PDA

View Full Version : Your opinions on morph

DoctorEurope
01-11-2011, 11:40 AM
So, recently I've been thinking a lot about the ability morph. I used to love it, it got me a lot of lures and escapes and such. But after starting to use Blender, I don't quite see the point in it anymore. Like Squidish has said a couple times before, I feel like it just draws more attention to your crowd. I mean if you see a morph group you're 99% sure that your target is in that group.

So, what are all of your opinions about morph? http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

DoctorEurope
01-11-2011, 11:40 AM
So, recently I've been thinking a lot about the ability morph. I used to love it, it got me a lot of lures and escapes and such. But after starting to use Blender, I don't quite see the point in it anymore. Like Squidish has said a couple times before, I feel like it just draws more attention to your crowd. I mean if you see a morph group you're 99% sure that your target is in that group.

So, what are all of your opinions about morph? http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

DeanOMiite
01-11-2011, 11:48 AM
I rarely use it and probably won't use it until I'm done unlocking the evolved versions of my preferred abilities because, as you and Squiddish point, blender is better.

I don't play a lot of manhunt, but when I do play it I don't like morph on defense because somebody always has templar vision as an ability, so it's useless there. Even if you hide somewhere NEAR the morph group but not actually in it, you're still going to be identified by TV. On offense it doesn't seem like a great thing to have because you can't control your morphed crowd...plus...you need things that help you hunt, not hide.

In Wanted, if I do use morph, I would rather not be in the group. I will use morph to change the crowd and then EITHER sit on a nearby bench and laugh as pursuers try to identify me in a big crowd and give me Lures OR I will morph a group and then quickly disguise myself and calmly walk away. I haven't actually tried that last one yet, it's just a theory I want to try, but I'm thinking that even if your pursuer sees you morph the crowd that you can disguise yourself quickly enough to confuse him as every person around you changes persona and get away with a very easy stun.

EscoBlades
01-11-2011, 11:51 AM
I use it. And i use it well. Most of the time, i'll morph one group, then blend into another close by. Good players will use their compass to determine which i'm in. By which time, i've probably already determined who they are, run up to them and either smoked or muted them, then finished off with a stun.

It buys you a lot of time against not so skilled players. Sometimes, morphing a group of about 8 personas and huddling in the middle is a great way of staying alive till your abilities recharge.

Then there's the old morph a group and hide in a haybale or on a bench nearby. Again, anyone not paying attention to their compass or not running TV will spend a little time trying to determine which one is you. Some take wild guesses and get it wrong. If you spot someone making a beeline for you in particular, drop some smoke and administer a right hook to their jaw.

obliviondoll
01-11-2011, 11:55 AM
I use it.

It works for me.

I actually use Power Morph (change 6 NPCs) in conjunction with blender.

I make do with blender while Morph is on cooldown, and I tend to make sure I use Morph when there are 2 groups of NPCs in the radius - that way some go away from me, and some stay with me.

Makes pursuers less likely to pick you out early when the lookalikes move in different directions.

I tend to get killed in blend groups FAR more often without Morph, even when using blender, or in a group that happens to have 2 - 3 clones of me already.

Players know you're there, but sometimes, that can be a benefit.

It's an evil plan in Alliance - send your Morph group down to one side of your target while you move to the other using blender - both your targets and pursuers will be watching for you in the obvious place, and miss your hidden incognito poison kill while they give you lures or try desperately to stun the menacing NPCs.

It was funny when I was with a Manhunt team where we all had mics and I morphed 2 crowds for us to hide in...

"You have morph?"
"Uh... yeah..."
"Ew!"

I got the best score in the team on defense, and when anyone was running, they learned quickly that aiming for me was a life-saver.

EscoBlades
01-11-2011, 12:01 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by obliviondoll:

It was funny when I was with a Manhunt team where we all had mics and I morphed 2 crowds for us to hide in...

"You have morph?"
"Uh... yeah..."
"Ew!"

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

People are odd.

