PDA

View Full Version : Concerned about the story mode

skflgjbweorgh
12-16-2011, 02:47 AM
Ever since AC Introduced multiplayer to the equation, the single player mode has been getting smaller and smaller. Likely due to the limited space allowed on the disc. For future AC games, ubi should ship the single player and multiplayer on seperate disks. That way the single player can go back to the awesome scale they had in AC 1 and 2 and perhaps also allow the multiplayer to become bigger and better. Most people I've seen either buy AC for the single player or the multiplayer, and rarely both, so I'm assuming people wouldn't mind separate disks.

Thoughts?

misterB2001
12-16-2011, 03:18 AM
Why would the size of the disc matter? They simply didn't have enough time to make a bigger single player in the time frame they had.

skflgjbweorgh
12-16-2011, 03:32 AM
Perhaps it isn't the disc size then, and they should simply spend more time making the games, but it seems like more than a coincidence that once they introduce multiplayer, the singleplayer gets smaller. It isn't uncommon for games to ship on two discs because they couldnt fit it all (refer to dead space 2: same exact scenario i'm talking about here, except unlike ubi, visceral shipped it on two discs)

Either way, i love the franchise, and i hate to see it get so small like this. I'm hoping people agree

misterB2001
12-16-2011, 03:45 AM
i'm pretty sure its because they decided to 'fit in' 2 more games while we all wait for AC3.

There are rumours that AC3 has been in production since before Brotherhood was complete, which if true, would suggest that its going to be a 'big' game.

ProdiGurl
12-16-2011, 04:10 AM
I'm good with 2 disks - and I'm all for longer Story Mode too. I had made a thread about this, asking about whether to remove MP and/or just do releases every 2 yrs.
It could be what Mister said, they were trying to fit the next 2 games into this time frame to set up AC3 & maybe there was a time crunch.

One other thing is that I'm more than willing to sacrifice awesome graphics quality for longer gameplay. It seems the better the graphics, the shorter the games are with some.

LightRey
12-16-2011, 04:55 AM
Originally posted by Themurloc:
Perhaps it isn't the disc size then, and they should simply spend more time making the games, but it seems like more than a coincidence that once they introduce multiplayer, the singleplayer gets smaller. It isn't uncommon for games to ship on two discs because they couldnt fit it all (refer to dead space 2: same exact scenario i'm talking about here, except unlike ubi, visceral shipped it on two discs)

Either way, i love the franchise, and i hate to see it get so small like this. I'm hoping people agree
I'm pretty sure that has more to do with the fact that the last 2 games were developed in a 1 to 2 year period and they were mostly part of the ACII story, not the overall story.