PDA

View Full Version : Shao Jun

ozinosky
12-07-2011, 04:42 PM
i watch the embers a moment ago and i sign up to just say this to you ubisoft!

? DONT WANNA PLAY A F******NG G?RL!!

SleezeRocker
12-07-2011, 04:48 PM
'WHO' says you're playing as a woman?

ps- LOCKDOWN!

D.I.D.
12-07-2011, 04:49 PM
I do, been wanting this for ages.

I just hope they can handle doing a female character who is admirable without having to resort to Maxim Magazine's brand of sex appeal.

Assassin_M
12-07-2011, 04:50 PM
I`v never seen so much crap come out of just one mouth..

S-EVANS
12-07-2011, 05:02 PM
I dont much like getting involved in these threads because i dont like placing myself into a position where i suspect it ends badly...

but female gamers are forced to play as male characters, im sure they would prefer a female counterpart. Maybe the development team are perhaps opening the gates for users to choose which type of gender they wish to use ?

DavisP92
12-07-2011, 05:09 PM
okay so Shao Jun is not related to Desmond so we won't be playing as her. And imo i'd only prefer to play as my gender, so Ubisoft should make a character creation so that everyone can play as who they want. :P

SleezeRocker
12-07-2011, 05:31 PM
Originally posted by Pdavis3:
Ubisoft should make a character creation so that everyone can play as who they want. :P

You know, that makes me think: what if Ubisoft made a game where...'similiar" to Discover your Legacy App from Failbook, what if the game was "processing" our DNA and point us to an "ancestor" and play the game though that?

Like say put new game: Ethnicity (Caucasian, hispanic, African/American,Native etc...), Region (US,Canada,England, russia etc..) and we can "build" our character thorugh there and bam we get a preset name character/assassin.

Eh but it's way easier said than done -_-

D.I.D.
12-07-2011, 05:32 PM
Originally posted by Pdavis3:
okay so Shao Jun is not related to Desmond so we won't be playing as her. And imo i'd only prefer to play as my gender, so Ubisoft should make a character creation so that everyone can play as who they want. :P

There's a strong chance Shao Jun's being foreshadowed for AC4 so she'll have some kind of legendary appeal by then.

I think it's a real shame that male is the default and that so often when I see this topic discussed, many people will only accept the idea of a female character as an option. I can kind of understand it with things like GTA because those games are parodies of gangster movies and none of the classics have a female protagonist, but for AC there's no reason not to do it. A lot of games players rejected AC1 because they didn't want to play as a Muslim, so I hope Ubisoft still have the guts to do this properly when the time comes.

UrDeviant1
12-07-2011, 05:38 PM
Going on the basis of people preferring to play as their own gender, Id say Ubisoft would P'off the majority of AC fans by making the main character a female.

LightRey
12-07-2011, 05:58 PM
Originally posted by UrDeviant1:
Going on the basis of people preferring to play as their own gender, Id say Ubisoft would P'off the majority of AC fans by making the main character a female.
I'm actually not so sure that is the case. I hear lots of people actually don't really care.

Bipolar Matt
12-07-2011, 05:58 PM
I would not be opposed to playing as a female assassin at all. However, I honestly still think there would be backlash against it by certain groups of people over having a female character involved in so many violent situations. Some people are really old-fashioned like that and Ubi may just not want to court that kind of controversy.

I understand there have been a handful of famous female video game characters: Samus Aran and Lara Croft, for instance. It's not quite the same as Assassin's Creed, though.

S-EVANS
12-07-2011, 06:16 PM
wow lara croft (come on even if your a male gamer) someone tell me you honestly didnt enjoy lara croft despite being male ?

LightRey
12-07-2011, 06:19 PM
Originally posted by S-EVANS:
wow lara croft (come on even if your a male gamer) someone tell me you honestly didnt enjoy lara croft despite being male ?
Males enjoy Lara Croft for a different reason. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/winky.gif

UrDeviant1
12-07-2011, 06:20 PM
Originally posted by S-EVANS:

Yeah, she had a great set of pins.

SleezeRocker
12-07-2011, 06:21 PM
Personally I don't think Lara Croft is hot...
hell I think Caterina Sforza (ACB) is prettier than Lara http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/blink.gif

OculusRed
12-07-2011, 06:31 PM
Originally posted by UrDeviant1:
Going on the basis of people preferring to play as their own gender, Id say Ubisoft would P'off the majority of AC fans by making the main character a female. I think majority is more than a little bit of an exageration. Most people either don't care or are actually curious about playing a female protagonist.

I for one would applaud them for such a move.

ozinosky
12-07-2011, 06:57 PM
We love&play female game characters like mirrors edge-tomb raider,but they are just mirrors edge&tomb raider!!
i hope ubi make vote for shao jun.or just female assassin in future AC games.