PDA

View Full Version : Can it compete with the Ace Combat Series?

hangtime8705
04-04-2008, 09:35 PM
I don't know about you guys but I've been a big fan of Namco's Ace Combat franchise. I'm not one of those fan boys who says I want ultra-realism. If I wanted that I would've joined the Air Force. LOL. Anyways, back on topic, do you guys think that HAWX will even manage to get to the level of popularity that the Ace Combat series achieved. Personally, I'm hoping for a more realistic and interesting storyline than the Ace Combat games. Whadaya think?

hangtime8705
04-04-2008, 09:35 PM
I don't know about you guys but I've been a big fan of Namco's Ace Combat franchise. I'm not one of those fan boys who says I want ultra-realism. If I wanted that I would've joined the Air Force. LOL. Anyways, back on topic, do you guys think that HAWX will even manage to get to the level of popularity that the Ace Combat series achieved. Personally, I'm hoping for a more realistic and interesting storyline than the Ace Combat games. Whadaya think?

CrazySunDog
04-04-2008, 10:44 PM
ive played a couple AC games, and from an arcade game (not simulator) perspective it was fun!! I couldn't stand the story in them tho, and the big japanese flying ships that spawned their own fighters.... ughhhhhhh

Anyway, Im sure that with the TomClancy title we can expect the same depth of realism we saw in the GRAW games. note: I'm not saying GRAW was high in realism, but it does have more than other shooters.

I should also say that the teaser audio/video compilation has my hopes up... very realistic dialogue.

Brettzies
04-04-2008, 11:58 PM
I don't mind the arcade feel of AC6 but I'd like to see a little more realism in the weapons loadouts and ammo counts. Of course, that might make the missions low on action, so... who knows.

Seems like they can do it though. If you're flying a CAP mission maybe you have full Air Air loadouts and plane, 6-8 missles plus guns. Strike or air-to-ground missions perhaps two AA missiles for defense with different AG loadouts from Mavericks to JDAMS. I guess it all depends on what they are going for. I'm thinking it will be more like 100+ missiles for a single plane.

capteenix
04-05-2008, 04:43 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Brettzies:
I don't mind the arcade feel of AC6 but I'd like to see a little more realism in the weapons loadouts and ammo counts. Of course, that might make the missions low on action, so... who knows.

Seems like they can do it though. If you're flying a CAP mission maybe you have full Air Air loadouts and plane, 6-8 missles plus guns. Strike or air-to-ground missions perhaps two AA missiles for defense with different AG loadouts from Mavericks to JDAMS. I guess it all depends on what they are going for. I'm thinking it will be more like 100+ missiles for a single plane. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

This is TOm Clancy for gods sake. If you take Tom Clancy and make it another Ace Combat game, then there's no point to even have Tom Clancy's slapped on a game. Then it is just H.A.W.X, not Tom Clancy's H.A.W.X

CrazySunDog
04-05-2008, 07:33 AM
Yeah, if this game has unrealistic weapons count, I will be passing on it. I'm hoping that the enemies are really good, and you've got to make your ammo count. Also, I'm sure the friendly AI will take instructions as well..

PvtSkwerl
04-05-2008, 11:48 AM
you forgot a very important point, you live in an age where "Tom Clancy's Cooking Mama" is a very likely scenario. So Tom Clancy's over the top arcade game? LIKELY!

xxsteepxx
04-05-2008, 01:27 PM
As a Flight game enthusiast, I really look forward to one from the Tom Clancy team, not as competition, but in addition to Ace Combat 6.

I'm sure the quality will be 1st class and as realistic as the XBOX 360 technology will allow while at the same time provide quality online game play. My concern is that if there is too much detail, like a flight simulator, then online game play may suffer from "lag".

They also need to include the use of the Flight Stick that we bought with Ace Combat 6.

Livi70590
04-05-2008, 01:45 PM
If it's got a return line, fine.

