PDA

View Full Version : Can't hear dialogue

Quindaka
06-16-2008, 04:30 PM
Hi,
I just bought and loaded the game. Everything seemed okay at first. I finished the tutorial and started the game. I can hear quite clearly the background music, but no dialogue. Admittedly I only made it through the first few bits (jumping over the pit and killing the first guard). But when I get to the bottom of the ladders and tried to attack the guard I was unsuccessful and he killed me. It appeared that he was trying to talk to me, but I couldn't hear it. Like I said I can hear the background music just fine. Has anyone else encountered this problem? If so is there a solution?
Thanks
Quindaka

Quindaka
06-16-2008, 04:30 PM
Hi,
I just bought and loaded the game. Everything seemed okay at first. I finished the tutorial and started the game. I can hear quite clearly the background music, but no dialogue. Admittedly I only made it through the first few bits (jumping over the pit and killing the first guard). But when I get to the bottom of the ladders and tried to attack the guard I was unsuccessful and he killed me. It appeared that he was trying to talk to me, but I couldn't hear it. Like I said I can hear the background music just fine. Has anyone else encountered this problem? If so is there a solution?
Thanks
Quindaka

killzone08085
06-18-2008, 11:54 AM
im guessing u have good speakers to just like me. the game has terrible support for audio drivers. Ill give you a set of directions that will allow you to hear the voices but warning they will be off by like 10-15 seconds. And im guessing u have sound max hd audio rofl just like me and everyone else. anyway enough of my ranting here r the directions.

directions:
1)start
2)run
3)type mmsys.cpl and hit ok
4)click the audio tab(the third one in on the top)
5)under the sound playback tab click advanced
6)this should bring up an advanced audio properties window
7)click on the performance tab
8)turn yoyr hardware acceleration to none
9)leave sample rate converssion quality at best
10)click apply
11)ok out of everything

Quindaka
06-19-2008, 07:26 AM
Thank you so much for replying. I will give this a shot.
Quindaka

Quindaka
06-22-2008, 08:53 PM
It worked! Thanks an awful lot! As you said, the dialogue runs a little behind the actual speaking, but nothing that I can't deal with. I just got the instructions to assassinate the nine lives and am having a blast! Thanks again!
http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/11.gif

boznarjan
06-25-2008, 05:09 AM
killzone, how do you do this with the directions.
can you describe it to me. Cause i am having the same problem.

HUNGRYSNAKE
08-11-2015, 03:11 AM
I am having the same problem, but with a PS3 instead of a PC

Jessigirl2013
08-14-2015, 05:06 PM
Have you tried support?