PDA

View Full Version : Power slider=Mouse wheel problem

CRO_Adriatic
12-06-2005, 05:33 PM
Because pain in right shoulder from too much playing I switch joystick to left hand and power slider to mouse wheel...

Problem:

To turn from power 0 to 110 mouse wheel have to make 50 clicks... (or pass 20 Cm).

Is it somehow possible to make this shorter-to be able to pass through whole range of power with one length of finger..?

I already tried to change mouse sensitivity in windows, but it make changes only when watching in text files, also tried something in conf.ini without success.

I'm using simple 2 buttons+wheel mouse, Xp, 2 joystick. (one of them is like rudder)

Thanks for any help!

CRO_Adriatic
12-06-2005, 05:33 PM
Because pain in right shoulder from too much playing I switch joystick to left hand and power slider to mouse wheel...

Problem:

To turn from power 0 to 110 mouse wheel have to make 50 clicks... (or pass 20 Cm).

Is it somehow possible to make this shorter-to be able to pass through whole range of power with one length of finger..?

I already tried to change mouse sensitivity in windows, but it make changes only when watching in text files, also tried something in conf.ini without success.

I'm using simple 2 buttons+wheel mouse, Xp, 2 joystick. (one of them is like rudder)

Thanks for any help!

gkll
12-07-2005, 12:24 AM
my experience has been that you need a mouse that allows 'accelerated scrolling' in windows setup. So for example, I use a microsoft laser mouse, and load the software for the mouse. This allows me to set 'accelerating scrolling' in the mouse setup screens. What this does in the game - move the wheel quickly, and even a small movement will go from 0-100% or 100-0% power almost instantly. If you move the wheel slow you can get 1% increments as you want. Works well. So look for software specific to your mouse (the base windows software does not have this feature I believe...) or look for a different make.

CRO_Adriatic
12-07-2005, 01:55 PM
Thanks!