PDA

View Full Version : Effects of the Apple on Ezio.

TheMusingMoose
05-26-2011, 12:23 PM
A number of us, myself included, are worried about Ezio's age, and how he can still move like a 20 year old at 50. Then it occured to me, if Altair had the Apple, and it made him live a long time, then why could it have effected Ezio in much the same way? It could have made him stronger, nimbler, and/or quicker in addition to making him live longer.

Thoughts? Comments?

TheMusingMoose
05-26-2011, 12:23 PM
A number of us, myself included, are worried about Ezio's age, and how he can still move like a 20 year old at 50. Then it occured to me, if Altair had the Apple, and it made him live a long time, then why could it have effected Ezio in much the same way? It could have made him stronger, nimbler, and/or quicker in addition to making him live longer.

Thoughts? Comments?

iN3krO
05-26-2011, 12:29 PM
Al-muhalin didn't have this effects so i doubt altair and ezio did :O

TheMusingMoose
05-26-2011, 12:32 PM
Al Mualim only had the apple for a couple of weeks. Ezio and Altair had it for years.

CRUDFACE
05-26-2011, 12:34 PM
No, because, well, there are some reasons for this

-Ezio didn't have the apple all that time, remember? He only help onto it like three or four times his whole life before he hid it away.

-It's only function seems to only give orders

-I think the POE associated with life is the shroud, and maybe the staff since Rodrigo somehow sucked away the life force of all those priests

TheMusingMoose
05-26-2011, 12:37 PM
I was pretty sure it said that the apple made Altair live longer in the codex.... http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_frown.gif

Actually, quite a bit of time passed between Ezio's fourth acquisition of the apple, and when he locked it under the Colosseum.

Oatkeeper
05-26-2011, 01:07 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by JonnyQuickShot:
I was pretty sure it said that the apple made Altair live longer in the codex.... http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_frown.gif

Actually, quite a bit of time passed between Ezio's fourth acquisition of the apple, and when he locked it under the Colosseum. </div></BLOCKQUOTE> it doesnt, a lot of people misinterpret part of the codex and think he made himself immortal.

TheMusingMoose
05-26-2011, 01:21 PM
I know he didn't become immortal, but I still think his life was extended... I will have to check and make sure. I didn't "Misinterpret" it.

Abeonis
05-26-2011, 01:27 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by JonnyQuickShot:
I know he didn't become immortal, but I still think his life was extended... I will have to check and make sure. I didn't "Misinterpret" it. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I guess you're technically correct, you didn't misinterperet anything... like most people, you're reading something that isn't there. To quote the final Codex page:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">
And so I have begun to wonder might there not be a way to stop or at least delay death's embrace? Surely the ones who came before were not so frail and feeble as we. But I have sworn to be done with the artifact. To not gaze into its core. Still: faced as I am with the prospect of my end, what harm is there in one last look...
</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Nothing there says he actually extended his life at all, only contemplated it. Those lines also suggest that merely possessing the Apple does not affect your lifespan.

AMuppetMatt
05-26-2011, 01:48 PM
Try other codex pages. I'm pretty sure earlier on he comments on an unusually long life. Can't remember off the top of my head though

TheMusingMoose
05-26-2011, 02:04 PM
"Could these figures be the same person their life extended and transformed by a Piece of Eden?" -11th codex page.

So it's POSSIBLE to say that Ezio's life could be altered/extended by the Piece of Eden.

Abeonis
05-26-2011, 02:24 PM
"Could these figures be the same person their life extended and transformed by a Piece of Eden?" -11th codex page.

So it's POSSIBLE to say that Ezio's life could be altered/extended by the Piece of Eden. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

"Could" being the keyword... still nothing to suggest a single Piece of Eden extends ones lifespan, let alone the Apple. Before you point it out, the Shroud doesn't extend life, it merely brings back one from death.

TheMusingMoose
05-26-2011, 03:47 PM
I understand that. And I wasn't going to point out the Shroud. I was merely staying that my theory is POSSIBLE with AC canon.

Matheus96
05-26-2011, 06:18 PM
It IS heavily implied that Altair somehow made himself immortal ( in some way, maybe not physicaly).. go search for the teaser trailer for AC revelations.. Altair appears in it in the middle of a ton of Renaisscence (can't spell) templar elite warrior, like a vision.. probaly caused by the apple of eden, so it's possible that he passed his memories and life onto the apple since it's funticon is to give knowledge, impose will over people and kill..just go watch the trailer

phil.llllll
05-26-2011, 06:34 PM
I don't think the apple has anything to do with Ezio running around at 50. It's not like it's totally impossible anyway.

In the codex Altair contemplates the possibilities of the POE's life extending capabilities, citing possible examples from history (see codex 11) and in the last codex page seems to say that he's going to have a go at it himself.

I always took this as a further hint at the extreme similarities between Desmond and his two ancestors.

DarthEzio55
05-26-2011, 06:37 PM

Thoughts? Comments? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Couldn't you also say that it depletes life as well. For example, in Brotherhood, when Ezio uses the apple to long. It depletes his health. So you could say that when you have the apple for large amounts of times, that you can die much quicker.

souNdwAve89
05-26-2011, 07:06 PM
It's speculation, but maybe to has to do with Altair's bloodline? There were talks of how there was interbreeding with Those Who Came Before and humans. Adam and Eve is an example, so there is a chance that Altair's bloodline are direct descendants of them.

Like I said, this is just a theory that many AC fans have. Besides, Ezio has been working A LOT during his years by running around, fighting, and staying in shape. Maybe he is just super healthy? lol

Abeonis
05-26-2011, 07:13 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Matheus96:
It IS heavily implied that Altair somehow made himself immortal ( in some way, maybe not physicaly).. go search for the teaser trailer for AC revelations.. Altair appears in it in the middle of a ton of Renaisscence (can't spell) templar elite warrior, like a vision.. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

No, it's not implied at all. Also, the image of Altair amongst Renaissance-era guards is likely a result of one of the 'seals' he has left behind... nothing to suggest the Apple is involved, especially since, at this point, it is locked away in the Santa Maria Ara Coeli Vault.

phil.llllll
05-26-2011, 07:25 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Abeonis:
No, it's not implied at all. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Immortal... no (going by ACB this isn't even possible). But it is implied (in the codex) that he used the POE to extend his life.

souNdwAve89
05-26-2011, 10:24 PM
It isn't implied that he used the Piece of Eden to extend/immortalize his life. He mentioned it since he didn't want to die yet, but it's all speculation at this point.

phil.llllll
05-26-2011, 10:36 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by souNdwAve89:
It isn't implied that he used the Piece of Eden to extend/immortalize his life. He mentioned it since he didn't want to die yet, but it's all speculation at this point. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

It was implied that he was going to. And I believe it's strongly hinted at that he did.

Abeonis
05-27-2011, 05:33 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by phil.llllll:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by souNdwAve89:
It isn't implied that he used the Piece of Eden to extend/immortalize his life. He mentioned it since he didn't want to die yet, but it's all speculation at this point. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

It was implied that he was going to. And I believe it's strongly hinted at that he did. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I'm getting sick of having to repeat myself time after time... It's not.

ShaneO7K
05-27-2011, 05:43 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Abeonis:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by phil.llllll:

It was implied that he was going to. And I believe it's strongly hinted at that he did. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I'm getting sick of having to repeat myself time after time... It's not. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Put it like this, we don't know what he meant and hopefully we will get more of a look into it in ACR.

Zrvan
05-27-2011, 07:00 AM
I doubt Ezio's badass grandpa act is a result of extended apple handling. It could be -- it granted al-Mualim control over minds, and Cesare visions of the future. We don't know the extent of its capabilities.

What I find far more likely, is that his ability to still free-run into his fifties is likely a result of his assassin genes. Man can blink his eyes and tell friend from foe right through disguises, and leap from 150 m in the air to a safe landing in a bale of hay. I expect his ability to still free-run with the punk kids of the Order is a result of his not-exactly-humanness.

This is supported by the start of Brotherhood -- Mario, despite being Ezio's elder by far, has no difficulty at all parkouring his way across Il Vaticano.

Bruno_Berg
05-27-2011, 10:04 AM
What if being able to lock away parts of his life in seals is the extension of his life?

Just a thought I had although I haven't seen any implication that he somehow extended his life either, like some of you are saying http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

NanoKitty
05-27-2011, 11:51 AM
Come on. 50 isn't that old to be free running around - not for someone who has been so athletic his entire life. I know people older than that who - thanks to their life-long martial arts training - are still incredibly flexible, strong, and quick. Young people these days .... http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif

NORTHBOERN1
05-27-2011, 12:19 PM
Just like the "one ring".

masterfenix2009
05-27-2011, 12:22 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Bruno_Berg:
What if being able to lock away parts of his life in seals is the extension of his life?

Just a thought I had although I haven't seen any implication that he somehow extended his life either, like some of you are saying http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Harry potter much?

phil.llllll
05-27-2011, 12:50 PM
I'm getting sick of having to repeat myself time after time... It's not. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Did you even read the codex pages in AC2? It was very much implied.

Abeonis
05-27-2011, 12:57 PM

Did you even read the codex pages in AC2? It was very much implied. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yes I did, and no, it's not. All that's said is that he wonders what the harm would be...

phil.llllll
05-27-2011, 01:04 PM
Yes I did, and no, it's not. All that's said is that he wonders what the harm would be... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Each codex page had a central theme if you will. Codex 30 was obviously Altair contemplating his end (which he thought was near) and possibly ways to delay his death.

It was quite clearly implied at the end of it, that he was going to take another look into it.

Black_Widow9
05-27-2011, 01:32 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by NanoKitty:
Come on. 50 isn't that old to be free running around - not for someone who has been so athletic his entire life. I know people older than that who - thanks to their life-long martial arts training - are still incredibly flexible, strong, and quick. Young people these days .... http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
I completely agree with this. Jackie Chan is a young 57. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-wink.gif

phil.llllll
05-27-2011, 01:38 PM
Yeah I don't understand either. Out of all the crazy stuff in the AC series, that fact that Ezio is still running around at fifty is the one that gets to some people?