PDA

View Full Version : How were the Altair and Desmond missions???

Sarari
11-15-2011, 05:18 PM
Since I'm not getting ACR until Thanks Giving at the earliest, I'd like to know how the Altair and Desmond missions were http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Were they good, great, bad, horrible, incredible, sad, etc.?? And were they what you expected?

Sarari
11-15-2011, 05:18 PM
Since I'm not getting ACR until Thanks Giving at the earliest, I'd like to know how the Altair and Desmond missions were http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Were they good, great, bad, horrible, incredible, sad, etc.?? And were they what you expected?

Animuses
11-15-2011, 05:26 PM
I only played one Altair memory and two Desmond memories.

The first Altair memory was actually really good. I actually felt like I was Altair, which was really surprising. One thing that did annoy me was the fact that Altair can melee with his hidden blade. He was only able to do so after he made the modification, but it's such a tiny detail and it doesn't ruin the experience.

The gameplay for Desmond's memories is horrendous, but I do enjoy the story behind it so that kind of makes up for it.

sp33dd34m0n
11-15-2011, 05:27 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Sarari:

Were they good, great, bad, horrible, incredible, sad, etc.?? And were they what you expected? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I think every one feels different about it but my opinion is:

Altair-Missions: Didnt some say 30-40min? Thats more like a joke. Each mission is around 10minutes. Maybe less but not more. The story they tell is pretty awesome. But yeah, AC story is just awesome in general. Expect some piece of story information but not gameplay.

Desmond missions: they have nothing to do with AC. Maybe for some its fun. I found them really annoying and pointless. Some sort of puzzle and developer & designer art.

JJTHoukes
11-15-2011, 05:33 PM
The Desmond missions, if you can evel call them that, were terrible.
They were only memories in that Desmond narrated some of his memories.
They were terrible.. tetris..portal like puzzles.

The memories he narrated, though, were good.

Sarari
11-15-2011, 06:35 PM
Well, since I got some good news about Altair missions, I'm looking forward to that, especially since Animuses said that it feels like you're actually playing as Altair. Love to hear that http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/metal.gif

And from what you guys are saying, I guess I should look up some Desmond missions on youtube and see them for myself. If they're that bad, what's there to lose.

Puppet627
11-15-2011, 09:27 PM
Slightly off topic but how do you play the Altair memories? I found the first key but it didn't start the memory =/

KuldarYldrad
11-16-2011, 01:05 AM
The Alta´r missions are pretty bad. Too short, bad storytelling. The only good thing is that you play Alta´r. It's a cheap fan service.

The Desmond mission are surprising, I really like them. It's not in the Assassin's Creed style, it's slow and it's a good choice to really give something different.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Puppet627:
Slightly off topic but how do you play the Altair memories? I found the first key but it didn't start the memory =/ </div></BLOCKQUOTE>Go in the main Assassin's den. There is a mission with the key.

kriegerdesgottes
11-16-2011, 02:31 AM
Yeah you know the Desmond missions are bad when there are only five and you are dreading having to get through the last couple. By number 3 I did not want to do it anymore but I had to finish them. The Altair missions are ok. Super short but the whole game in general is just downright good. I am really impressed with how good it turned out.

odovoro
11-16-2011, 02:44 AM
what did you guys think of desmond FP gameplay ?

dxsxhxcx
11-16-2011, 04:43 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by odovoro:
what did you guys think of desmond FP gameplay ? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

based on what I saw on youtube (part of the first memory), lame as hell... =/

[SPOILERS, DESCRIPTION OF DESMOND'S MEMORIES (how they work, not what they tell us]

AC is a game in 3rd person, not 1st person, if I wanted to play a 1st person game I would play CoD or Battlefield, AC being in 3rd person is part of the reason why I like this game so much, I was expecting to play his memories the same way we do with Altair/Ezio with the animus recreating the place where "x" memory happened (it would also be a chance to see how the modern days are in AC), I wouldn't even care if his memories didn't have much action the same way Altair/Ezio's memories have and were a bunch of cutscenes and go to point A to B to see more cutscenes just to tell us his story, in fact, I was expecting them to be that way if that was the case...

Azugo
11-16-2011, 05:12 AM
Am I the only one that actually enjoyed the Desmond missions? The puzzles were easy, but I found them to be quite enjoyable, and then the stuff we would learn about him just added to it.

I was more dissapointed by how short the Altair missions were. It seemed like Ubisoft just thought "lets get Altairs story over and done with".

Each Altair sequence skipped years (up to 20) each time you revisited one. I felt like there was so much more to be told.

dxsxhxcx
11-16-2011, 05:21 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Azugo:
Am I the only one that actually enjoyed the Desmond missions? The puzzles were easy, but I found them to be quite enjoyable, and then the stuff we would learn about him just added to it.

I was more dissapointed by how short the Altair missions were. It seemed like Ubisoft just thought "lets get Altairs story over and done with".

Each Altair sequence skipped years (up to 20) each time you revisited one. I felt like there was so much more to be told. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

my problem with them is because they're in 1st person and not really "teleport" (with the animus recreating the place) us to the place where they happened, they just show us an image of what they look like (at least that's what I saw in the first memory, I believe the others do the same but I might be wrong) and then Desmond start telling us his story... when I saw that image <span class="ev_code_WHITE">of the Farm</span> , and Desmond started telling us what happened there my first thought was: Go Desmond, now enter in that damn picture and teleport us to the place where that happened to show us more, but then, the player went to another way while Desmond was talking about his past... =/

just one question about them: is there an option to play them in 3rd person or we are forced to play them in 1st person?!

roostersrule2
11-16-2011, 05:28 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Azugo:

I was more dissapointed by how short the Altair missions were. It seemed like Ubisoft just thought "lets get Altairs story over and done
with".

Each Altair sequence skipped years (up to 20) each time you revisited one. I felt like there was so much more to be told. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>I like the Desmond things but I've only done 2. I have unlocked all of them though and as for Altair I've enjoyed all of them but have only done 3. The best what I've seen is definetly 3.

Sarari
11-16-2011, 05:54 AM
Ok, right now, I'm too disappointed about the game. For one, I felt like they just wanted to get Altair's story done with by giving us 5 short missions with him. I bet they feel like he's not important because now he have Ezio. What ever happened to the original character? He's pretty special to me.

And the Desmond missions seem really crappy to me. I bet they just wanted to get our hopes up about Desmond and in the end play as him in 3rd person in these puzzle games. To be honest, I saw the AC series heading a different way after playing AC1. You all may see it differently than how I see it, but sooner or later, a lot of you are gonna realize that Ubisoft had the potential to make this series better, at least after AC2.

I'm highly disappointed in them, and I hope they make AC3 tell a better story and make it really long, because if they don't, I'm pretty much not gonna care about AC games anymore.........I will but you guys get my point :P