PDA

View Full Version : Need Server pro

Petrosky
01-11-2005, 06:11 PM
Please help i have set up the dedicated server all works fine can change maps and run it through hyperlobby no trouble all can join. but no matter what i do i cant change the difficulty settings. have followed ivans method for the server setup but cant get his method to change difficulty to work Help!

BaldieJr
01-11-2005, 07:17 PM
Check the forums at the hyperlobby site. I posted a file you need there.

Troll2k
01-11-2005, 08:40 PM
Difficulty settings are done from the command line using the difficulty command.They can also be setup in the server.cmd file.

Also note that the settings that show on HL in the info box are for INFORMATIONAL purposes only.They in no way affect your server.

Also copy your user folder from your game to the server main folder.This will allow the information displayed(in the hl info screen) to remain the same each time.

TX-Zen
01-11-2005, 10:43 PM
difficulty SeparateEStart 1
difficulty ComplexEManagement 1
difficulty NoMapIcons 1
difficulty NoMinimapPath 0
difficulty NoInstantSuccess 1
difficulty TakeoffLanding 1
difficulty WindTurulence 1
difficulty FlutterEffect 1
difficutly StallsSpins 1
difficulty BlackoutsRedouts 1
difficulty EngineOverheat 1
difficulty TorqueGyroEffects 1
difficulty RealisticLandings 1
difficulty CockpitAlwaysOn 1
difficulty NoOutsideViews 1
difficutly Headshake 1
difficulty NoIcons 0
difficulty RealisticGunnery 1
difficulty LimitedAmmo 1
difficulty LimitedFuel 1
difficulty Vunerablity 1
difficulty NoPadlock 0
difficulty Clouds 1
mp_dotrange DOT 15 TYPE 4 COLOR 0.5 RANGE 2.5 NAME 2.0 ID 2.0

f gc.cmd

This is a sample server.cmd file. To execute your own server.cmd file, simply use the mission END command from the DS console, then do: file server.cmd , then do your mission LOAD to reload the mission. Your preferred dificulty settings and dotrange settings will be loaded at the execution of the server.cmd.