PDA

View Full Version : No landing

Mking25
07-14-2008, 04:32 AM
Its that realy ?

No landing on aircraft base, or aircraft carrier ?

sorry for my english

Mfg MIke

Mking25
07-14-2008, 04:32 AM
Its that realy ?

No landing on aircraft base, or aircraft carrier ?

sorry for my english

Mfg MIke

lothamroth288
07-29-2008, 09:53 PM
I hope it's not true http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_razz.gif

viiiper2006
08-03-2008, 03:46 PM
Like they say in the Dev Diaries ....
"You have to be ready to pay the price" http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/88.gif

Another joke plz....

Blimp CAM
No Takeoff & landing ?

Plz say this is all a dream... can Ubi get the target so wrong ?

OldSnakeWontDie
08-06-2008, 04:28 PM
Seriously, take-off and landing are some of the best parts in flying sims.

ezerb
08-24-2008, 11:44 PM
who cares its a flying game u shouldnt be worryed about landing you should be worryed about the gamplay

RubyParatrooper
08-25-2008, 04:08 AM
I slightly agree but i do find that it helps improve your skill if you can take off and land well on games like Blazing Angels. BUT i am not particuarly bothered if Ubi tick all the other boxes.

LexKaziDelfos
08-25-2008, 07:49 AM
I've expressed alot that I would rather this to be close to a SIM and nor arcade. It's no SIM without TO/L, and if it goes that road this game is started to disappoint me. I've been looking for modern air combat games so much, all the games are either about 1 plane only, which are normally american planes, or they totally suck.

Best I've found so far is LOMAC, still is already outdated and doesn't give me much choice...

please give me EF2000 and Tornados, and Rafales, and don't even think about making it arcade! Ubi might disappoint the majority of the PC people waiting for this game.

Xx_RTEK_xX
08-25-2008, 12:00 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ezerb:
who cares its a flying game u shouldnt be worryed about landing you should be worryed about the gamplay </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Any pilot who has flown for the Navy, Marines or Air Force will tell you, the hardest and most critical part of any mission, is landing and taking off. Especially on Carriers.

You could fly a perfect mission with no mistakes and screw it all up with a bad landing. You could blow an entire mission by failing to take off from the ground. It's happened many times through out history.

If this game really doesn't have the ability to land or take off as part of the game, then that is just really sad. One of the greatest things about flying games is getting to take off and land. Any of you ever try to land the F-35B on an aircraft carrier on Over G Fighters? That's some fun **** to do right there. Any of you ever try to land on a carrier period in a flying game? That some hard, fun stuff right there.

The best part about flying games, in my opinion is the challenge. The harder the challenge the better. It's like these Romanians who are making this game don't understand the meaning of the word challenge. They want to spoon feed us everything. ERS, Assistance, Blimp view, no landings, no take offs. One of their reasons for the blimp view was so you could see your plane and do things that you couldn't do from inside the cockpit, because the cockpit restricts you from seeing those types of maneuvers.

It's just ridiculous.

demon_racer74
08-27-2008, 04:33 AM
Who really knows if there's landing & T/O....

ezerb
08-29-2008, 06:43 PM
listen its an air combat game not a take off and land game OK and the point of the game is to shoot down airplane and complete missions

MOAMarksman
09-03-2008, 08:48 AM
No landing in a Fighter Jet Sim is like no reloading in Rainbow Six...

Getting tiered of UBI Soft plastering their product with the Clancy name when they don't deliver what made the Clancy genre popular in the first place.

No doubt people will still buy, enjoy the game, Then trade it in three weeks later for $5.00... that's all good. But to me, a new blimp view and some updated graphics just isn't worth $70.

~Bolt Actions Speak Louder Than Words~

EvlMidniteBmbr
09-06-2008, 12:06 PM
So It's been made plainly evident that none of you ever played or heard of Aero Elite for the PS2! THAT was a fantastic flight sim. It had enough sim in it to make it challenging ie. take offs ,landings (on land and on a carrier), formation flying, intercepts (if it was in the game you had to intercept it), UFO chases, and Scrambles( You start in a hanger, have to taxi to the threshold and take off and intercept something. it was always different). It also had enough arcade in it to make it simple to play. everything the plane did had a button on the PS2 controller. Aero Elite was, is and forever will be the benchmark for a modern combat flight sim. And I've been a simmer since Microsoft Flight sim 4 (can anyone say 1988). If H.A.W.X. can meet those criteria and beat them then I will most certianly buy it. But if all we;re gonna get is a rehashed flashy Air Combat I'm gonna pass!

jepoy05
09-06-2008, 12:33 PM
First of all, the most important thing in an aircraft game like this, is there should be a take off gameplay and landing gameplay.... Without those stuff this game is whack.... I hope there's a take off and landing everytime you play this game.... http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_cool.gif

Tomcatter61
09-07-2008, 10:41 AM
Let's just put it like this: sim or arcade, taking off is one of the most fun parts of the flight; landing is one of the most satisfying.

Taking off is fun because you're trucking down the runway with the throttle all the way forward, pressed back in the seat and getting that aircraft off the ground and into the sky - where it was meant to be. And that's just a takeoff from a runway. The cat shot, while we don't get the true experience of being slammed back in the seat and going from zero to flying speed in about 2 seconds, is still an opportunity for fun.

