PDA

View Full Version : MIND THAT PATCH

pomak249
11-19-2004, 11:40 AM
Guys,

I made the almost fatal error of installing the big patches before the new .exe's (I have standalone and mixed) - big mistake here!!

I suffered untold system lock-ups, failed mission and landscape loads and had to install through 'safe mode' to stop the .exe d/l locking up my pc for no apparent reason.

However I now appear to have everything back in order after running and re-booting several times. I really wish this had have been highlighted before I d/l the patches and before the readme was available. Cant we have the readme available in the zip file seperately in future??

Oh! i've lost the VAL single mission - it comes up NULL 'mission failed to load', anyone else post patch??

POMAK

pomak249
11-19-2004, 11:40 AM
Guys,

I made the almost fatal error of installing the big patches before the new .exe's (I have standalone and mixed) - big mistake here!!

I suffered untold system lock-ups, failed mission and landscape loads and had to install through 'safe mode' to stop the .exe d/l locking up my pc for no apparent reason.

However I now appear to have everything back in order after running and re-booting several times. I really wish this had have been highlighted before I d/l the patches and before the readme was available. Cant we have the readme available in the zip file seperately in future??

Oh! i've lost the VAL single mission - it comes up NULL 'mission failed to load', anyone else post patch??

POMAK

JG52Uther
11-19-2004, 12:12 PM
?? seemed quite straight forward to me