PDA

View Full Version : Need help with Saitek EVO Force

geetarman
06-01-2005, 10:35 AM
My trusty MSFFB2 has started to show it's age (cannon button no longer works and the rudder a little dodgy). I just bought a Saitek EVO Force.

With the MSFFB, using the default FB input settings was perfect. I got a fairly lively stick with the required smoothness for tracking shots. Control inputs were briskly felt.

I set-up the EVO and flew an offline mission in a P-51. Wow! What a difference! The plane responded like it was filled with a 1,000 gals. of fuel! Roll, yaw and pitch response were very poor. It took the rudder about .5 secs to respond to the input.

I adjusted the input settings through the "Control Panel" screen of FB to 100 across the board for each. A little better, but still slow. I plugged the MS stick back in and the plane responded well.

Did I do something wrong here? When using a new stick do I have to go into the actual IL Setup program and change something? I can't believe the Saitek stick is incapable of rendering the same input responsivness as the MS.

Any help?

geetarman
06-01-2005, 10:35 AM
My trusty MSFFB2 has started to show it's age (cannon button no longer works and the rudder a little dodgy). I just bought a Saitek EVO Force.

With the MSFFB, using the default FB input settings was perfect. I got a fairly lively stick with the required smoothness for tracking shots. Control inputs were briskly felt.

I set-up the EVO and flew an offline mission in a P-51. Wow! What a difference! The plane responded like it was filled with a 1,000 gals. of fuel! Roll, yaw and pitch response were very poor. It took the rudder about .5 secs to respond to the input.

I adjusted the input settings through the "Control Panel" screen of FB to 100 across the board for each. A little better, but still slow. I plugged the MS stick back in and the plane responded well.

Did I do something wrong here? When using a new stick do I have to go into the actual IL Setup program and change something? I can't believe the Saitek stick is incapable of rendering the same input responsivness as the MS.

Any help?

BlackStar2000
06-01-2005, 11:37 AM
Yep

Sell it to any enemy

geetarman
06-01-2005, 12:06 PM
Thanks for the non-answer

mazexx
06-01-2005, 12:50 PM
Well, I tried the same thing (replacing my old trusty MS FFB2 with an Evo Force). After fiddeling around with the settings for ages it was just to realize it - the Evo went into a dark corner of my sons room and the FFB2 got back on my desk... I experienced the exact same thing as you describe, sloppy respose times and weak forces where they where desired (stall buffeting and such)...

I just realize that I essentially said the same as Blackstar2000 but in a more subtle manner http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

/mazex

Monson74
06-01-2005, 01:24 PM
I just did almost the same thing - replaced an MS with a Saitek Evo - only neither of them have FFB. I think maybe the slow response could be related to the FFB - try switching it off. It takes some time to get used to the new stick & I feel very noobish but I'm getting there now after a week I think. It feels jumpy & nervous & at first I couldn't find a way to settle my hand on it. Hope you get it sorted. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-happy.gif

geetarman
06-01-2005, 02:04 PM
I am wondering if it is just that the stick needs to be worked in a bit? Maybe it's physically stiff, leading to me not pushing it fast enough, using the pressure I would normally use with the MSFFB.

I can live with the reduced FFB effects. They are not too bad. I can not live with a very sluggish response time in terms of stick input!

Boxer_1
06-01-2005, 02:30 PM
I just ordered one this week to replace my MSFFB2. I'll tell you what I think of it when it arrives. I really hope that the response can be fixed.

Monson74
06-01-2005, 03:11 PM
How is the reaction time in the joystick setup (gaming options in windows)?

geetarman
06-01-2005, 06:53 PM
I moved all axis' to 100, across the board