Vth_F_Smith_
04-05-2008, 02:47 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by hangtime8705:
Personally, I'm hoping for a more realistic and interesting storyline than the Ace Combat games. Whadaya think? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>Couldn't have said it better AND if I might add, I also didn't like the flying aircraft carriers in AC6. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/25.gif

Xx_RTEK_xX
04-05-2008, 03:19 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by hangtime8705:
I don't know about you guys but I've been a big fan of Namco's Ace Combat franchise. I'm not one of those fan boys who says I want ultra-realism. If I wanted that I would've joined the Air Force. LOL. Anyways, back on topic, do you guys think that HAWX will even manage to get to the level of popularity that the Ace Combat series achieved. Personally, I'm hoping for a more realistic and interesting storyline than the Ace Combat games. Whadaya think? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hell yeah it can, no not compete, but blow the Ace Combat Series out of the water.

Ace Combat sucks. It's too damn arcade. As long as this game stays away from arcade gameplay, and magically reappearing missles, then HAWX will own AC.

I hope Ubisoft sticks to the formula from Over G, just as long as they revamp the graphics 10fold, and increase the amount of 3D objects on the ground. Ubisoft, don't leave us with painted images on the ground. It only takes away the sense of speed when flying at low altitudes.

Lain-DA
04-05-2008, 03:53 PM
Games are suposs to be fun, not real...of course realistic games take attention of a lot fo people, like me....but i really donĀ“t care if this game is going to be popular as Ace Combat (never played this one), just for being a Tom Clancy game, for me is all that matter..cause im a huge fan of Tom Clancy series.

Just want see this one on the list for WCG.

Brettzies
04-05-2008, 04:11 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by capteenix:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Brettzies:

Seems like they can do it though. If you're flying a CAP mission maybe you have full Air Air loadouts and plane, 6-8 missles plus guns. Strike or air-to-ground missions perhaps two AA missiles for defense with different AG loadouts from Mavericks to JDAMS. I guess it all depends on what they are going for. I'm thinking it will be more like 100+ missiles for a single plane. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

This is TOm Clancy for gods sake. If you take Tom Clancy and make it another Ace Combat game, then there's no point to even have Tom Clancy's slapped on a game. Then it is just H.A.W.X, not Tom Clancy's H.A.W.X </div></BLOCKQUOTE>Maybe you've been hybernating for the past few years but the Tom Clancy name doesn't mean much since Lockdown and GRAW came out in the realism departement. You would think it would, but it just doesn't anymore. Sorry, I just don't have faith this will be too realistic. I'm not clamouring for simulation, but I would like to see more elements.

I'm really worried about the flight model too. In the demo of Blazing Angles I played you didn't roll and pull your nose to make turns, you just turned and the plane never went past about 45 degree roll. You could roll with a special button, but it's not the same feeling of flying...very lame. I only mention this because...who's making the game...the team behind the Blazing Angles games.

Livi70590
04-30-2008, 04:37 PM
I'm really worried about the flight model too. In the demo of Blazing Angles I played you didn't roll and pull your nose to make turns, you just turned and the plane never went past about 45 degree roll. You could roll with a special button, but it's not the same feeling of flying...very lame. I only mention this because...who's making the game...the team behind the Blazing Angles games. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Maybe that's just because of the time setting?

PvtSkwerl
05-01-2008, 12:48 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Vth_F_Smith_:
Personally, I'm hoping for a more realistic and interesting storyline than the Ace Combat games. Whadaya think? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>Couldn't have said it better AND if I might add, I also didn't like the flying aircraft carriers in AC6. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/25.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
I like my oversized flying carriers, macross jet ripoff, psychotic mercenary teammate who tried to understand the border by nuking it. Go dance with the angels mister!

Keplager
05-01-2008, 05:29 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by capteenix:

This is TOm Clancy for gods sake. If you take Tom Clancy and make it another Ace Combat game, then there's no point to even have Tom Clancy's slapped on a game. Then it is just H.A.W.X, not Tom Clancy's H.A.W.X </div></BLOCKQUOTE>Maybe you've been hybernating for the past few years but the Tom Clancy name doesn't mean much since Lockdown and GRAW came out in the realism departement. You would think it would, but it just doesn't anymore. Sorry, I just don't have faith this will be too realistic. I'm not clamouring for simulation, but I would like to see more elements.

I'm really worried about the flight model too. In the demo of Blazing Angles I played you didn't roll and pull your nose to make turns, you just turned and the plane never went past about 45 degree roll. You could roll with a special button, but it's not the same feeling of flying...very lame. I only mention this because...who's making the game...the team behind the Blazing Angles games. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

thats not true actually m8, in blazing angels you could switch cockpit views and set your controller to incorporate roll controls. Almost the same way you had to do that in OGF. Plus, Ubisoft Romania did Silent Hunter 4 the moist realistic sub sim out he market soo...

If I were me(which I amhttp://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif) I would be more worried about the flight models of the missiles than the aircraft. In OGF, the AMRAAMs were useless whereas in real life they are very hard to dodge at all. Plus, IR guided missiles do not appear on the threat detection system so they do not sound an alert like active radar guided missiles do. Plus, we all want a Ladar system to replace Radar...

Vth_F_Smith_
05-01-2008, 06:05 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by PvtSkwerl:
Go dance with the angels mister! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>I'd rather go hunt like a hawk because that's actually another element I didn't like about AC6. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/shady.gif

At first the "Dance with the angels" slogan sound cool, but they've been using it far too much throughout the entire game, so at the end it became rather annoying (at least to me and it takes a lot to really annoy me). http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_frown.gif

Keplager
05-01-2008, 10:10 AM
same here, fighter pilots using the phrase once in a while sounds cool, but once little kids start saying stuff, you know it has gotten lame...

Campinassassin
05-01-2008, 01:36 PM
If this game ends up being something close to OGF then i will be very satified with the game.

Silver-Hawk-Red
05-02-2008, 04:01 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by netflame5:

thats not true actually m8, in blazing angels you could switch cockpit views and set your controller to incorporate roll controls. Almost the same way you had to do that in OGF. Plus, Ubisoft Romania did Silent Hunter 4 the moist realistic sub sim out he market soo...

If I were me(which I amhttp://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif) I would be more worried about the flight models of the missiles than the aircraft. In OGF, the AMRAAMs were useless whereas in real life they are very hard to dodge at all. Plus, IR guided missiles do not appear on the threat detection system so they do not sound an alert like active radar guided missiles do. Plus, we all want a Ladar system to replace Radar... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

The RWR would still pick up the enemy fighter's Tracking Radar Mode and warn the pilot of the threat, once the IR Missile is fired, the pilot will know from what angle and what distance and allow him to manuever to avoid the attack. As well as the EWWS deploying the needed amount of Flares to spoof the incoming missile. (The EWWS will automatically activate the moment the RWR tracks a terminal signal command from enemy forces.)

maxpontiac
05-05-2008, 09:40 PM
Personally, I don't want it to compete with Ace Combat.

Ace Combat is a game in which I really hope HAWX does not compete with.

Tom Clancy's games tend to feel more realistic, and I hope this game follow's suit.

Enough of the arcade style flight games already.

Blademanx2008
05-21-2008, 04:52 AM
Well if your talking real Tom clancy game that make big headlines that was the first Rainbow Six. Even Raven Shield and Athena Sword for PC were you got shot twice and you were dead and out of the story line. I really liked those games. It was something Counter Strike players couldnt get to grips with.

But the new Gen of games such as vegas 2 and graw are very different. THats why they gave you different settings to meet your needs. Lets face it on Realistic you get smacked with a shotgun clean your dead. Theyve done a good job with their games. People need to stop whinging.

HAWX will be no diff you have to cater for every side of the audience. And if the hardcore folk dont like it then tough. Because Tom Clancy name means it will definitely sell just about enough to be a decent hit depending on the game content.

All we had is a bit of info and a trailer no need for people to start complaining already.

rafynoly
05-26-2008, 03:25 PM
I don't know about you guys but I've been a big fan of Namco's Ace Combat franchise. I'm not one of those fan boys who says I want ultra-realism. If I wanted that I would've joined the Air Force. LOL. Anyways, back on topic, do you guys think that HAWX will even manage to get to the level of popularity that the Ace Combat series achieved. Personally, I'm hoping for a more realistic and interesting storyline than the Ace Combat games. Whadaya think? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Many of us can't join to the US Air Force. For that reason we want realism for feel like in real situation.