DoctorEurope
01-11-2011, 12:34 PM
Hmmm, maybe I haven't been using it right.
Maybe I should blend a group and then get into a different group or hide in a haybale/bench.
I suppose I'll give it another shot next time I decide to play. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Just Krispy
01-11-2011, 12:39 PM
I use it in Manhunt but not for every blend group. I agree with Squiddish that it does draw attention to you too. It is fun to morph a group of homies and walk around the map just for LOLS. To make it more fun be in the front of the group like Squiddish suggests in one of his vids.

TheF00L82
01-11-2011, 01:35 PM
It's a good tool for Offense as well. The obvious use is to close in on blended group (morphed or not) and using Morph and watching which Persona doesn't change. There's the target!

My favorite way of using it is when I get into a Players Match (when I don't have friends on) and my team is outnumbered or leaves. I'll carry Morph and Disguise because the majority of the time, the Defense team is staying together for easy Stuns. I'll find the group they're in, wait for a group that is walking their way, Morph the group, use Disguise, and walk a distance behind the group.

Smoke Bombs fly, Charges go off, Mutes in all direction, and people walking the Morphed group looking for the "Stun Me" button. Meanwhile, I get a Hidden + maybe Focus on one, and can grab 1 to 2 more before the rest of them realize what's happening.

I haven't used this all that often, but enough to know that it does work. Especially in close quarter areas like the hallways in Castel.

AnimusOrBust
01-12-2011, 04:31 AM
I think morph is an amazing defensive tool to use if you're already a good number of points in the lead and want to feed on lures and stuns. Anytime I see my target has power morph I just kill a civilian. I don't use TV in my profiles so I really don't want to play the "Guess My Target And Try Not To Be Obvious Doing It" game.

EQWashu
01-12-2011, 01:50 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by obliviondoll:
I use it.

It works for me.
</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yeah me too. I also have Blender in one of my perk slots as well during times Morph is colling down. Its all personal preference, but I've never gone into Manhunt where at least 2 people didn't have/use it (unless they haven't unlocked it of course).

Basically I use it based on map, where I spawned, and how good/bad the other team is. And sometimes I use it based on whatever challenge I need to complete (I've gotten most or pretty far with Morph-related ones)

If they're using TV (and smart) they're far enough away that if you're walking in a group thats all the same and the don't/miss the lock, shuffle around (it's worked, hand to God). Or my favorite, pick off the last person in the group and work up. Hey, guess what? that down time from killing an NPC means you're going to stun town, sucka!

As for the "Ew!" comment, thats funny and odd. I hear the same about TV and the Hidden Gun. I got b****ed out for having the gun in Manhunt one (mostly he was mad I took the kill he was never gonna catch anyway lol

RogerRamjet99
01-12-2011, 01:58 PM
Morph is my definately my favourite ability. All the above strategies are great. The only thing that hasn't been mentioned is if you're in a chase sequence, run through a breaker, morph the nearest crowd then quickly sit on a bench to get rid of any target on your head. Works like a winner. Sometimes even in an offence you can walk round in a morphed crowd in a small map like rome, and chances are you will bump into your target particularly in the square, then get all the incognito and silent bonuses. You can really get good scores on with morph.

Oh an TV is no problem right as you can see when your pursuer is using it they go translucent, out comes the smoke and give em the glass jaw.

obliviondoll
01-12-2011, 02:35 PM
I like using morph offensively in Manhunt and Alliance.

Just got one of my best Manhunt offense scores today (not the best, but well up there) after accidentally picking my usual hiding build with Morph, Smoke, Blender, Overall Cooldowns, 3 silent, and reset cooldowns.

Used morph once in the match, but it worked like a charm - Picked a blend group heading around the corner of the bulding and approaching the targets, who were all bunched together, so they had 4 of my team's persona heading their way. Climbed the wall, and moved carefully into position above, while my team approached from the opposite side.

First targetused charge, while a second ran inand dropped smoke, confirming 2 of our targets. Then the other two ran in as well, then they milled about next to my morph group while our team straightened out a lock on each of them.

We struck pretty nearly simultaneously, no kill worth less than 400 points, and they got no stuns. Was awesome. I got an acrobatic incognito focus kill, the others got silent, hidden and other bonuses.

One managed a hidden poison by sneaking into one of their blend groups while they were busy.

And we all got 3 multi-kills each for it too.

Mythic_IV
01-12-2011, 03:52 PM
I like to use Morph but I prefer the blender and decoy combo.