PDA

View Full Version : X-52 hat switch question

DmdSeeker
05-17-2006, 12:14 PM
Hi all;

I've had my main hat switch programmed to zoom in and out (increse and decrease FOW); but stupidly forgot to back up my profile after my last format; and now I find I've forgotten how I programmed it.

If I use simple programming (that's to say; map a key ingame to the two functions; then use the key in the Saitek profile as a simple button press); then the effect works; but is slow and jerky; almost as if the keyboard repeat rate is too slow (it's not; I've checked in control panel and it's set to max).

If I use a macro; then it works; but I can't stop it. That's to say with a single tap on the hat switch the view zooms all the way in (or out)and I can't stop at some intermediate position.

It really seems that since a fresh install of IL-2 from the DVD that some how the key sampling rate has slowed done.

Any one have any ideas on how to achieve a fast, smooth and controllable zoom function? Ideally I'd put it on a slider; but using the hat switch _used_ to work fine; I'm just buggered if I can get it to work now.

DmdSeeker
05-17-2006, 12:14 PM
Hi all;

I've had my main hat switch programmed to zoom in and out (increse and decrease FOW); but stupidly forgot to back up my profile after my last format; and now I find I've forgotten how I programmed it.

If I use simple programming (that's to say; map a key ingame to the two functions; then use the key in the Saitek profile as a simple button press); then the effect works; but is slow and jerky; almost as if the keyboard repeat rate is too slow (it's not; I've checked in control panel and it's set to max).

If I use a macro; then it works; but I can't stop it. That's to say with a single tap on the hat switch the view zooms all the way in (or out)and I can't stop at some intermediate position.

It really seems that since a fresh install of IL-2 from the DVD that some how the key sampling rate has slowed done.

Any one have any ideas on how to achieve a fast, smooth and controllable zoom function? Ideally I'd put it on a slider; but using the hat switch _used_ to work fine; I'm just buggered if I can get it to work now.

midgie
05-17-2006, 12:43 PM
I've got an X45 but if it's the same sst software you can use an 'advanced comand' and set the repeat rate. It works like a macro but stops when you release the key.

If you get sticky keys using the hat switch you need to set a release key for the centre position, there is a section in the help about that.

NonWonderDog
05-17-2006, 02:48 PM
Yep, right click on whatever button in the programmer and select "new advanced command." You'll see three boxes. Whatever's in the first box will run once to completion as soon as you press the button, whatever is in the second box will run after the first macro and then loop continuously as long as the button is held down, and whatever is in the third box will run once to completion as soon as you release the button. You have to assign both keypresses and key releases in advanced mode.

To do what you want, set a keypress and a key release in the "repeat" box and make sure there's a key release in the "release" box (in case you let go in the middle of the loop -- it should set this automatically). To change the repeat rate just change the start time of the keypress.

DmdSeeker
05-17-2006, 04:45 PM
Thanks guys!