PDA

View Full Version : Altair's Armor; Destroyed or Just Buried??

Bipolar Matt
06-29-2011, 09:29 PM
I just started a new game of AC:B. Still can't discern whether the armor was actually destroyed or just scattered by the cannonball shot. I paused a video and it looks like the breastplate front and back pieces neatly separated, and when they zoom in on it, it looks mainly intact, just with the pieces strewn about on the floor.

Thoughts?

Bipolar Matt
06-29-2011, 09:29 PM
I just started a new game of AC:B. Still can't discern whether the armor was actually destroyed or just scattered by the cannonball shot. I paused a video and it looks like the breastplate front and back pieces neatly separated, and when they zoom in on it, it looks mainly intact, just with the pieces strewn about on the floor.

Thoughts?

GunnarGunderson
06-29-2011, 09:58 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Please Wait. Your request is being processed...
Logout: Ubisoft Forums
Update LiveCloud Account

Re </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
I doubt the black fabric was indestructible but the armour itself looks perfectly intact

Eric_490
06-29-2011, 10:32 PM
Nothing in the world can puncture, destroy, or damage Altair's armor.

Its is literally indestructible and nothing would happen even if you dropped it into a volcano. The fabric clothes arent but the armor is.

Read the codex.

AntiChrist7
06-30-2011, 12:47 AM
well nothing at the time of altair could destroy it. i don't think he anticipated it to be blown appart by cannons.

glenneey
06-30-2011, 01:40 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Eric_490:

Its is literally indestructible and nothing would happen even if you dropped it into a volcano. The fabric clothes arent but the armor is.

Read the codex. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Exaggeration?

Eric_490
06-30-2011, 01:42 AM
Doesnt matter if you shoot the armor into the sun.

Codex (http://assassinscreed.wikia.com/wiki/Codex)

Page 19 of the codex.

Altair even destroys the formula and refers to golden fleece.

With the power of the apple of eden I think it makes perfect sense that it is totally unbreakable. And this is stated many times.

Furthermore if people would play the damn game, ACB, you will see an older Ezio wearing the armor. So obviously it wasn't destroyed.

scope2005
06-30-2011, 05:36 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Eric_490:
Doesnt matter if you shoot the armor into the sun.

Codex (http://assassinscreed.wikia.com/wiki/Codex)

Page 19 of the codex.

Altair even destroys the formula and refers to golden fleece.

With the power of the apple of eden I think it makes perfect sense that it is totally unbreakable. And this is stated many times.

Furthermore if people would play the damn game, ACB, you will see an older Ezio wearing the armor. So obviously it wasn't destroyed. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

While I personally believe it is just buried under the rubble, after the start of ACB Ezio never retrieves it... That we see of anyway.

You make a very interesting point that desmond see's a vision of older Ezio wearing it... Altair's armor was the best by far, I hope one of the reasons for Ezio's trip back to the Villa Auditore is not only to Write the key to the vault on the wall - but to retrieve his ancestral armor.

swiftkinfe
06-30-2011, 07:17 AM
I have a good feeling Altair's armor will be our unbreakable awesome in revelations so he might get it back then.Might even explain why Desmond see him so old.

Yeah he is wearing it later so he does eventually get it back.

RzaRecta357
06-30-2011, 09:08 AM
Ahhhh, I do this a few times a week.

Rex, the reason Desmond seen him so old is because he was going back to put the code on the wall to open the vault.

The door was locked, so when Desmond and crew were standing there, Desmond seen the ghost of Ezio...Whom at the time forgot the door was locked.

Ezio see's the door is locked and decides to go through the path he used to escape. Desmond follows him.

Ezio goes and puts the code on the wall and then comes back down and has one last look around his basement of the villa before finally leaving.

Desmond follows him and sees all this.

Fairus60
06-30-2011, 09:34 AM
@RzaRecta357
I could be argued that was the main reason he returned, but the theme here is not his reason for returning, but how he recovered the armor.

I personally think that maybe it was taken by the Borgia as a war trophy or something to Rome and Ezio recovers it slightly before returning to leave the code at the villa

Bipolar Matt
06-30-2011, 04:55 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Fairus60:
@RzaRecta357
I could be argued that was the main reason he returned, but the theme here is not his reason for returning, but how he recovered the armor.

I personally think that maybe it was taken by the Borgia as a war trophy or something to Rome and Ezio recovers it slightly before returning to leave the code at the villa </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

That could make a nice bit of DLC for Brotherhood, if Ubisoft were so inclined. Post 1503-Borgia Rome.

"Indestructible" is sort of a relative term. Did Altair conceive of high powered cannonballs 250 years before Ezio's time? Probably not.

On the other hand, since the apple is infused with the knowledge of TWCB, they might have had something truly indestructible in terms of their advanced technology.

I just want closure on what happens to it, one way or another.

Eric_490
06-30-2011, 05:16 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by BipolarMatt:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Fairus60:
@RzaRecta357

I personally think that maybe it was taken by the Borgia as a war trophy or something to Rome and Ezio recovers it slightly before returning to leave the code at the villa </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

That could make a nice bit of DLC for Brotherhood, if Ubisoft were so inclined. Post 1503-Borgia Rome.

"Indestructible" is sort of a relative term. Did Altair conceive of high powered cannonballs 250 years before Ezio's time? Probably not.

On the other hand, since the apple is infused with the knowledge of TWCB, they might have had something truly indestructible in terms of their advanced technology.

I just want closure on what happens to it, one way or another. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Well we know for a fact that some time after brotherhood Ezio returned to the villa and he was wearing the armor along with the robes and Desmond commented on how old he looked.

Im thinking it was probably after Revelations.

That is an AWESOME idea for a DLC. Maybe like a sequence 7-8 or something where he finds and takes back the armor then stored it somewhere as he finishes out the story.

beatledude210
06-30-2011, 06:49 PM
Wait a second... that disproves the "Ezio dies" theory in ACR. I mean when we see him in Desmond's vision he looks well over 52, so he won't die in ACR! http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

iN3krO
06-30-2011, 07:27 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by beatledude210:
Wait a second... that disproves the "Ezio dies" theory in ACR. I mean when we see him in Desmond's vision he looks well over 52, so he won't die in ACR! http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Who said AcR will finish the same year it starts? http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_redface.gif

david5578
06-30-2011, 08:54 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by daniel_gervide:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by beatledude210:
Wait a second... that disproves the "Ezio dies" theory in ACR. I mean when we see him in Desmond's vision he looks well over 52, so he won't die in ACR! http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Who said AcR will finish the same year it starts? http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_redface.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
I think that in order it to be a great game Ezio have to kill him. It have to be a tragedy to finish the trilogy.

roostersrule2
06-30-2011, 09:27 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by david5578:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by daniel_gervide:

Who said AcR will finish the same year it starts? http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_redface.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
I think that in order it to be a great game Ezio have to kill him. It have to be a tragedy to finish the trilogy. </div></BLOCKQUOTE> amd so we have free roam we get the person whos controlling the animus to tell us that were going to put you a sequence before ezio dies so you can look for stuff in his life

CRUDFACE
06-30-2011, 09:31 PM

Read the codex. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

It was made during the 12th or 13th century, and while the apple does do mind bending stuff, it's designed to only efect people. and it taught him how to use stuff from his time. the most they had back then was what...bullets, some kinds of explosions and swords.

It's beena while since then, and I think by now, we can destroy it.

Personally, I think they were just reusing the character model and what's he going to do with his other invincible armor? I mean, if he's got brutus's armor (which for some reason is unbreakable to. He did go to the temples, maybe he found something out there) why would he start wearing altair's armor?

Like he'd go ALL the way back from constantinople to get it. And going by the gameplay, he doesn't have it on, so it must've not mattered. wouldn't you, or any of you get it THEN go off to another adventure? Ezio didn't.

Eric_490
06-30-2011, 11:35 PM
I know why Ezio would go back and get it.

Because its unbreakable. -__-

Guns werent invented at all in Altair's time but he was able to create one using the apple.

Looks like he created something not from his time period. The first guns weren't in use till around 1270-1280.

HeisenLarry
07-26-2011, 12:44 AM
The armor itself is unbreakable. Desmond also views the ghost of Ezio (although much older) wearing the armor and concludes he must've returned to the Villa Auditore later in his life. It's possible he salvaged it.

Ruscris2
07-26-2011, 12:53 AM
Ezio will never get Altair's armour back.There's a piece of armor left from Ezio's in sanctuary &lt;are you blind?&gt;. Give me 2 minutes, i'll go take a screenshot so you don't have the hole game again.

Ruscris2
07-26-2011, 01:06 AM
Here:
http://imageshack.us/photo/my-.../835/imag0010yx.jpg/ (http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/835/imag0010yx.jpg/)

xCr0wnedNorris
07-26-2011, 01:35 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Please Wait. Your request is being processed...
Logout: Ubisoft Forums
Update LiveCloud Account

Re </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

What?

LightRey
07-26-2011, 03:24 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Ruscris2:
Here:
http://imageshack.us/photo/my-.../835/imag0010yx.jpg/ (http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/835/imag0010yx.jpg/) </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
First of all, that's not part of his armor. Go look at Codex page 19. You can also deduce this by the fact that the belt has a renaissance style to it.
Second, it was most likely an easter egg, nothing more.

Dag_B
07-26-2011, 04:14 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by t260z:I mean, if he's got brutus's armor (which for some reason is unbreakable to. He did go to the temples, maybe he found something out there) why would he start wearing altair's armor? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Because the brutus armor is ugly. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_razz.gif

And we do not know if brutus armor is "as unbreakable" as altairs armor. Maybe altairs armor is still better but both are good enough to not being harmed by swords and stuff.

LightRey
07-26-2011, 04:21 AM
Also, 2 kids, 2 armors.

LieutenantJojo
07-26-2011, 07:47 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by david5578:

I think that in order it to be a great game Ezio have to kill him. It have to be a tragedy to finish the trilogy. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Ezio will not die in ACR. AC: Embers takes place AFTER ACR and Ezio's still alive there. + We wouldn't be able to see Ezio die, unless we were seeing it through the eyes of one of his children OR if Desmond gets his hands on one of the seals and that way he can see other points in Ezio's life, like Ezio can see certain points in Altair's life.

I still think Ezio just returned to the villa to write the password on the wall. Ezio wearing Altair's armor in Desmond's vision is probably just a mistake. It would be cool to get the armor back in ACR, but I doubt it. I would actually love it if Ezio made his own indestructible armor. It could make sense since he is now the Mentor and has had the Apple in his possession a few times.

Sparty2020
07-26-2011, 01:24 PM
I hope we see a remade version of Altair's Armor in the game (remade because it'd be strange to go from Ezio's ACR look as a badass mofo to his AC2 look as a cocky teen) but not the cloth or the cloak. Don't get me wrong, I love cloaks but the last thing I want is a drastic jump between Ezio's "regular" clothes and his uber clothes.

I think that Ezio's clothing is surprisingly similar to Brutus' Armor except without the bright red clothing, the fugly eagle statues everywhere, or the five layers of clothing. Sorta looks like the concept in the Scrolls of Romulus

blazefp
07-27-2011, 09:37 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by LarryX4:
The armor itself is unbreakable. Desmond also views the ghost of Ezio (although much older) wearing the armor and concludes he must've returned to the Villa Auditore later in his life. It's possible he salvaged it. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Sorry but I'm 90% sure that it was twisted after the cannon ball hit the house

Serrachio
07-27-2011, 12:56 PM
Just so you know, the belt in the screenshot belonged to Ezio, and wasn't a part of Altair's armour.

You find it where the brothel used to be in Modern day Monteriggioni.

Also, Altair's armour may have been damaged by the cannonball, but what's stopping Ezio from finding out how to repair it from the Seals?

I also hope that the Armour of Brutus is redesigned slightly. It's rather unflattering as it is now.

I'd hope the grey robe parts get a redesign and the red cape gets something done to it to make it fit in with the fur of the armour.

LightRey
07-27-2011, 02:07 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by blazefp:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by LarryX4:
The armor itself is unbreakable. Desmond also views the ghost of Ezio (although much older) wearing the armor and concludes he must've returned to the Villa Auditore later in his life. It's possible he salvaged it. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Sorry but I'm 90% sure that it was twisted after the cannon ball hit the house </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
nope, I checked. The armor itself is fine. anything attached to it was torn however.

blazefp
07-27-2011, 06:10 PM
90% sure and I still got wrong? Damn I'm cursed