Landing is satisfying because, let's face it - it's most often the hardest part of the flight. You have to have the skills and judgment to take your bird and bring it into contact with the ground - without killing yourself. And if you want to talk about serious skill and judgment, try bringing a hunk of metal down onto another hunk of metal in the middle of the ocean, using a hook and wire to stop yourself. I don't see it getting any more rewarding than that - except maybe doing it at night.

T/O's and landing should be in the game for fun factor. How else are we going to do a low transition?

MrRandom004
09-07-2008, 11:08 AM
Also what's more adrenaline rushing than having to land in the middle of a battle, that really puts your skills to the limit

Ira777br
09-09-2008, 12:36 PM
I hope they implement TOs and Landings, think about novalogic's f-16 mrf game, less than 5 minutes after take off, you will be fighting enemys(really battlefront airbases) or you takeof and a "timejump" bring you close to enemy(when in far away AB) ... devs could make this way... and if you complete the mission objectives, you have the option to fly to landing(really near airbase or "timejump" to far away AB) or just end the successful mission...

EDIT: maybe we could choose in the options menu, if we want takeof and landings or just starts on the air... to online, i dont know... maybe the game lobby menu could have the same options to choose before the match starts...

T4tty T3ddy
09-10-2008, 06:27 AM
I definitely agree that whether its a sim or arcade game they should have TO/L as it is very fun and satisfying! They could even have you landing mid battle to reload ammo and refuel! Also mid air refuels are a must for precision and skill! Matching the speed of the tanker and keeping it steady is awesome!

LexKaziDelfos
09-15-2008, 08:18 AM
Well it's clearly seen that most of the players want TO/L, including me, and I hope they make the efforts for it. Read this Ubi!

SPEEDY-RED
09-15-2008, 02:44 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ezerb:
who cares its a flying game u shouldnt be worryed about landing you should be worryed about the gamplay </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

um, i think that landing and taking off, if it were in the game, would be considered as gameplay, that is if they do it right

Xx_RTEK_xX
09-16-2008, 07:39 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by SPEEDY-RED:

um, i think that landing and taking off, if it were in the game, would be considered as gameplay, that is if they do it right </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I agree with RED. Landing and taking off are important to gameplay. If ezerb doesn't want to take off or land, then I'm sure they'll have an EASY button available for him to use to skip the L/TO parts of the game like OGF/AC6 have. Personally I hate using the easy way out, I love to land and take off before and after missions. It's all part of the experience.

pacific_breeze
10-03-2008, 05:51 PM
I asked this particular question as well to GKane in Q&A thread and I actually expect a little more action before taking off the aircraft i.e. to see people loading the missiles, fueling, and we as the first or third person hop on to the aircraft and see the canopy closes and we can also hear the jet starts etc. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/winky.gif

Just to feel the environment aside from going on the fast pace action. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Mig-29
10-05-2008, 08:30 PM
Okay guys I found this video on Youtube. There are two things I noticed.

1- Doesn't seem like there is a take-off at all.
FF to 0:30 and you will notice that after the loading sequence the mission starts off while the plane is airborne.

2-The other thing I noticed is that at the beginning of the video somewhere around 0:08, the aircraft selection screen is present and the user is scrolling through the various aircraft. There is a rating beside each airplane and a bar chart underneath. I couldn't figure out what the values were.

http://ca.youtube.com/watch?v=oL7hrZoY714

instranium
10-05-2008, 10:16 PM
Bonjour tout le monde

Pour être sur que les developpeurs (et surtout les décisionnaires) prennent en compte ce message, je l'écris dans 3 langues.

Au nom de tous les anglo-franco-roumains passionnés par les avions de chasse (on est une masse de gens de tous les ages), je vous prie de considérer notre demande d'avoir des décollages et des atterrissages. C'est le minimum nécessaire pour les passionnés d'accrocher à ce jeu (ET DE L'ACHETER!!). Je vous remercie en avance !!!

Buna ziua tutror,

Pentru a fi sigur ca developerii (si mai ales decizionarri) iau in consideratie acest mesaj, il scriu in 3 limbi.
In numele tuturor anglo-franco-romanilor pasionati de avioanele de vanatoare (suntem o gramada de oameni de toate varstele), va rog sa luati in consideratie cererea noastra de a avea posibilitatea de a decola si ateriza. Este minimul necesar pentru cei pasionati sa adereze la acest joc (SI SA-L CUMPERE!!). Va multumes in avans !!!

Hello everyone,

To be sure that UBISOFT developers (and especially the decision makers) pay attention to this message, I'll write it in 3 languages.
In the name of every passionated English-French-Romanian of war aircrafts (we are a bunch of people of any age), PLEASE consider giving us the possibility to take-off and land. This is the minimum for us to play this game (AND TO BUY IT!!!). Thank you in advance !!

Jixx.er
10-06-2008, 12:14 PM
Ok, You have got to be ****ting me... Ill tell you what right fricking now... If this game does not have Take off and Land Capabilities its going to be super lame and get super old super fast... Thus I wont buy it. Simple as that. TO/L in the game or its going to be another lost title in a heap of **** games.

instranium
10-07-2008, 09:31 PM
Any officials here ? http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif