PDA

View Full Version : Aces' Artwork : The future

Aces_High_2
02-13-2005, 02:09 AM
Hi guys,

As some of you might have noticed I've been a bit quiet on the website and artwork fronts lately. I was intending for there to be more versions of IL2-MAT Manager this year but have found it very difficult to maintain my interest in the game and therefore my interest in my allied projects such as IL2-MAT Manager. I never have really gotten into PF which remains a theatre that doesn't hold much interest for me.

When I started out with the original IL-2 game I flew offline but the campaign was so poor that I joined an online squad and had much fun flying with them. On the whole I enjoy flying against AI and a good offline campaign is closer to my interests but, IMO, FB doesn't cater for this at least not to the level of immersion that I seek.

IL2-MAT Manager was an outlet for my interests in trying to enhance the games' un-historic markings and I hope that it has given pleasure to those that use it. Yesterday I un-installed the game from both my development and gaming computers as I no loger enjoy flying online or offline with it. I have chosen to seperate from my online squad and I've gotten back into enjoying flying Rowan/BDG's BoB offline which has, IMO, stronger immersion and fun and better suits my interests.

I will keep the website running at least until the time comes to renew the domain name in a few months time but I don't anticipate that I shall be developing any future versions of IL2-MAT Manager or my other IL-2 related artwork. I shall check by the website from time to time to answer any enquiries releating to my work or please drop me an e-mail and I'll do my best to answer.

Best Regards

Aces

Aces_High_2
02-13-2005, 02:09 AM
Hi guys,

As some of you might have noticed I've been a bit quiet on the website and artwork fronts lately. I was intending for there to be more versions of IL2-MAT Manager this year but have found it very difficult to maintain my interest in the game and therefore my interest in my allied projects such as IL2-MAT Manager. I never have really gotten into PF which remains a theatre that doesn't hold much interest for me.

When I started out with the original IL-2 game I flew offline but the campaign was so poor that I joined an online squad and had much fun flying with them. On the whole I enjoy flying against AI and a good offline campaign is closer to my interests but, IMO, FB doesn't cater for this at least not to the level of immersion that I seek.

IL2-MAT Manager was an outlet for my interests in trying to enhance the games' un-historic markings and I hope that it has given pleasure to those that use it. Yesterday I un-installed the game from both my development and gaming computers as I no loger enjoy flying online or offline with it. I have chosen to seperate from my online squad and I've gotten back into enjoying flying Rowan/BDG's BoB offline which has, IMO, stronger immersion and fun and better suits my interests.

I will keep the website running at least until the time comes to renew the domain name in a few months time but I don't anticipate that I shall be developing any future versions of IL2-MAT Manager or my other IL-2 related artwork. I shall check by the website from time to time to answer any enquiries releating to my work or please drop me an e-mail and I'll do my best to answer.

Best Regards

Aces

Badsight.
02-13-2005, 02:43 AM
OH WOW ! , big deal news . . . . http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-sad.gif

first of all . . . . . big Big BIG Thank You for your Mat Manager program , its Ace

as in really http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/11.gif

& you got the new BoB 2 coming out soon Aces , hope its even more of what your after http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/25.gif. So no more heart attacks from me now Aces http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Texas LongHorn
02-13-2005, 04:46 AM
Dang Aces, I don't know what to say. Your vision in enhancing the game engine is extraordinary. I wish I has some such skills. Whatever the outcome, I do want to personally thank for all the hours I've spent pouring over your downloads with PhotoShop!!!! That's an inside joke for those who have no idea what I'm talking about <ggg.> All the best of luck to you and yours, LongHorn

moksha
02-13-2005, 03:34 PM
Aces/Leigh,
IMO MAT/MAT manager were fantastic, before I used them the native game markings spoilt inumerable screenies!
Thanks and thanks again-will miss the updates etc on yr site and wish you well!

S!

woofiedog
02-20-2005, 03:43 AM
http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-sad.gifVery Sad to see you go Ace's!
You gave us a Great Program that add's so much more to IL-2.
I hope you the Very Best... drop by to tell us how things are going.
Take it Easy Ace's

actionhank1786
02-20-2005, 12:41 PM
sad to see you go aces, but thanks for all the hard work to make this game an even better game!
Your markings keep me from cringing every time i look at the markings on a plane, because they no longer look like German Airplane Sticker Markings
I wish you the best