PDA

View Full Version : Getting online with IL2:1946

AWL_Spinner
12-19-2009, 10:29 AM
Ok, so new install and I've been out of the game for a while so bear with me.

IL2FB.exe has read and serve access through the Firewall.

I am using Hyperlobby as a browser.

If I fire up a game, IL2 starts up and just sits there with the "connecting to server" message until it times out. These are servers that report they are compatible with me (4.09m official) and aren't full.

Do I have to open a particular port somewhere for IL2?

Also, what's an acceptable ping these days? The last time I was playing was in the UK on DSL and I used to get a terrific ping, now I'm on cable in Western Canada and it seems to be lousy - is there a cut-off before a server won't accept the connection?

AWL_Spinner
12-19-2009, 10:29 AM
Ok, so new install and I've been out of the game for a while so bear with me.

IL2FB.exe has read and serve access through the Firewall.

I am using Hyperlobby as a browser.

If I fire up a game, IL2 starts up and just sits there with the "connecting to server" message until it times out. These are servers that report they are compatible with me (4.09m official) and aren't full.

Do I have to open a particular port somewhere for IL2?

Also, what's an acceptable ping these days? The last time I was playing was in the UK on DSL and I used to get a terrific ping, now I'm on cable in Western Canada and it seems to be lousy - is there a cut-off before a server won't accept the connection?

AWL_Spinner
12-19-2009, 11:05 AM
Ok, ignore me, fixed by turning off ZoneAlarm (individual port selection was a bit of a hassle) and allowing Windows Firewall to take the reigns (which asked once about IL2FB and then had no further issues).

Able to connect, ping around 130 which seems acceptable looking at the range of other player's figures. Was <100 in my last location to most servers on the same continent, but this seems more than playable.

So all good, nothing to see here, move along http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif