PDA

View Full Version : 'Scuse my ignorance! Flaps/gear problems

Bertie42
02-05-2005, 01:47 PM
Hope someone can help. Love PF, but I have a problem. On some aircraft (Seafires, P39s/P400s to name but two) when I use the mouse to move around the cockpit the flaps lower. Also the Wildcat's gear never raises, so I have to autopilot for a bit for it to raise. It spoils what is a superb game! Any idea if the patches will help? Thanks!

Tooz_69GIAP
02-05-2005, 01:53 PM
Well, I have no idea about your problems with the Spit and Cobra aircraft, but for the gear problems, have you checked that you have assigned keys to manually raise the gear?

The F4F and I-16 (any others??) need their gear to be raised manually by continually hitting the raise gear key, until the gear is...well....raised

3.JG51_BigBear
02-05-2005, 01:54 PM
Il2 doesn't have interactive cockpits like CFS. You need to use the assigned key. The landing gear on the wildcat needs to be manually operated, you need to set keys to manually lower and raise the gear and then hit them continuously until the gear is raised.

FoolTrottel
02-05-2005, 01:55 PM
Welcome here!

'use the mouse to move around the cockpit the flaps lower' ..... that's a new one for me!
Maybe you accidently assigned left or right mouse click to lower flaps???

Keep Having Fun!

Bongokid
02-05-2005, 01:55 PM
well 2 hints that may help :

- there is an axis that can be configured to control the flaps instead of discrete imcrements. for example you can assign a rotary to this axis to control flaps more tightly. Maybe in the control options this axix is linked to your mouse. just check in the options.

- some planes don't have automatic gear and so you have to raise and lower them manually. You have to assign keys to these actions since there are none by default.

hope this helsp,

Cheers,

Bongokid