PDA

View Full Version : officer limit?

reddeath267
05-13-2010, 09:20 PM
anyone know how to get around the officer limit?

reddeath267
05-13-2010, 09:20 PM
anyone know how to get around the officer limit?

S31-Langsdorf
05-13-2010, 10:40 PM
I have struggled with this myself, what I have found works is that I will dismiss officers with special abilities that are doubled up (as in two master electricians). Took a little fiddling to open up others for promotion. To dimiss an officer select and drag him onto the available officer pool on the left. Don't worry, the game will ask you if you are absolutely certain you wish to do that like a good little windows app should.

<S>

Lang

ancient46
05-25-2010, 02:19 PM
Before starting a new game edit all the sub's UPC file . This is found in Data\Submarine\NSS_(Sub Class).upc. If these lines are not present add then after MenuSilhouetteTextureName= (Sub) _Class_01.tga

MaxPettyOfficers=# ; max number of crewmembers over rank 4
MaxOfficers=# ; max number of crewmembers over rank 7
Note that MaxOfficers include CPO's. A historical crew, based on the actual patrol logs of the Gato class USS Archerfish are 6 Officers, 8 Chief Petty Officers, and 52 Petty Officers .
For an existing campaign it is a lot more involved. you have to do the same edit to two save files. SH4\data\cfg\UPCTnital\UserPlayerSettings.upc and the same names file in the \SaveGames folder. The game uses the first file to start a patrol and if it is not edited any save edit will only be for that patrol.