PDA

View Full Version : Barking up the wrong tree

JRJacobs
06-09-2005, 09:43 AM
Barking up the wrong tree
Bark-bark, yip-yip, woof-woof all dogs bark differently, but it's all the same animal

Two weeks has been used so much it's a JOKE I use with my friends EVEN WHEN I'M NOT FLYING - nobody believes any timeline.

We were OFFICIALLY told a (edited)THERE was more planes and cockpits than could fit on 2 CDs
http://forums.ubi.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/26310365/m/3351082422/r/8571005422#8571005422
Oleg_Maddox
There will be just several skins from our beta testers. Even these where cutted due to lack of the space on 2CD PF. We even was need to remove several aircraft and couple of cockpits that to place all on these two CDs. , not delivered,

We were OFFICIALLY promised certain planes FLYABLE, not delivered

We were told OFFICIALLY a patch in January, not delivered

We were told OFFICIALLY Friday updates - apparently there are NO FRIDAYS in March, April, nor June on the Russian (1c) / French (UBI) calendars

We were told OFFICIALLY the patch was done, and being sent to UBI, let see... versions released in some markets before others (one game gets released in US weeks before the World, another gets release in Europe weeks before the US, a version being released to Russia but not the world)

Having flown this game and it's derivatives for five years or so I have been taught a few things
1) Nobody delivers anything on time AND rarely do they explain why a slip occurred (Windows 98 came out in 98 right? and we all got Longhorn in time for last Christmas right?)
2) Betas are unofficially leaked ALL THE TIME (Win95 was a beta for Win98, NVIDIA ALLWAYS unofficially releases betas and almost weekly)
3) Patches are IMPOSSIBLE to get in a timely manner - for a SIM that according to UBI doesn't have much market-share they must not be looking at the numbers of people D/L-ing these patches.

When you operate in a vacuum - you're going to get airheads or to put it another way if you treat EVERYONE like children, then don't be upset, when they act like kids.

I€m sorry about the bandwidth issue, I€ll make a belated donation to the car fund if it's still going but do NOT CHASTISE me because I have been conditioned by my experiences. I am responsible for my actions but UBI is responsible for my training.

you might agree, you might no, flame away - i've had my say and will say NOTHING more on this thread - thank you for the forum to rant on

JRJacobs
06-09-2005, 09:43 AM
Barking up the wrong tree
Bark-bark, yip-yip, woof-woof all dogs bark differently, but it's all the same animal

Two weeks has been used so much it's a JOKE I use with my friends EVEN WHEN I'M NOT FLYING - nobody believes any timeline.

We were OFFICIALLY told a (edited)THERE was more planes and cockpits than could fit on 2 CDs <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">http://forums.ubi.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/26310365/m/3351082422/r/8571005422#8571005422
Oleg_Maddox
There will be just several skins from our beta testers. Even these where cutted due to lack of the space on 2CD PF. We even was need to remove several aircraft and couple of cockpits that to place all on these two CDs. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>, not delivered,

We were OFFICIALLY promised certain planes FLYABLE, not delivered

We were told OFFICIALLY a patch in January, not delivered

We were told OFFICIALLY Friday updates - apparently there are NO FRIDAYS in March, April, nor June on the Russian (1c) / French (UBI) calendars

We were told OFFICIALLY the patch was done, and being sent to UBI, let see... versions released in some markets before others (one game gets released in US weeks before the World, another gets release in Europe weeks before the US, a version being released to Russia but not the world)

Having flown this game and it's derivatives for five years or so I have been taught a few things
1) Nobody delivers anything on time AND rarely do they explain why a slip occurred (Windows 98 came out in 98 right? and we all got Longhorn in time for last Christmas right?)
2) Betas are unofficially leaked ALL THE TIME (Win95 was a beta for Win98, NVIDIA ALLWAYS unofficially releases betas and almost weekly)
3) Patches are IMPOSSIBLE to get in a timely manner - for a SIM that according to UBI doesn't have much market-share they must not be looking at the numbers of people D/L-ing these patches.

When you operate in a vacuum - you're going to get airheads or to put it another way if you treat EVERYONE like children, then don't be upset, when they act like kids.

I€m sorry about the bandwidth issue, I€ll make a belated donation to the car fund if it's still going but do NOT CHASTISE me because I have been conditioned by my experiences. I am responsible for my actions but UBI is responsible for my training.

you might agree, you might no, flame away - i've had my say and will say NOTHING more on this thread - thank you for the forum to rant on

canucksledge
06-09-2005, 09:52 AM
Gosh there's a lot of naive people on this forum...

THERE IS NO PATCH COMING!

OLEG IS LAUGHING AT YOU!

STOP ASKING FOR A PATCH!

HE GOT YOUR MONEY ALREADY, AND IT'S BEEN 8 MONTHS!

