PDA

View Full Version : Revelations - AC Fanatic's Review

Av8TRX
12-20-2011, 10:32 PM
Revelations = Sorely disappointed. I’ve been an AC addict since Altair was hopping rooftops have enjoyed all the releases until Revelations. To plagiarize AMC, “Story Matters.” The Revelations storyline was one droning, predictable situation followed with another. No twists & turns, no, “oh no, no s*it?” moments, no previous-release quality stop and make you think moments, not one. No intrigue, nothing more than stab some guys, find the prize…stab some more guys…advance… wet hair, lather, rinse and repeat. I kept hoping that at least Machiavelli, Leo, or even Claudia, would pop in and add some form of continuity..no luck there. What happed to our writers? AC has remained an awesome story, right up until Revelations. One of two things occurred/need to happen:
1) They got tired and need hug, raise & vacation (not necessarily in that order).
2) They got fired and should immediately be made a healthy offer to return.
3) I’m a writer & history buff. Heck, hire me. I could have written the released Revelations storyline in about 15 minutes. A good storyline, like a good house, is an investment from a business perspective. The financial outlay for the released storyline was the economic equivalent to buying stock in public telephones, the logical possibility of productive return is deeply in question.
I won’t even go into the territory defense thingy, enough folks have already vented on that score. I think I can speak for most gamers on glitches, and Revelations has a chock-full, we’ll tolerate most anything if the game is very good. If it’s not, you’ll soon see the previously played shelves fill up at Game Stop. I’m enough of a Ubi-fanatic to eagerly await the next installment, however, if it doesn’t step up it’s game, ahem… Naughty Dog put out an EPIC release with Uncharted 3, cannot wait for Four. I’m personally hoping UBI gets back to their roots, quits listening to 100% of the whiner-blog, remembers what they’re good at, and builds a phenomenal release for the next AC installment.
Peace, y’all – Debster – PSN AV8TRX

value_zero
12-21-2011, 04:48 PM
Check your PM, thanks.