PDA

View Full Version : DO you want assassins creed or skyward sword to win game of the year?

Darth_Donald
12-09-2011, 07:41 PM
http://www.g4tv.com/vgdm/best-...s-zeldaskywardsword/ (http://www.g4tv.com/vgdm/best-game-2011/vote/210/assassinscreedrevelations-vs-zeldaskywardsword/)
please make your vote.. we must win.

kriegerdesgottes
12-09-2011, 07:45 PM
Already voted AC. Nothing against Zelda but AC is cooler, there I said it.

E-Zekiel
12-09-2011, 07:51 PM
Motion control in the Zelda series infuriates me, despite being an avid fan. May not get the new title as a result.

rileypoole1234
12-09-2011, 07:57 PM
Originally posted by kriegerdesgotte:

Agreed.

NewBlade200
12-09-2011, 07:59 PM
I'd like ACR to win, but I haven't played Zelda so I cant make the choice.

Agentbarto
12-09-2011, 08:06 PM
That's a tough cookie to crack. I've been a Zelda fan for so long now, and though I like the AC series, I think Zelda deserves game of the year though; AC:R wasn't really up to the standards of a Game of the Year release. IMHO

gamertam
12-09-2011, 10:48 PM
I will only vote if the match up is too closed to call: neck-n-neck within each others. If i do vote, it's because of the combine strength of AC2, Brotherhood and Assassin's Creed 1.

(why didn't Assassin's Creed 2 won the overall Game of the Year is beyond reasons i can't imagine) Uncharted 2 if i remember right takes that honor.

YuurHeen
12-10-2011, 01:19 AM
never been a fan of zelda and i do believe acr being the best of this year mainly because the rest all had a lot of dissapointments.

Rakudaton
12-10-2011, 03:39 AM
*ahem* SKYRIM *ahem*

http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/blush.gif

OK, well, out of AC and Skyward Sword it's got to be AC. Much as I adore the Zelda series, Assassin's Creed is just a different league of awesome.

eagleforlife1
12-10-2011, 04:14 AM
Apparently my vote hasn't been counted and I can't retry despite it asking me to http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_frown.gif.

blazefp
12-10-2011, 10:26 AM
Originally posted by rileypoole1234:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by kriegerdesgotte:

Agreed. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

me too. But I would rather want the finals to be Skyrim vs ACR

RzaRecta357
12-10-2011, 10:48 AM
Totally voted for AC.

Also, Skyrim is good but not GOTY worthy. Pretty much just oblivion with fallouts perks and updated graphics.

After two elder scrolls and 2 fallouts it doesn't have that bang anymore. Especially with all the ways you can exploit smithing or enchanting and break the game. Destruction magic also sucks compared to everything else.

Haha, sheesh. Damn game gets me going all the time!

SupremeCaptain
12-10-2011, 10:57 AM
Revelations? GOTY?

... HAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHA. Oh come on, you can't actually be serious XD

You only want it to be GOTY because it's an AC game. Simple.

AC1, AC2 and Brotherhood are worthy of GOTY, yeah, but certainly not Revelations.

Il_Divo
12-10-2011, 11:21 AM
My GOTY so far is either Deus Ex or Arkham City. I won't have played Skyward Sword yet, so I can't really comment on that.

Animuses
12-10-2011, 12:27 PM
Originally posted by SupremeCaptain:
Revelations? GOTY?

Argeed. Where is Skryim and Arkham City?

AC2 was the only AC deserving of a GOTY award, maybe AC1.

How the hell did Uncharted 2 beat out AC2? Uncharted 2 was the same exact game as Uncharted except it was way over the top in action and it had a weaker story. Gameplay wise, it was the same except for ruining blind fire and a few stealth moves.

RzaRecta357
12-10-2011, 12:43 PM
Opinions differ. Lots of people thought the writing was excellent with Uncharted 2.

SupremeCaptain hates ACR yet most people love it.

I think it's the best AC since 1. But that's just me.

