not wanting it to be a shooter and them saying it all revolves around the animus as it was some of the earliest info released.

it's all here somewhere if you had read everything you would know this.

DeSabellis
09-17-2009, 12:14 PM
I can't remember who exactly mentioned it on this forum, but if you look closely on that PAX footage, the Abstergo logo from the first game on the HUD had been replaced with what appears to be the Assassins' symbol; also, the side mission Patrice engaged in was labeled 'Mission 3', so maybe Desmond's liberation happens very early. Plus Desmond has a historian helping him (which I am guessing is why we also have an Animus database which provides information on various famous locations during the game) which one could only assume would be a vastly different departure from something Abstergo would do. Abstergo appears to be a very large company with many departments (such as the 'Acquisitions' department) so it would be logical to assume that all of their research would have already been done thus no need for a historian.

What does this mean? I am guessing if that Desmond is with the Assassins, is helping them, and eventually probably has 'action sequences', it's only inevitable that Desmond is the actual main character for once.

Edit: I never said that it wouldn't use the Animus for all second game, or at least for the most part. I've read a lot on this game, and it seems to be building up to the Third one just being Desmond.

SBRedFlag
09-17-2009, 04:40 PM
That was me http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif

Losk_
09-17-2009, 11:17 PM
The animus really is the core of the AC series. They're not going to make AC3 all Desmond. That would cut half of game out. The game would feel really shallow without the historical setting and melee combat. Setting AC in modern times and you have AC3: splinter cell.

While I'm predicting things here: Lucy betrays Desmond.

agentpoop
09-18-2009, 12:55 AM
AC3 should be in sparta! they did say altair was in the middle of the timeline so it might be before him in the 3rd game. or maybe spain? wow, imagine fighting spartans AND persians http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

PlagueDoctor357
09-18-2009, 01:59 AM
Never noticed the Animus symbol change, nice.

Can't wait to find out how many Assassins are even left.

the amolang
09-18-2009, 02:10 AM
Originally posted by nateoak10:
AC3 should be in sparta! they did say altair was in the middle of the timeline so it might be before him in the 3rd game. or maybe spain? wow, imagine fighting spartans AND persians http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

that's interesting... when did they say that altair is the middle of the timeline?

DeSabellis
09-18-2009, 06:27 AM
Quite frankly (at least for Desmond story arc) I doubt they would actually go back in time, especially if they kept the whole 'we need to find something in the past' aspect of it. I am guessing the 'Piece of Eden' in the first game was the actual 'first' Piece of Eden because of Al Mualim's comments- specifically when he states that the artifact he held was responsible for Jesus's miracles, the Gods appearing in the Trojan war. So why would they need to go back in time to only realize that Al Mualim had it eventually one way or another?

Then, for all sh*t's sake, let's assume that Abstergo recovered all the artifacts from the map; what would Desmond be looking for in Ezio? I mean, they can't realistically keep up the whole 'ancestor' thing forever, that would get pretty stale to only have Desmond as a vessel.

caswallawn_2k7
09-18-2009, 09:23 AM
Then, for all sh*t's sake, let's assume that Abstergo recovered all the artifacts from the map; what would Desmond be looking for in Ezio? I mean, they can't realistically keep up the whole 'ancestor' thing forever, that would get pretty stale to only have Desmond as a vessel.
read the E3 Q&A the dev's said the reason they are looking at ezio is very different to why they looked at atair. they have already pretty much confirmed AC2 probably has very little to do with the pieces of Eden. after all his memories are being looked at by the assassins now.

PlayerHater117
01-04-2010, 03:37 PM
My ideas are less gameplay oriented, and focus more on plot.

Instead of having to choose which era, which location, and which ancestor Desmond will be visiting through the animus (if any...) it'd be nice to alternate between time periods and locations. Maybe to help find peices of eden he would go into the animus and look for clues of their location in different times and places. (WWII,[Which could be a way to introduce players to modern(ish) warfare with Guns, Bombs, etc....this could be the first memory sequence before Desmond fights in modern times to essentially RE-TEACH players how to fight.] Feudal Japan, Civil & Revolutionary Wars, Napoleonic wars, Ancient Egypt, Ancient Greece, and even during global conflict between indigenous peoples and their European colonizers.)

After Desmond locates all the Peices of Eden (Or in between the discovery of them) he would go out into the real world, to go "treasure hunting" (Uncharted style =P) and find these peices of Eden, and undoubtedly kick some Templar *** sometime in the process. He needs to get laid as soon as possible too. The whole delaying the Lucy love story is freakin killing meh. Haha, but it'd also be nice to go out and assassinate modern Templars too. Maybe infiltrate Abstergo (Splinter Cell style) and straight MERC.

The implementation of more Assassin characters is really necessary. And I mean REAL Assassin characters. Like the one's that are out there doing the fighting, while Shaun, the tech chick, and Lucy sit in that room crying because they're getting their asses kicked. I want to see tech savy kickass modern day Assassin's who are less philosophical and a little more gritty and badass.

Just my view of it. If anyone agrees....hell even if you DON'T agree it'd be nice if someone could try to bring my view to Ubisofts attention.

I'd return the favor.