PDA

View Full Version : Preventing the data hub from being destroyed?

kingmustard69
12-27-2006, 11:15 PM
I can't stop the bloody terrorist data hub from being destroyed! I've put the spare man everywhere whilst I've been on the turret, up top, against boxes, the lot!

Can anyone help?

kingmustard69
12-27-2006, 11:15 PM
I can't stop the bloody terrorist data hub from being destroyed! I've put the spare man everywhere whilst I've been on the turret, up top, against boxes, the lot!

Can anyone help?

KungFu_CIA
12-27-2006, 11:24 PM
Smoke and incendiary grenades are your friends in this stand off.

Position Mike to the left of the stage if you are facing seats. Jung will hack the computer and you should position yourself against the crate NEXT TO the turret. This gives you two fire sectors to repel the invaders who will try and charge up the seating isles toward the orchestra pit.

Throw smoke into the first two roes and take out the Tangos on the balconies. Then as the smoke fades, toss another one directly in front of Jung and by this time there should be a few stragglers left. Pick them off using thermals, or you can even send Mike down into the isle to pick them off.

Once Jung is done hacking, climb to the ladder on your LEFT side of the stage (if facing the seats). Many people don't know how to continue on because there is no objective market pointing to the ladder and it only reappears once you get into the lighting rafters.

kingmustard69
12-27-2006, 11:27 PM
I have no smoke grenades :/ Any ideas?

germ1234
12-28-2006, 12:35 AM
in the dressing room behind the stage there is a supply point. stock up on nades there...oh and pick out high powered, high precision rifles

NaturalBornGoth
12-28-2006, 04:55 AM
The best place to win that situation without using any grenades or vision modes is behind the black box left of the data hub, close to the edge of the stage (you'll have the satellite dish in front you, providing some cover). From there you can take out the tangos as soon as they show up, without giving them so much as a chance of firing at the hub.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by KungFu_CIA:
Many people don't know how to continue on because there is no objective market pointing to the ladder and it only reappears once you get into the lighting rafters. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Well, if you listen to your teammates after the firefight you can hear one of them say that "we can use the ladder to go the top". The ladder also shows up on the map, so that's a big hint too. With a little situational awareness knowing what to do next really shouldn't be a problem at that point. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif<div class="ev_tpc_signature">

http://img167.exs.cx/img167/6611/freakyeyes6cb.jpg

dawudman
12-28-2006, 09:37 AM
I, too, was stuck on this level for a long, long, LONG time! I tried just about everything except the most obvious... there is a machine gun on box to the right of the hub. Position your "helper" behind the tall computer type box to the left and back slightly of the hub.

Wait for the guys to show up in the balconies first... use short bursts of the machine gun to knock 'em off and then start concentrating on the seats. Take these guys out as accurately with as few short bursts as you can and keep reloading the gun 50 bullets or less or so. I used 3-4 reloads to get it done and did so in first try (yippee!). You will get hit a few times and go RED but keep firing into the smoke clouds, reloading and firing and you should be just fine. Remember the "crashing" sound... this indicates tangos rappelling from the ceiling... aim at them still on the ropes if possible as they seem to be somewhat more aggressive than the stragglers. (this is kinda like a duck shoot actually)

Should only take a couple of minutes. Climb the ladder... but look out for the tangos upstairs and any remaining in the theatre... I got taken out on the gangway from some sort of grenade... maybe a glitch... let your boys take out the remaining tangos on the way out...

Enjoy the next cut scene... been there many times... very, very well done!

Dawudman

Twix_CR0
12-28-2006, 11:02 AM
I found using the PSG-1 was the best way along with all the other tips. IMO this is the best gun to use.