Skyrim doesn't deserve GOTY because it's incredibly dumbed down compared to previous installments with fallouts perk system thrown into the mix.

I think Batman was friggin excellent. The story rocked. Portal 2 was also excellent story wise. Both are far more deserving than ACR or Skyrim.

Animuses
12-10-2011, 01:10 PM
Originally posted by RzaRecta357:
SupremeCaptain hates ACR yet most people love it.
I wouldn't say most people love it. Love is too strong of a word.

Skyrim doesn't deserve GOTY because it's incredibly dumbed down compared to previous installments with fallouts perk system thrown into the mix.

I think Batman was friggin excellent. The story rocked. Portal 2 was also excellent story wise. Both are far more deserving than ACR or Skyrim.
How the hell could I forget about Portal 2? That definitely deserves GOTY.

About Skyrim, I was just going off the feedback. I didn't even get the game yet.

fyiByas
12-10-2011, 01:22 PM
Originally posted by SupremeCaptain:
Revelations? GOTY?

AC1, AC2 and Brotherhood are worthy of GOTY, yeah, but certainly not Revelations.

Yeah I agree.

SolidSage
12-10-2011, 01:28 PM
I LOVE AC and ACR is excellent evolution, so GOTY for me. Arkham City was great but the city gets tiny fast and it just doesn't do for me what Creed does, it feels more plastic whereas Creed is just emoting realness all over the place.

AC is what I hoped Zelda would become after Ocarina, but it stayed cartoony kid play, whivh is cool, but ACR is for big boys.

Serrachio
12-10-2011, 02:22 PM
ACR was too weak a title this installment for me to consider voting for it.

Yeah, the story was better from ACB, but lots of the other parts to it wasn't.

Im not going to vote for it on the premise of it being Game of the Year, because it doesn't deserve it, and I'm not going to vote for it out of an obligation, because then it wouldn't be Game of the Year, it would just be "Franchise of the Year".

ProdiGurl
12-10-2011, 02:27 PM
Originally posted by SolidSage:
I LOVE AC and ACR is excellent evolution, so GOTY for me. Arkham City was great but the city gets tiny fast and it just doesn't do for me what Creed does, it feels more plastic whereas Creed is just emoting realness all over the place.

AC is what I hoped Zelda would become after Ocarina, but it stayed cartoony kid play, whivh is cool, but ACR is for big boys.

I'd of been alot more interested in Zelda if it moved away from the cartoonish graphics.
In that way, I think I'm spoiled with the new games. I'm so amazed at what they can do anymore.

AC got my vote too - I loved & appreciated the gameplay (w/ the new upgrades & features), fun & overall experience. & what a Soundtrack.

I can see why others may not want to vote for it, but to me, I truly do like it that much esp. when it's Ezio's finale.

Rakudaton
12-10-2011, 03:20 PM
Also, Skyrim is good but not GOTY worthy. Pretty much just oblivion with fallouts perks and updated graphics.

Um, yeah, totally.

... except, you know, how they made a completely new engine from scratch just for Skyrim? How they've added a ridiculous amount of new stuff? How Oblivion is one of the best games of all time in the first place?

I cannot take you seriously. Revelations is much closer to Brotherhood than Skyrim is to Oblivion. Much, much, much closer. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif

Will_Lucky
12-10-2011, 08:08 PM
Originally posted by Rakudaton:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by RzaRecta357:

made a completely new engine from scratch http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Incorrect, the Creation Engine was a heavily modified Oblivion Engine which in turn was a heavily modified Morrowind Engine. In other words Skyrim is still using the same foundation Morrowind did.

rileypoole1234
12-10-2011, 09:03 PM
There's too much AC hating on this thread http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/51.gif. Yet, in my honest opinion, ACR is just not a GOTY type game. To me, GOTY just doesn't seem right for any AC game. Just not the right category. Just doesn't seem right to me, But I don't know why. If I could pick, Uncharted 3 would win GOTY.