PDA

View Full Version : How do you control the gun in combat (double executions)

Rakudaton
11-19-2010, 09:13 AM
OK. I know you use the gun by holding the attack button rather than tapping. When I'm in an execution streak and hold the button, one of three things happen:

1) Ezio just aims and fires the gun - I think this is when he's further away from people
2) Ezio performs an execution which involves shooting the same guy he kills
3) Ezio performs an execution and shoots a DIFFERENT guy from the one he killed

I can usually avoid doing the first one, but can find no way to differentiate between the other two. How do I make him shoot a different guy from the one he kills each time? Stabbing and then shooting the same guy looks epic but it's kind of pointless; whereas with the double kills you can dispatch double the guards. Do you have to hold a direction or something?

I can't figure it out...

P.S. MINOR SPOILERS!! AWHOOGA!! AWHOOGA!!

Two of my assassins have reached a high enough level and have been granted the hidden gun. What other equipment can they get, and when do they get it? I know about the smoke bombs already; is there a fourth thing?

Rakudaton
11-19-2010, 09:13 AM
OK. I know you use the gun by holding the attack button rather than tapping. When I'm in an execution streak and hold the button, one of three things happen:

1) Ezio just aims and fires the gun - I think this is when he's further away from people
2) Ezio performs an execution which involves shooting the same guy he kills
3) Ezio performs an execution and shoots a DIFFERENT guy from the one he killed

I can usually avoid doing the first one, but can find no way to differentiate between the other two. How do I make him shoot a different guy from the one he kills each time? Stabbing and then shooting the same guy looks epic but it's kind of pointless; whereas with the double kills you can dispatch double the guards. Do you have to hold a direction or something?

I can't figure it out...

P.S. MINOR SPOILERS!! AWHOOGA!! AWHOOGA!!

Two of my assassins have reached a high enough level and have been granted the hidden gun. What other equipment can they get, and when do they get it? I know about the smoke bombs already; is there a fourth thing?

Piflik
11-19-2010, 09:29 AM
Nope. The Smoke Bomb is the last additional equipment they get. But when they are ready to reach lvl 10, you rank them up to Assassin in the hideout. They will then have a Crossbow, the Hidden Gun, Smoke Bombs and Throwing Knives.

Regarding the Execution Streak..I think it is completely random...

salted onions
11-19-2010, 10:08 AM
Okay, here's how the combat with the sword/gun works.

You begin a combo killstreak. You can then:

1) Hold down X, which aims and shoots the gun normally.
2) Aim the analog stick at someone and tap X, and this will add another to the combo killstreak, and may result in a gun execution.
3) Aim the analog stick AND hold down the X, and you stab the guy you're aiming at, and if possible you aim the gun at another enemy and shoot him, a double execution.