PDA

View Full Version : Wednesday's question

Gbucket
11-24-2004, 05:17 AM
TASKFORCE1x1: In SilentHunter 1 you can see the bulkhead door open for the captain's cabin when selected. Could we have this effect in our SHIII sim?

DevTeam: There is the small issue of 3D interiors of SH3, which were not present in SH1. In order to have the amount of detail you€ve seen and in the same time to not raise the technical specs to the sky, we have to make some trade-offs. This is such a case.

TASKFORCE1x1
11-24-2004, 07:40 AM
I completely understand the issue for the sky,(thanks) It makes sense to me now. I just forgot that in SH1 there was a 2D effect. In SHIII now with all the rolling of the seas and the rocking back and fourth and the men moving around there could be a bit of some graphic lag. I appreciate answering my question thankyou. Maybe in SH4 we can have more effects. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Lanzfeld
11-24-2004, 03:46 PM
"We have to make some trade-offs."

This scares me. That is what they said about the "pop-in" ships of SH-2.

oscar0072004
11-24-2004, 03:52 PM
yeah , but who really cares if the bulkhead is open or closed? not me thats for sure.

Lanzfeld
11-24-2004, 04:03 PM
I am not worried about doors either. I am worried about other things getting sacrificed.

hauitsme
11-24-2004, 04:40 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Lanzfeld:
I am not worried about doors either. I am worried about other things getting sacrificed. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>Yea, like weapons and defenses for both sides. Enemy subs for one. And my MAJOR gripe - A/C using Carriers(the lack of).