Stop standing around waiting for that contractor to come finish your new kitchen cupboards. You foolishly paid him before the work was done, and now he's left for some sunny southern country in a Corvette with some hot emptyheaded blonde young enough to be his daughter...I saw him as I was pulling into the parking lot to pick up the patch, and I swear he was trailing dollar bills behind him as he tore out in the other direction...

Don't y'all get it?? We've been scammed! Learn from it...just don't pay for product again. I didn't say don't play it. Just don't pay for it...only way to deal with crooks is to play by their rules...

Von_Zero
06-09-2005, 10:48 AM
to get things straight:
there was no official announcement of any "3rd CD" this was only a rumor caused by some people that are apparently incapable of understanding a plain english text. Also the Betty is flyable in 4.0, so since now on, there is no reason for whining.

crazyivan1970
06-09-2005, 11:04 AM
Christ... http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif

Aero_Shodanjo
06-09-2005, 11:11 AM
SICK! http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_mad.gif

Dexmeister
06-09-2005, 11:18 AM
What bugs me the most is that there's still no way to raise the gear on the Stuka. I always need to take off, knock the landing gear off on a bridge, go on a bombing run and then bail in friendly territory, over water. What a pain!

The Stuka's landing gear must be on the 3rd CD, so hopefully in two weeks I'll be able to fly like everyone else - then WATCH OUT! http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/88.gif

spitzfiya
06-09-2005, 12:05 PM
http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/10.gif The Stuka's landing gear is not retractable.

But if breaking them off makes you go faster then everyone should do it!

http://www.2worldwar2.com/images/stuka.jpg

Dexmeister
06-09-2005, 02:02 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by spitzfiya:
http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/10.gif The Stuka's landing gear is not retractable.
</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

GET OUT OF HERE! Are you serious? All this time I thort I just hadn't properly assigned the myriad of landing gear (manual vs. automatic) bindings to my HOTASS? Sheesh, learn something new every day!

Asgeir_Strips
06-09-2005, 02:21 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by crazyivan1970:
Christ... http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

You know, i figure i'd say this to you since you have the email address to Oleg..

Why Didn't they Just produce the game on DVD's instead of CD's? It makes no sense..

The truth is (imo) isn't that grumman denied them to have any planes in the game.. I just think that Oleg And Co didn't have enough manpower to produce all those planes and skins before the "deadline" which is acceptable but i think its a little stupid saying that they ran out of space, when they could just make a dvd which is a lot cheaper. (compared to 2cd's pr Box)

And Since Oleg doesn't "import" much 3rd party addons (not as high standard as the ones that they make themselves) we didn't get the chance to experience any more planes and maps..

No this is not a bashing of any kind, just my thoughts.. i just wished oleg would tell us the whole truth,,

and i hope they'll release the game on a DVD cd next time.. (BoB) i would gladly spend my money on BoB as long as the AI is improved drastically (not hitting you with millimetre precision, will be affected by G-forces, Cant see through clouds etc..) and better campaigns, like dedicated campaings, ground pounder (p47-hurricane-bf110) fighter (spit-p47 before the mustang arrived in strenght,mustang-tempest-me109) Anti shipping (Ju-88, b25, etc) (carrier aviation) And all theatres (im talking about future addons for bob here) And the ability to command a squadron/wing, get higher rank like squadron commander/wing commander / coloner, when you can pick ground/air targets over a certain area over the front.. So you can kinda "plan" what you want to do instead of not knowing the next mission..

And ofcourse a historically campaign for those who want to experience that..

And about computing power, i would gladly upgrade it, (going to build a 64bit pc in august) as long as BoB or other games is worth the money..

This game/project has so much potential, if just oleg would be wise enought to exploit it to the fullest instead of delivering a 75% game...

rock on guys!

NAFP_supah
06-09-2005, 03:10 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by canucksledge:
Gosh there's a lot of naive people on this forum...

THERE IS NO PATCH COMING!

OLEG IS LAUGHING AT YOU!

STOP ASKING FOR A PATCH!

HE GOT YOUR MONEY ALREADY, AND IT'S BEEN 8 MONTHS!

Stop standing around waiting for that contractor to come finish your new kitchen cupboards. You foolishly paid him before the work was done, and now he's left for some sunny southern country in a Corvette with some hot emptyheaded blonde young enough to be his daughter...I saw him as I was pulling into the parking lot to pick up the patch, and I swear he was trailing dollar bills behind him as he tore out in the other direction...

Don't y'all get it?? We've been scammed! Learn from it...just don't pay for product again. I didn't say don't play it. Just don't pay for it...only way to deal with crooks is to play by their rules... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Ah so this leaked patch that does work, adds things like planes and a new FM is just a overly complicated ploy? Wow ..... dimwitt.

crazyivan1970
06-09-2005, 03:17 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">
You know, i figure i'd say this to you since you have the email address to Oleg..

