PDA

View Full Version : AC Revelations SP Mission Difficulty- Feedback

Black_Widow9
11-23-2011, 07:01 PM
Hello Assassin's,
Please provide Feedback to the Developers for the following Question only.
There are separate Topics to provide other Feedback so please keep this specific to the Question. If you choose to abuse this Topic further action will be taken.

We need your Feedback before December 13th so please make sure your voice is heard!
Thanks, http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-wink.gif
AC Team

Question
<UL TYPE=SQUARE>
<LI>Were there any missions that you thought were too hard in AC Revelations Single Player?[/list]

tjbyrum1
11-23-2011, 07:28 PM
I do not recall any missions that were overly difficult. Some of them a bit frustrating, but that was only because of me - not the game or the mission itself.

masterfenix2009
11-23-2011, 07:40 PM
Originally posted by tjbyrum1:
I do not recall any missions that were overly difficult. Some of them a bit frustrating, but that was only because of me - not the game or the mission itself. mostly ditto

juancapuron
11-23-2011, 07:40 PM
I think the missions were as easy as the previous games, except for the janisarries who were a challenge

Vex_Assassin
11-23-2011, 07:50 PM
No missions were too hard. Some were frustrating as the OP said and some took me a couple of tries before getting the 100% sync (The Champion Part 2), but the missions were fairly easy overall.

naran6142
11-23-2011, 07:54 PM
im having trouble getting 100% on the first altair mission

but overall i think that they were the right level of difficulty without being too frustrating

tho i wouldn't mind missions that were slightly more difficult

StarDreamer99
11-23-2011, 07:58 PM
As a gamer who played all the previos AC games, I did NOT find any of the missions to be too difficult. In fact, I probably had less difficulty with Revelations, but that is likely due to the experience I gained from all the previous ACs. However, a newcomer to the series probably would be a bit overwhelmed starting wih Revelations.

Personally, I think the difficulty level in Revelations is at a decent level. Maybe throw in a few more easy main/side missions at the beginning of the game to help newcomers with the learning curve.

kriegerdesgottes
11-23-2011, 08:45 PM
Originally posted by tjbyrum1:
I do not recall any missions that were overly difficult. Some of them a bit frustrating, but that was only because of me - not the game or the mission itself.

This

reini03
11-23-2011, 10:34 PM
I agree with most of what the others said. No mission was too hard, but neither was any too easy. An almost perfect difficulty level.

fossa1991
11-23-2011, 11:07 PM
I would like some of the missions in the story to be HARDER not more frustrating if you know what i mean.Many of the missions were just frustrating and sometimes a littlebit broken if i may say.I think you should add difficulity levels.

AdmiralPerry
11-23-2011, 11:39 PM
Don't think I had any problems, though I kept failing the first assassination in Cappadocia because I kept getting detected. Thing is, I never saw the arrow, so I still have no idea who actually kept detecting me. It was probably just me, though...

j0kay
11-23-2011, 11:57 PM
ACR's missions are too easy, and the full sync is only a restriction which is not in the sense of assassin's creed.

monarcasmoreli
11-24-2011, 12:05 AM
Not too easy
Not too hard
Just right/ almost perfect some mission should just be a little hard but overall the hardness is just right. Great job

eagleforlife1
11-24-2011, 01:24 AM
I just cannot get 100% synch on the first Altair memory.

SolidSage
11-24-2011, 02:13 AM
Not for completion.
100%sync may be a different story.

PhiIs1618033
11-24-2011, 02:30 AM
Hard? There were no hard missions. Most of them were way easy.

ljn14
11-24-2011, 03:08 AM
Only a few of the missions were hard. Hell, most of them were too easy. But keep in mind that challenging and frustrating are too completely different things. Most of the missions in revelations are easy to do and simple, BUT the way they're presented make them feel very frustrating and almost infuriating at times. Thats something you guys should look into. Make it challenging, not frustrating.

Cpt_Yanni
11-24-2011, 04:41 AM
I didn't think the missions were hard. Personally I would like to see some 'harder' missions (with a higher difficulty). Or maybe an option to make the AI more aggressive or something...

blazefp
11-24-2011, 06:39 AM
keep hampering the missions, they're good now but a little harder would also be nice.

I'd also like to suggest an option for the difficulty. Like easy; medium; hard and mindblowing hard.

wapikas
11-24-2011, 07:23 AM
There weren't missions that I would call hard, but it seems that ubisoft has raised difficulty level little bit. Infiltrating templar dens took sometimes more than one try, but it was fun to try out different routes and tactics. It really felt that you put your gear and different bomb types to use.

ProdiGurl
11-24-2011, 07:31 AM
Up to almost the end of Sequence 6, the only mission that was near impossible for me was escaping those Janissaries at the end of the Tarik mission, Honor Lost and Won.
In fact, that was a really challenging mission altogether.

The other one was a Master Assassin mission to protect the Herald. But once I switched to my dagger, it became do-able.

I also had a hard time Keeping 40 citizens when I started that riot w/ them. I think if I went to the dagger instead of my sword, it would have been easier/quicker.

But extremely fun missions - so any frustration isn't a problem when you love it despite the difficulty.

iN3krO
11-24-2011, 07:54 AM
Wonder why u only ask for Too Difficult missions and not for Too Easy or Too Exagerated...

In AcB the missions that you have to defend mercenaries guild is totally exagerated, how could ezio kill them all alone? If the combat was better handled it would be a good reason for calling assassin's recruits for those with less skill or play only ezio for those who want challenge. But how the combat was handled that mission was ridiculous.

Personally i don't think there are any missions too easy but there are missions not hard enough (like the one i've mentioned).

I can't give feedback on AcR cuz i'm still waiting for the PC Release but i'm sad you do not ask for that kind of things also.

Will_Lucky
11-24-2011, 08:16 AM
For the most part very easy. The only one I had problems with was the first carriage one, I just got constantly frustrated and it took me a few attempts to get through that one.

bestoftheturks
11-24-2011, 09:14 AM
I did find Den Defense hard, to the point in which I would just give up, let them take it, and then come back after to get it back by killing the captain-- Which was a lot easier.

Though, dear Ubisoft, I'm not sure if you consider these "Missions", but well, I have to say: Desmond's "missions" were not only stupidly hard but also boring and terrible.

I was looking forward for his missions so, so much, with all that concept art of the places, imagining myself parkouring all over to get things and well, I was so excited about it, also because I love abstract things and puzzles and such!

But then I get it and it's a terrible First Person platformer with Desmond making incredibly small, ridiculous jumps, and extremely difficult, frustrating even, things to do with those blocks and it just-- I have to say, when I finished one I felt glad it was over, a bit like torture. And I was dying to get back to Ezio and just get rid of the whole thing.

I don't think it's a good thing when you finish playing a part and are just glad it's over and done with and just don't want to play it ever, ever, ever again.

Desmond was never my favorite, I have to confess, but these missions, which I was hoping would help a lot with showing more of him, ended up making me want to have even less to do with him.

Altair's missions were way too small and gave too little away, very emotionless and a bit rushed, I thought, with Malik not even making an appearance, which was very sad, and no exploration at all.

Ezio though, saved the game, for me. I'm... actually a little scared of where the Assassin Creed game will go without him, since, for me, it's all about Ezio, not Altair or Desmond, really. =///

S-EVANS
11-24-2011, 09:54 AM
no complaints, in fact sometimes i feel it should be a tad more diffcult...

ProdiGurl
11-24-2011, 10:03 AM
I'd also like to suggest an option for the difficulty. Like easy; medium; hard and mindblowing hard.

I said that many times & agree. I could have used that EASY level when I first picked up ACB.

Assassins Creed imo is not a game series you can just walk into and ace it like a pro (unless you're really that good a gamer in general).
It was really unlike any games I ever played and I didn't understand alot of things going on & why I had to do something & remain undetected .. all I knew w/ my games was going in & shooting up the town lol.
It wasn't easy.

Alot of people struggled w/ the missions (I know bcuz I read all the comments on youtube walkthru's I continually had to go to for help lol).

I think choosing a skill level would solve ALOT of issues for the majority of AC fans.

raven11d
11-24-2011, 10:53 AM
90% of the missions were way to easy

only a few missions come to mind as challenging :

- killing some of the captains. the area was full with templars and it was hard to stay incognito
- the mission when Ezio retrieves the 1st key. getting 100% sync on that one was challenging too

for the next AC please make the missions a lot harder and better yet - as already sugested by others - add a difficulty level fo which to choose from and do that for multiple things like :

- how hard it is to beat a soldier
- how quick a soldier spots you
- how many hits it takes to die ( depending of your armor of course )

the harder the player puts these parameters, the more he will be forced use stealth. for those that like to run in head on, they can put them easier

in ACR - imo - these parameters were all to easy. for example in the chasing sequence with the wagons when you are dragged behind it from a rope, you can be hit by the rocks a dozen times and it does practicly nothing to your health. same for the last mission in sequence 8 when you hang on the parachute. doesn't matter how many times you get hit by buildings or trees, you will never fail. also when fighting the soldiers you can literally take a few dozen of hits before you die, especially when you have your pocket full of meds.

cless711
11-24-2011, 11:14 AM
The missions were all a good difficulty (if your not counting the 100% sync constraints).

