PDA

View Full Version : Changing perspective question

Morrison411
08-03-2010, 05:36 PM
I have tried to change the vantage point while in the command room and conning tower. I have been able to change to another perspective by clicking on the helmsman when in the command room, and I can turn around and face the navigator. However, I have seen screen shots from other skippers from the corner of the command room aft facing the bow & looking at the back of the navigator & helmsman instead of at him or the lateral default view. I have clicked the mouse @ various points on the screen, but to no avail. Just curious-and again many Thank You's to everyone for their input in the past.

Morrison411
08-03-2010, 05:36 PM
I have tried to change the vantage point while in the command room and conning tower. I have been able to change to another perspective by clicking on the helmsman when in the command room, and I can turn around and face the navigator. However, I have seen screen shots from other skippers from the corner of the command room aft facing the bow & looking at the back of the navigator & helmsman instead of at him or the lateral default view. I have clicked the mouse @ various points on the screen, but to no avail. Just curious-and again many Thank You's to everyone for their input in the past.

cmdrmoosicvs
08-03-2010, 05:44 PM
Morrison, use the arrow keys to move around which ever location your at (bridge, control room, conning tower) same as using the free-cam. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-wink.gif

Morrison411
08-03-2010, 06:06 PM
Thanks for the help, cmdr.-I just tried that & played with the keys. He only moves his head up/down left/right. I'm familiar with using the arrow keys w/the free view. Is there a free view for the interior? The free-view command is only for viewing your boat from the outside moving away, right? I apologize if it's just not clicking with me-I have SH3, and while remaining in the command room, I can click aft & cap't will change positions, looking from afar @ the crew on the dive planes.

WernherVonTrapp
08-04-2010, 02:16 AM
I haven't played the Stock version for quite some time and don't recall if you can move around with the freecam. I believe most, if not all, of the mods allow you to do this. The way to know for sure (in Stock) is to go to the sonar station and "right click" on your mouse. If you end up in the conning tower, try to pan around with the arrow keys. If you can't, then you don't have that capability in the Stock Version.

tenakakhan_1981
08-04-2010, 10:52 AM
There are a number of mods that do free up the camera though as I recall, one of them is a module of the Pacific Environment Mod which you should be able to enable on it's own to allow you to free roam!

Morrison411
08-04-2010, 01:38 PM
Hey everyone-I just wanted to say Thanks for all of the suggestions. I found a mod called Real Fleet Boat 1.5, and I'm going to give it try. Thanks for leading me in the right direction, everyone.

Gidgiddoni84
08-04-2010, 01:45 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Morrison411:
Hey everyone-I just wanted to say Thanks for all of the suggestions. I found a mod called Real Fleet Boat 1.5, and I'm going to give it try. Thanks for leading me in the right direction, everyone. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Niche gamers, we look after our own. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif