PDA

View Full Version : Multiplayer Bots

Jackass_2009
05-05-2011, 08:57 PM
First off, hello. I am new to this forum. The Assassin's Creed games are my favorite series of games. Ever.
Now, on to business. I have only played a few Multiplayer matches, and I really enjoyed them. Problem is, whenever I try to play now, no one else in the world, or at least that I can connect to, is playing. I got to thinking, because no one is online playing, would it be so hard for Ubisoft to make a mode with multiplayer bots, similar to Call of Duty's "Combat Training"? I think this is a good idea personally, as both Lag and Absence of Players can affect a game's multiplayer. A private bots mode could combat both of these factors.
So, what I'm asking is, do you think this is a good idea? If so, would you like to see it implemented? Please discuss.

Jackass_2009
05-05-2011, 08:57 PM
First off, hello. I am new to this forum. The Assassin's Creed games are my favorite series of games. Ever.
Now, on to business. I have only played a few Multiplayer matches, and I really enjoyed them. Problem is, whenever I try to play now, no one else in the world, or at least that I can connect to, is playing. I got to thinking, because no one is online playing, would it be so hard for Ubisoft to make a mode with multiplayer bots, similar to Call of Duty's "Combat Training"? I think this is a good idea personally, as both Lag and Absence of Players can affect a game's multiplayer. A private bots mode could combat both of these factors.
So, what I'm asking is, do you think this is a good idea? If so, would you like to see it implemented? Please discuss.

E-Zekiel
05-05-2011, 09:00 PM
I certainly wouldn't complain. Even some thing so little as a toggle for the slow-downs in the tutorial....

xCr0wnedNorris
05-05-2011, 09:01 PM
Welcome to the Forums! http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-wink.gif

They already have something like that, it's the tutourial session. Although the bots there are kind of... easy... It'd be nice if they implemented something of that sort, it'd be good for testing out certain game mechanics, or potential tricks.

SleezeRocker
05-05-2011, 09:02 PM
Im in favor of this!
There are some times where I'd like to play the online games...but offline you know?

So if ACR can have bots for offline play im game!

JTS_812
05-05-2011, 09:06 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by SleezeRocker:
Im in favor of this!
There are some times where I'd like to play the online games...but offline you know?

So if ACR can have bots for offline play im game! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Yeah, I like that idea. I just wouldn't want them to start mixing in bots with real people.

Assassinsyk
05-06-2011, 02:40 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by lx_Reafer_xl:
Interesting idea.
The only problem would be the A.I.
I mean, the way ACMP works really rellies on human intelect to keep it fairly balanced.
Although, I suppose if they could program the computer to mimic human playstyle well enough (including common errors such as releasing abilities slighty late), it could work.

Also, if they ever do do this, they ought to throw in a difficulty changer.
1 being easiest and maybe 10 being uber pro. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

This shouldn´t be that much trouble with the A I, they can just make them like the Borgia captains in SP. One is paranoid and runs, one will fight to the death, one will hide etc. Just with about five dozens different variables.

So awesome.

metalgearso1971
05-06-2011, 02:59 AM
Now this is a great idea indeed. I'd love this really http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Starsfan1009
05-06-2011, 03:12 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> My Playstation brings all the hackers to the yard, and they´re like: Lolz tnx 4 uR cR3dit cARd. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/88.gif http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/88.gif http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/88.gif

Now, for the topic at hand...

I think the idea of having an A.I. training session similar to COD would be nice where you can play offline, but obviously it's a little more difficult to set the A.I. parameters with so much at a player's disposal. There are so many abilities and so many pathways and so many options for a player to choose from that it would be extremely tedious for a team to design a computer to mimick a player. They do well with chases such as with the guards in single player, but you have nobody stalking you. They just chase you which is a set pattern of movements.

NEW CONCEPT: They need to have Templar agents trying to assassinate us in the game. Perhaps during some downtime with a non-urgent mission? It would be similar to those random gangs that would attack you during ACB single player...except it would be one person and they would be very hard to discover and kill. HOWEVER, this would all depend on the A.I. they could create. Otherwise it won't work at all.

Assassinsyk
05-06-2011, 04:07 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Starsfan1009:

NEW CONCEPT: They need to have Templar agents trying to assassinate us in the game. Perhaps during some downtime with a non-urgent mission? It would be similar to those random gangs that would attack you during ACB single player...except it would be one person and they would be very hard to discover and kill. HOWEVER, this would all depend on the A.I. they could create. Otherwise it won't work at all. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I really like this.

Also, more mission ish things, like kill the VIP, only he is protected and with so-so many guards etc. Your team is to enter without being seen/caught/killed by guards, and are to assassinate the VIP and get back out. Or something.

Could also be played alone, offline. Like the training simulator in ACB, but huge and totally customizable and increasing difficulty. Drool.

Starsfan1009
05-06-2011, 05:45 AM
Yeah, definitely want to see some "infiltrate, gather info, kill/extract, escape" missions that are hard to complete and that you actually have to utilize your brotherhood in specific ways (we've done some of that already, I know). I just want it to be more challenging (let's face it...those Papal Guards were a joke. The only ones I had trouble with were the speedy little jerks that would knife you in the back when you had to escape without killing a guard for 100% sync).

Jackass_2009
05-06-2011, 05:47 PM
I am really enjoying the positive feedback, guys, thanks. That stuff about killing a VIP, Infiltration Missions, etc. all sound awesome. I'm hoping an Assassin's Creed developer is reading some of this.

obliviondoll
05-08-2011, 08:57 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Starsfan1009:
NEW CONCEPT: They need to have Templar agents trying to assassinate us in the game. Perhaps during some downtime with a non-urgent mission? It would be similar to those random gangs that would attack you during ACB single player...except it would be one person and they would be very hard to discover and kill. HOWEVER, this would all depend on the A.I. they could create. Otherwise it won't work at all. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Additional suggestion:

Make this happen only when you're at one extreme or the other of notoriety - if you're at nothing, it's the "if we kill him silently now, nobody will notice he's gone" moment. If you're notorious they're going for you because you're drawing too much attention.

Maybe have some kind of "you are being hunted" warning, then you have a limited amount of time to identify the hunter. If you don't they get a stealth attack that does a ridiculous amount of damage before you can draw your weapon.

EDIT: @OP - I'd like them to add bots if they can make ones which do the game justice.

Would be pretty difficult though.

Starsfan1009
05-08-2011, 08:58 AM
Sounds perfect the way you put it.