PhiIs1618033
11-24-2011, 12:17 PM
Originally posted by raven11d:
90% of the missions were way to easy

only a few missions come to mind as challenging :

- killing some of the captains. the area was full with templars and it was hard to stay incognito
- the mission when Ezio retrieves the 1st key. getting 100% sync on that one was challenging too

for the next AC please make the missions a lot harder and better yet - as already sugested by others - add a difficulty level fo which to choose from and do that for multiple things like :

- how hard it is to beat a soldier
- how quick a soldier spots you
- how many hits it takes to die ( depending of your armor of course )

the harder the player puts these parameters, the more he will be forced use stealth. for those that like to run in head on, they can put them easier

in ACR - imo - these parameters were all to easy. for example in the chasing sequence with the wagons when you are dragged behind it from a rope, you can be hit by the rocks a dozen times and it does practicly nothing to your health. same for the last mission in sequence 8 when you hang on the parachute. doesn't matter how many times you get hit by buildings or trees, you will never fail. also when fighting the soldiers you can literally take a few dozen of hits before you die, especially when you have your pocket full of meds.
I didn't buy any armour and had found the last mission fairly difficult. Desynced maybe 4 times.
So, yeah, not buying armour raises the difficulty...
a tiny amount. Seriously, I didn't even buy medicine and I survived pretty much the whole game without a scratch.

joaomuas
11-24-2011, 01:29 PM
They need to be even harder! We need to recieve more damage with each hit and the guns should be able to almost kill us! And add an option to do things like "killstreaks - off", "guard's defense - 10", to make the game more difficult for some and easier for others.

BK-110
11-24-2011, 02:26 PM
I didn't find any missions "too hard". I found some difficult and that is a good thing.

Justin_Vega
11-24-2011, 08:51 PM
How about the mission where you have to incite a riot, and in order to sync you can only let about 20 ppl die. Are you kidding me? Not to mention that this bs game is such a glitch-filled disgrace that I can't even select any enemy to assassinate them in a smoke cloud, the assassins you call in aren't helpful enough, and you have to face 3 waves of these without "directly involving yourself in the fight" lest the rioters act like panzies and run away. The programmers really this round of AC up. Absolutely disgraceful.

<span class="ev_code_RED">Do not Bypass the Language Filter.</span>

NewBlade200
11-24-2011, 09:06 PM
I only failed 3-6 times. It may be because I have become one with AC, but it was still a bit sad. I should stop expecting it to be difficult already http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/shady.gif

A reason to do full sync would make us more likely to do it so the difficulty would be up for those interested.

LordWolv
11-25-2011, 12:23 AM
Originally posted by Black_Widow9:
Were there any missions that you thought were too hard in AC Revelations Single Player?
No, they weren't too hard..
They weren't hard enough.

I'm tired of playing through an AC game with close to no challenge. 100% synchronisation was a nice little feature in both ACB and ACR, but still I have it done 100% on my 3rd try at the most.

I need a challenge! I need to die, get frustrated and smash my controller on my brother's head. I need to swear and scream.
I know that probably sounds strange, but that's what I NEED in a game!

raven11d
11-25-2011, 01:18 AM
Originally posted by Isaac500:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Black_Widow9:
Were there any missions that you thought were too hard in AC Revelations Single Player?
No, they weren't too hard..
They weren't hard enough.

I'm tired of playing through an AC game with close to no challenge. 100% synchronisation was a nice little feature in both ACB and ACR, but still I have it done 100% on my 3rd try at the most.

I need a challenge! I need to die, get frustrated and smash my controller on my brother's head. I need to swear and scream.
I know that probably sounds strange, but that's what I NEED in a game! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

couldn't agree more. more difficult is very closely related to more frustrating but i NEED the challenge. if on AC3 i will not break a controller i will be very dissapointed http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_razz.gif

100% sync in ACR is a joke, it's hardly an extra challenge. at least in ACB there were a few missions where the 100% sync was hard to get. the one where you had to kill 20 french soldiers undetected comes to mind and also the "take no damage with the tank". also the timed missions in the dungeons in ACB were challenging. you didnt had time to wonder around bc those 8 minutes was barely enough. in ACR the dungeons are smaller ( only 6 minutes for 100% sync ) AND are to easy to get. i got 100% sync on the first try and even had a minute to spare AND looted all treasures all at the same try

ProdiGurl
11-25-2011, 04:54 AM
I can add another one in Seq 7 - Decommissioned
where I can't lose any health. I can get a few guards taken care of using bombs - but....
As you go along, the guards come at you before you even see them, not enough time to do any long range shooting or bombs.

