PDA

View Full Version : Jet sim with a team like 1CMaddox please.

Nunsuch
01-30-2004, 01:46 AM
I recently bought Lock On: Modern air Combat and I have mixed feelings about it. It is true that Il2 and FB had many bigs when they were released so that never really bothered me about lo-mac. This is what bothered me.

When I read the manuel available for download from the lock on website there were certain features from the russian fighters that were missing, things that more or less exist on the real world counter parts to these aircraft like the Russian equivelant of the Track while scan radar system. Another thing that bothered me was the stalls on the aircraft in Il2 FB when an aircraft stalls at low speed it does the believavble thing and smoothly falls back to earth, in lo-mac after the aircraft stay at unrealistic speeds and altitudes almost stopped in flight and twitch visually. The last thing is the ground interaction in lo-mac there is no gravity on the ground there is no recoil and there is no taking off of a field, landing gear does not break in a realistic way and wings don't drop and tear off as they should.

These problems were enough to make me go against my normal community interaction and post at the lock on forums. The good new is I got a reply from somone in the know (thank you Stormin), the bad news was that he informed me that NO FEATURES NOT ALREADY IN THE GAME WERE TO BE ADDED!

I admit I am spoiled by Il2 now I wish that some developer as dedicated as the 1C Maddox team would make a jet sim in which there are flyable fighters from the U.S. and Russia from the early 1990's with the same attention to detail as shown in this game.

I fly the Polikarpov I16, Mig 3, Fw 190 A4, and Il2. My favorite plane is the Mig 29A and it is the one I fly in lo-mac.

Thank you in advance for any input or consideration I get.

Nunsuch
01-30-2004, 01:46 AM
I recently bought Lock On: Modern air Combat and I have mixed feelings about it. It is true that Il2 and FB had many bigs when they were released so that never really bothered me about lo-mac. This is what bothered me.

When I read the manuel available for download from the lock on website there were certain features from the russian fighters that were missing, things that more or less exist on the real world counter parts to these aircraft like the Russian equivelant of the Track while scan radar system. Another thing that bothered me was the stalls on the aircraft in Il2 FB when an aircraft stalls at low speed it does the believavble thing and smoothly falls back to earth, in lo-mac after the aircraft stay at unrealistic speeds and altitudes almost stopped in flight and twitch visually. The last thing is the ground interaction in lo-mac there is no gravity on the ground there is no recoil and there is no taking off of a field, landing gear does not break in a realistic way and wings don't drop and tear off as they should.

These problems were enough to make me go against my normal community interaction and post at the lock on forums. The good new is I got a reply from somone in the know (thank you Stormin), the bad news was that he informed me that NO FEATURES NOT ALREADY IN THE GAME WERE TO BE ADDED!

I admit I am spoiled by Il2 now I wish that some developer as dedicated as the 1C Maddox team would make a jet sim in which there are flyable fighters from the U.S. and Russia from the early 1990's with the same attention to detail as shown in this game.

I fly the Polikarpov I16, Mig 3, Fw 190 A4, and Il2. My favorite plane is the Mig 29A and it is the one I fly in lo-mac.

Thank you in advance for any input or consideration I get.

AirBot
01-30-2004, 05:40 AM
I think if Oleg Maddox ever tried to create something as complex as a jet sim, his perfectionism would cause the game's development to drag on for several lifetimes http://ubbxforums.ubi.com/images/smiley/16x16_smiley-wink.gif

Nunsuch
01-30-2004, 01:06 PM
Perhaps but there are a lot of things that do not have to be taken into account like propeller wash over the rudder and I can only see flyby wire as an advantage when modeling a flyable because imputs relate better to what the aircraft does. I would say jet sims overall need to be a little more complex not a lot.

WUAF_Badsight
01-30-2004, 01:31 PM
people dont seem to realise it but the ultimate prop sim would be a Korean War sim

it was all DogFighting

you had the classic Jets in Korea ...... the first Jets therewere really good at A2A combat

& you would have the ultimate props ever to fi to play with as well

noshens
01-30-2004, 02:04 PM
I want korea too http://ubbxforums.ubi.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif, in interview on french website Oleg said when they finish all ww2 theaters they'll do korea http://ubbxforums.ubi.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif, but I am not sure if this is for FB or BOB. In any case it was good news for me.

Scen
01-30-2004, 04:42 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Nunsuch:

Thank you in advance for any input or consideration I get.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

If you really want that level of detail and BTW it's starting to look a lot like LOMAC there is only one sim. Falcon 4 with the Superpak addons and the new BMS exe. There is also another group called free falcon that's adding a lot in the way of new models and skins. It's by far the best complex modern combat sim out there. The attention to detail is frightening. Plus the cool part is... All of the upgrades are for free!

Glassess
01-30-2004, 04:42 PM
I would like to see a Vietnam era sim from maddox that would be neat a bit of A-A gunfights with a few missles thrown in best of both worlds.

HawaiifiveO
01-30-2004, 08:35 PM
Where can I find a copy of Falcon 4??

It's not in the stores anymore.

GR142-Pipper
01-30-2004, 08:56 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Glassess:
I would like to see a Vietnam era sim from maddox that would be neat a bit of A-A gunfights with a few missles thrown in best of both worlds.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

My feelings as well. F-8/F-4/F-105 vs Mig-17/19/21 would be excellent. In addition, these aircrafts' systems were far simpler than today's generation of aircraft which would give time for the sim developers codewriting to progress to today's aircraft incrementally. We'll see a VN air combat sim sooner or later.

GR142-Pipper

LEXX_Luthor
01-30-2004, 11:02 PM
Korea should be part of bigger 1950s jet sim.

you will still have FB , you will lose nothing ~WUAF_Badsight

JG27_Arklight
01-31-2004, 01:38 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by AirBot:
I think if Oleg Maddox ever tried to create something as complex as a jet sim, his perfectionism would cause the game's development to drag on for several lifetimes http://ubbxforums.ubi.com/images/smiley/16x16_smiley-wink.gif<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yeah, these IL-2 games are so perfect we have to change the FMs every patch.

Riiiggghhtttt.....

lol

P.S. Don't get pissy everybody I'm just messing around.... http://ubbxforums.ubi.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Ark

Though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death I fear nothing, for I am driving a Frogfoot.
------------
2.4C @ 3.6 Default Volt.
ASUS P4C800-E (Rev. 11)
1GB Mushkin PC3500 LvL2 Black @ 2-2-2-5
Radeon 9800XT (Cat. 3.10)
SB Augigy Gamer
Antec True550
Zalman 7000A-CU HSF
4 Case fans/1 120mm Blowhole

WUAF_Badsight
01-31-2004, 04:30 AM
actually the next gen in computertech is being made so that its going to be more standardised

so that the tech gets faster but keeps the format untill like 2010 & longer for some stuff

as for the BFs getting changed ....... they are one half of the LW strike force ...... expecting them to have it all 100% on release & the LW planes being limited in type deserve to be as accurate as possible seeing as their is only 2 main types

AirBot
01-31-2004, 05:13 AM
Actually, I see the FMs changing with every patch as a result of Oleg's perfectionism, not as a contradiction to it.
And I didn't say FB was perfect.

Ha! Take that you commie pinko! http://ubbxforums.ubi.com/images/smiley/16x16_smiley-tongue.gif

Platypus_1.JaVA
01-31-2004, 06:30 AM
With the new ace expansion, we will get a jetsim http://ubbxforums.ubi.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

1 Judge not, that ye be not judged.
2 For with what judgment ye judge,
ye shall be judged: and with what
measure ye mete, it shall be measured
to you again.

http://acompletewasteofspace.com/forum/index.php

Nunsuch
01-31-2004, 12:42 PM
Ahh yes but as with Falcon 4 there will be no flyable Mig 29A(9.12)unless I am mistaken in which case I will go out and buy Falcon 4 right soon. I may anyway. Besides the Flight model in Falcon 4 is not that complex it isn't even as good as lock on.

JG27_Arklight
02-04-2004, 11:33 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Nunsuch:
Ahh yes but as with Falcon 4 there will be no flyable Mig 29A(9.12)unless I am mistaken in which case I will go out and buy Falcon 4 right soon. I may anyway. Besides the Flight model in Falcon 4 is not that complex it isn't even as good as lock on.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

LMAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You don't know much about how F4 has been updated do you?

Of course you could always go ask the real f-16 pilots who frequent Frugals.

Ark

Though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death I fear nothing, for I am driving a Frogfoot.
------------
2.4C @ 3.6 Default Volt.
ASUS P4C800-E (Rev. 11)
1GB Mushkin PC3500 LvL2 Black @ 2-2-2-5
Radeon 9800XT (Cat. 3.10)
SB Augigy Gamer
Antec True550
Zalman 7000A-CU HSF
4 Case fans/1 120mm Blowhole