PDA

View Full Version : Suggestion for BoB:Dynamic Campaign design.

KSS_Shrike_UK
10-06-2004, 04:46 AM
Consider this...
Realtime War...
An way to make a dynamic campaign not too unlike what falcon4 had, would be to allow the repair of aircraft. Like in the Rally car games, you could have a pitstop like function when you land, to assign time for your ground crew to fix individual parts of your plane, the penalty is of course how long your prepared to wait for each part to be fixed, which is determined by yourself as to which parts you want fixed, if not all, before you beleive yourself to be combat ready, a nice to have would be a realtime pitstop where you can see the parts of plane being fixed, and interrupt at any time to take off in a scramble situation. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Ground Attack improvements...
Dynamic campaign could possibly be like a combination of DF and Co-op, where players my Join the map halfway through. also, the ground targets, vehicles, tanks, etc.. could be set to spawn from factories (whilst the factories are still functional) and be set to roll towards front line, engaging ground targets on the way, thus pushing the front line back if successfully winning the ground offensive. kinda like Command and Conquer RTS games.
I am sure that AI could be programmed to automatically work a way around obstacles to get to and go past front line without the need for extensive mission designers waypoints.

I have a lot more ideas, however wont give anymore unless i get some kinda feedback, i have tried to get feedback before on previous suggestions or what would be in BoB but there seems no replies from UBI or 1C:Maddox.

KSS_Shrike_UK
10-06-2004, 04:46 AM
Consider this...
Realtime War...
An way to make a dynamic campaign not too unlike what falcon4 had, would be to allow the repair of aircraft. Like in the Rally car games, you could have a pitstop like function when you land, to assign time for your ground crew to fix individual parts of your plane, the penalty is of course how long your prepared to wait for each part to be fixed, which is determined by yourself as to which parts you want fixed, if not all, before you beleive yourself to be combat ready, a nice to have would be a realtime pitstop where you can see the parts of plane being fixed, and interrupt at any time to take off in a scramble situation. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Ground Attack improvements...
Dynamic campaign could possibly be like a combination of DF and Co-op, where players my Join the map halfway through. also, the ground targets, vehicles, tanks, etc.. could be set to spawn from factories (whilst the factories are still functional) and be set to roll towards front line, engaging ground targets on the way, thus pushing the front line back if successfully winning the ground offensive. kinda like Command and Conquer RTS games.
I am sure that AI could be programmed to automatically work a way around obstacles to get to and go past front line without the need for extensive mission designers waypoints.

I have a lot more ideas, however wont give anymore unless i get some kinda feedback, i have tried to get feedback before on previous suggestions or what would be in BoB but there seems no replies from UBI or 1C:Maddox.