PDA

View Full Version : OT: Anyone here into Enemy Engaged 2? I LIKES!!!

249th_Maico
01-15-2008, 10:37 AM
I just got Killed for the sixth or seventh time by an AI Mustang in my K4 so I had enough.
I decided to fire up EE2 on my new PC. I must say this sim is absolutly beautifull. It is not perfect, but defenetly entretaining and has enough eye candy to satisfy the most demanding hardware junky. You get a lot of views around super busy battlefield. There are so many objects doing so many things, it is incredible. I have seen tanks, trucks, ships, carriers with A/C taking off, ect, ect. You can easily spend time just watching the action. But of course, flying is the main reason to own this. There are only two flyables. The Hokum and the Comanche. Both are great steads.
I recomend you read the reviews in Sim Hq. They have a lot of information on how the sim works. And thrust me, you are going to need information. This Sim is a nightmare as far as controls go. I have been at it for a few days and still have not figured it all out. It is NOT a "Pop in the CD I am going to blow stuff up sim" It is more like you are going to spend a week setting this thing up. Then you will slowly learn to fly a helo. Then you will learn how to use the weapon systems but this too will take time. Yes, this what they mean by "Study Sim". The manuals 232 pages must be read in order to enjoy this sim. I cant over-emphasize how good looking this sim is. If you are into flying, its a must in the collection. However, I am really wondering how long till I can start blowing <span class="ev_code_RED">$#it </span> Up. But I think the wait will be worth it. I am still trying to figure a lot of stuff out. Any EE2 fans out there who can throw me a bone? It will be apreciated.

Screenshots will soon follow, Stay tuned...

249th_Maico
01-15-2008, 10:37 AM
I just got Killed for the sixth or seventh time by an AI Mustang in my K4 so I had enough.
I decided to fire up EE2 on my new PC. I must say this sim is absolutly beautifull. It is not perfect, but defenetly entretaining and has enough eye candy to satisfy the most demanding hardware junky. You get a lot of views around super busy battlefield. There are so many objects doing so many things, it is incredible. I have seen tanks, trucks, ships, carriers with A/C taking off, ect, ect. You can easily spend time just watching the action. But of course, flying is the main reason to own this. There are only two flyables. The Hokum and the Comanche. Both are great steads.
I recomend you read the reviews in Sim Hq. They have a lot of information on how the sim works. And thrust me, you are going to need information. This Sim is a nightmare as far as controls go. I have been at it for a few days and still have not figured it all out. It is NOT a "Pop in the CD I am going to blow stuff up sim" It is more like you are going to spend a week setting this thing up. Then you will slowly learn to fly a helo. Then you will learn how to use the weapon systems but this too will take time. Yes, this what they mean by "Study Sim". The manuals 232 pages must be read in order to enjoy this sim. I cant over-emphasize how good looking this sim is. If you are into flying, its a must in the collection. However, I am really wondering how long till I can start blowing <span class="ev_code_RED">$#it </span> Up. But I think the wait will be worth it. I am still trying to figure a lot of stuff out. Any EE2 fans out there who can throw me a bone? It will be apreciated.

Screenshots will soon follow, Stay tuned...

SeaFireLIV
01-15-2008, 10:44 AM
I guess you mean the Enenemy engagaed 2 that`s actually a very poor version of the original enemy engaged?

I had the original, and apart from the (not so good) graphics of 2, the original is better. Sorry, but EE2 was a cash in rip off.

Still, if you`re new to it, it won`t seem like it.

K_Freddie
01-15-2008, 12:47 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by 249th_Maico:
</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

That used to make me real cross, so mad in fact I played the whole night until I whipped the tails off the AI. and being doing it ever since.
This is where you learn your tactics against the online pilots - Don't give up that easy.

P51 AI likes the hit and run tactic and will do this for hours... take them to a friendly flak area.
http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

Chris0382
01-15-2008, 01:40 PM
I suggest downloading WSBS camapign and flying the P-40 over China. Also the New Guinea campaign. These are newbie freindly.