PDA

View Full Version : B17D armament issue?

Aaron_GT
11-04-2004, 03:56 AM
The B17D seems to have a number of guns mounted in the nose. As far as I know it only had a single .30 gun which could be moved from firing position to firing position. Are the multiple mounts in PF due to a limitation of the game engine to represent multiple firing positions for the same weapon requiring that all the positions have a weapon to obtain the possible total field of fire?

Secondly, I thought it was standard for the radio operator's position in the B17D to be fitted with a gun (the only one in the dorsal position on the plane).

Aaron_GT
11-04-2004, 03:56 AM
The B17D seems to have a number of guns mounted in the nose. As far as I know it only had a single .30 gun which could be moved from firing position to firing position. Are the multiple mounts in PF due to a limitation of the game engine to represent multiple firing positions for the same weapon requiring that all the positions have a weapon to obtain the possible total field of fire?

Secondly, I thought it was standard for the radio operator's position in the B17D to be fitted with a gun (the only one in the dorsal position on the plane).