Why Didn't they Just produce the game on DVD's instead of CD's? It makes no sense..
</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

It`s nice that you have DVD drive in your PC... but what about others that dont?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">
The truth is (imo) isn't that grumman denied them to have any planes in the game.. I just think that Oleg And Co didn't have enough manpower to produce all those planes and skins before the "deadline" which is acceptable but i think its a little stupid saying that they ran out of space, when they could just make a dvd which is a lot cheaper. (compared to 2cd's pr Box)
</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

You are not correct here. Legal issues is the real thing, but i will not discuss it.

And Since Oleg doesn't "import" much 3rd party addons (not as high standard as the ones that they make themselves) we didn't get the chance to experience any more planes and maps..
No this is not a bashing of any kind, just my thoughts.. i just wished oleg would tell us the whole truth,,

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

And why are you under impression that he`s lying to you?

and i hope they'll release the game on a DVD cd next time.. (BoB) i would gladly spend my money on BoB as long as the AI is improved drastically (not hitting you with millimetre precision, will be affected by G-forces, Cant see through clouds etc..) and better campaigns, like dedicated campaings, ground pounder (p47-hurricane-bf110) fighter (spit-p47 before the mustang arrived in strenght,mustang-tempest-me109) Anti shipping (Ju-88, b25, etc) (carrier aviation) And all theatres (im talking about future addons for bob here) And the ability to command a squadron/wing, get higher rank like squadron commander/wing commander / coloner, when you can pick ground/air targets over a certain area over the front.. So you can kinda "plan" what you want to do instead of not knowing the next mission..

And ofcourse a historically campaign for those who want to experience that..

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Just like yourself, i hope some of those wishes will come true.

And about computing power, i would gladly upgrade it, (going to build a 64bit pc in august) as long as BoB or other games is worth the money..
</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

It`s nice that you can afford expencive hardware, what about others?

This game/project has so much potential, if just oleg would be wise enought to exploit it to the fullest instead of delivering a 75% game...
</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

So... lets see: 4 years of constant updates and crapload of free stuff, including major overhaul of significant parts of the game. Free planes, maps...etc.
Well hey, looks like you are wiser then he is.. he sure as hell could use some competition.. are you up for it? http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/59.gif

JunkoIfurita
06-09-2005, 04:48 PM
Man, I admire your patience Ivan http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

I still can't believe I've been playing this game non-stop for two years. I mean, every other thing I've had a go at was over in 20-30 hours max.

Lets see, approximately $150 in two years, coupled with whatever money I chose to spend on hardware (well, it's a good excuse http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif). Oh yeah, I still fail to see how I'm being 'ripped off' here.

My squads still flying on 3.04 as of last night - and hey, still having an awesome time http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/25.gif

Although I have to say, these rumours of 'invisible' static runways in FMB for the custom creation of grass strips is intriguing. Must...know...more...

----

ElAurens
06-09-2005, 05:02 PM
Well said JunkoIfurita.

I've been at this thing since December of 2001. Best money I've ever spent on fun, ever. Version 3.04 works pretty well, is still a blast to fly, and will keep me happy till the real thing is available.

Be sure.

Yog_Shoggoth
06-09-2005, 05:18 PM
Are you all still waiting despite Oleg's saying it was ok to use 4.0? Wow. There's patience for ya. The Betty handles great. Much more forgiving then the Heinkle andstill has some snap to it. Easy to land, as well. Tends to nose over though.

JS312RAF
06-09-2005, 05:41 PM
i just hate those ungrateful folks.. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif
i wish that all those "still whiners and do nothing" try to do what Il2 team did and do.. u would probably stop doin everything 4 free VERY FAST.. insted of bein grateful u just whine all the time.. shame on u..
btw u would buy PF even if there were just 50% of what it includes, so stop that idiotic speeches about "u owe me this and this"..

Old_Canuck
06-09-2005, 09:07 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by JunkoIfurita:
Man, I admire your patience Ivan http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

I still can't believe I've been playing this game non-stop for two years. I mean, every other thing I've had a go at was over in 20-30 hours max.

Lets see, approximately $150 in two years, coupled with whatever money I chose to spend on hardware (well, it's a good excuse http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif). Oh yeah, I still fail to see how I'm being 'ripped off' here.

My squads still flying on 3.04 as of last night - and hey, still having an awesome time http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/25.gif

Although I have to say, these rumours of 'invisible' static runways in FMB for the custom creation of grass strips is intriguing. Must...know...more...

---- </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

So true, JunkoIfurita. Much has come and gone on my hard drive in the last few years but IL2 can stay as long as it wants. If it makes one a "fanboy" to recognize and support quality then go ahead and call me a fanboy.