PDA

View Full Version : Type VII surfaces in Reykyavik

JohnKB1968
06-24-2005, 07:44 PM
A 'modified' screenshot of blue.76 (WWII sub flak engaging new millennium passenger plane, see Com. Creatives - Humorous SH3 pics) reminded me of a report by CNN a few weeks ago.

It was reported that during the START negotiations (strategic arms reduction talks) Mr. Gorbatchov and Mr. Reagan were celebrating achievements in an Icelandic bar in Reykyavic. The were consuming bourbon and vodka and were getting pretty blasted. "To be blunt, Gorbatchov mummers, "our subs can be submerged for half a year without the need for surfacing". Reagan smiles and replies "your KGB is not working properly for you boosting like that, OUR subs can be submerged for a year without the need for surfacing". When the couple gaze into their glasses contemplating the issues just said, a vintage WWII submarine (a type VII to be precise) enters the surface in the bay of Reykyavic. The forward hatch opens, a long-bearded German officer steps out, yelling: "HH, wo ist die n√¬§chste Tankstelle?" ("God save the Queen, where is the Diesel pump?")

"Ik val aan, volg mij"
(Schout-bij-nacht Karel Doorman)

P.S. I was blasted too this evening, thus this report on the holy SH3 forum. Whatever, may many thanks to the devs at UBI for buidling an excellent subsim! My life is partially obsessed with it. First-rate.

JohnKB1968
06-24-2005, 07:44 PM
A 'modified' screenshot of blue.76 (WWII sub flak engaging new millennium passenger plane, see Com. Creatives - Humorous SH3 pics) reminded me of a report by CNN a few weeks ago.

It was reported that during the START negotiations (strategic arms reduction talks) Mr. Gorbatchov and Mr. Reagan were celebrating achievements in an Icelandic bar in Reykyavic. The were consuming bourbon and vodka and were getting pretty blasted. "To be blunt, Gorbatchov mummers, "our subs can be submerged for half a year without the need for surfacing". Reagan smiles and replies "your KGB is not working properly for you boosting like that, OUR subs can be submerged for a year without the need for surfacing". When the couple gaze into their glasses contemplating the issues just said, a vintage WWII submarine (a type VII to be precise) enters the surface in the bay of Reykyavic. The forward hatch opens, a long-bearded German officer steps out, yelling: "HH, wo ist die n√¬§chste Tankstelle?" ("God save the Queen, where is the Diesel pump?")

"Ik val aan, volg mij"
(Schout-bij-nacht Karel Doorman)

P.S. I was blasted too this evening, thus this report on the holy SH3 forum. Whatever, may many thanks to the devs at UBI for buidling an excellent subsim! My life is partially obsessed with it. First-rate.