Originally posted by NewBlade200:
I only failed 3-6 times. It may be because I have become one with AC, but it was still a bit sad. I should stop expecting it to be difficult already http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/shady.gif

A reason to do full sync would make us more likely to do it so the difficulty would be up for those interested.

Exactly, and whether or not 100% is too hard to do, I still want synching there to challenge me.
It's very easy to skip most synchs if people don't want to do it (except for the few desynch's if you fail)

The other posts about ACR being too easy is just a matter of individual skill levels which is why I think being able to choose your skill level at the beginning is important for AC fans.

ProdiGurl
11-25-2011, 05:13 AM
Originally posted by Justin_Vega:
How about the mission where you have to incite a riot, and in order to sync you can only let about 20 ppl die. Are you f***ing kidding me? Not to mention that this bs game is such a glitch-filled disgrace that I can't even select any enemy to assassinate them in a smoke cloud, the assassins you call in aren't helpful enough, and you have to face 3 waves of these a**holes without "directly involving yourself in the fight" lest the rioters act like panzies and run away. The programmers really f***ed this round of AC up. Absolutely disgraceful.

I don't remember not being able to be involved in that riot . .I remember fighting in that one.
? Unless I have it mixed up.

You couldn't go under 40 citizens out of like the 55 you start with or whatever.
It wasn't easy but I remember it being a fun mission for me.

EpicRandomGuy
11-25-2011, 10:41 AM
I wouldn't mind having some harder missions, actually.

ACSineQuaNon
11-25-2011, 11:27 AM
Why are some people saying that the mission difficulty is "just right, but could be just a bit harder?" This is our opportunity to give true feedback. Stop sugarcoating, and tell it how it is. If the game is too easy, say so.

The biggest problem I've had with the AC games are that they are too easy. The most difficult of the 4 has been the first one. Stealth in missions needs to be encouraged. Combat needs to be more difficult, and the AI sensory needs to be improved. There needs to be a sense of danger. In AC1 guards responded to your actions, and they did not let you escape so easily. Then AC2 came and all you had to do climb a building and they stopped chasing you. Ubisoft, take out the "wanted area" system (yellow region on the minimap that you must escape from). The intensity is just not there. Return to the aggressive AI of the first AC guards. This will make the missions more thrilling. No one complained about the first AC being too difficult.

Also, as much as I admired the cinematic set pieces functioning as the Assassin's Tombs/Romulus Lairs, they do not provide the challenge that their predecessors did. Don't scrap these segments, but bring back the tombs/lairs. The whole point of AC is exploration, and quick, linear sequences don't provide that. The AC2 tombs were amazing and difficult. I died so many times in those, but that's what made completing them so rewarding. There's a real sense of progression.

Alex Amancio mentioned that word, "progression," a lot in his storytelling interviews with GameInformer. Make the game more difficult and let the player actually feel this heightened intensity. The player should only be just a tad bit better than the AI. We should die countless times throughout our playthrough of the game. That way, armor becomes more than just a decoration; it becomes a necessary piece of equipment. That is how you bridge gameplay and narrative, through difficulty.

crash3
11-25-2011, 11:36 AM
Still think a lot of missions are too easy

I think the AI of the guards is really dumb, there are lots of missions where you have to be stealthy and you can just run right past some guards who dont even turn to notice you. Guards should be able to see you from further away, I noticed the guards only seem to spot you from about 10 metres away, it needs to be further.

Guards need to be more aggressive like in AC1, I noticed that in all the Ezio games you could carry out low profile assassinations on guards even after you had been detected whereas in AC1, if a guard wa watching you and you tried to assassinate them from the front they would push you away and throughout combat they would actualyy push you away if you tried to attack them with the hidden blade

Combat is too easy, the guards dont have enough abilities, I tremember in AC1 you start out with less abilites than the guards and you learn how to defeat tougher guards whereas in the Ezio games, the guards have always been push overs. I would say that the Janissaries would be what I expect a standard guard to fight like. Guards need to be able to break your guard like in AC1 and carry out lethal counter-attacks against you when you try to attack them

Ideal combat for me would be 5 guards are a challenge and once you have 10 guards trying to kill you then you are overwhelmed and are forced to flee to the shadows like a proper assassin should do

I think a good way of making combat harder is if you stand and fight, more and more guards will arrive until you try to flee and escape. