PDA

View Full Version : Stealth and Shadows

l3LiP
04-02-2007, 05:33 PM
Forgive me if this has already been discussed - the search function hasn't been working all day.

But I was curious to know if anyone had any information about how much importance stealth and shadows will play in AC. From the trailers we have seen an emphasis on mobility and social stealth such as use of crowds and such. What I would like to know is how much traditional stealth play will be used.

This covers the standard things you see in other stealth based titles such as splinter cell and theif. In particular it would be nice to know if you can/need to use shadows/cover/avoiding patrols/approaching from the rear etc etc to both sneak up on your target and/or escape from them.

Obviously it would add another dimension to the game, particularly if some missions took place indoors, but I'm unaware of which directions the devs are taking AC, and whether it will concentrate solely on outside daytime assasinations.

Basically, are you going to be able to sneak/hide in Assassin's Creed?

Also, Crawling/Prone??? and Ropes and Ladders???

Sorry if I'm just being a pain in the ***. Some answers, assuming you know them. Would be appreciated.

l3LiP
04-02-2007, 05:33 PM
Forgive me if this has already been discussed - the search function hasn't been working all day.

But I was curious to know if anyone had any information about how much importance stealth and shadows will play in AC. From the trailers we have seen an emphasis on mobility and social stealth such as use of crowds and such. What I would like to know is how much traditional stealth play will be used.

This covers the standard things you see in other stealth based titles such as splinter cell and theif. In particular it would be nice to know if you can/need to use shadows/cover/avoiding patrols/approaching from the rear etc etc to both sneak up on your target and/or escape from them.

Obviously it would add another dimension to the game, particularly if some missions took place indoors, but I'm unaware of which directions the devs are taking AC, and whether it will concentrate solely on outside daytime assasinations.

Also, Crawling/Prone??? and Ropes and Ladders???

Sorry if I'm just being a pain in the ***. Some answers, assuming you know them. Would be appreciated.

knife_X
04-02-2007, 07:50 PM
I`ll bet Altair`s missing finger on that traditionale stealth will be in the game! They said it themselves not only the POP team in this game but allso SC team so there must be some conflict in there!

tailstriker
04-02-2007, 11:31 PM
if you watch that one trailer where he blends into the monks or priests before the assassination, he gets behind the guards and kills the target.

to me that means you can use some form of stealth/sneaking around.

noobfun
04-03-2007, 05:21 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by N-296:

This covers the standard things you see in other stealth based titles such as splinter cell and theif. In particular it would be nice to know if you can/need to use shadows/cover/avoiding patrols/approaching from the rear etc etc to both sneak up on your target and/or escape from them. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
social stealth and crowd dynamics are the way its bieng pushed, avoiding patrols and approaching from the rear are sensible so yepp chances are they are gona be apart of it. cover .... if they cant see you then they cant hit you on the head with a big stick, but hiding behind a wall wont get your target killed

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Obviously it would add another dimension to the game, particularly if some missions took place indoors, but I'm unaware of which directions the devs are taking AC, and whether it will concentrate solely on outside daytime assasinations.

Also, Crawling/Prone??? and Ropes and Ladders??? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

yes you hide in the crowds and sneak closer that way, not turn invisbile in a bit of shadow or give a wall a feel good hug

crawling around ..that would draw attention dumb idea

ropes? theres some ladders around the place the guards use them to get to the roofs you can climb to ..

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Sorry if I'm just being a pain in the ***. Some answers, assuming you know them. Would be appreciated. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

from what weve been told you can do pretty much what you want, i.e. run around jump on everything climb everything you like ... as long as no one is watching

the game depends on you acting like a regular everyday guy guy, not doing anything odd or out of the ordinary in public view,(they tend to run around screaming or getting guards or just pushing you over) right up until you stick a large chunk of metal through some guys head .... then its open season get running jumping climbing fighting .... loose the guards then act like normal again and go for a stroll to find the next target

ryukoken69
04-04-2007, 12:33 AM
and scaling up the side of a 2 or 3 story building and leapiong around like a rabbit wouldnt draw attention?
I think the crouch & prone would be a good thing...
hide out on a church steple crouched or laying to minimize the amount of body showing to spy and figure out paterns...
It so deffanetly should be in the game it its not.
(sorry for the terrible spelling)

p0intblank763
04-04-2007, 10:39 AM
welll in that one trailer the guy crouches on the building so im guessing you can crouch

RetiredHatch
04-04-2007, 02:34 PM
You can crouch for sure but you can't go prone as far as i can tell that'd be a little weird http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-indifferent.gif

andy276
04-05-2007, 08:09 AM
http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/agreepost.gif why would altair go prone? to fire a sniper rifle? http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/35.gif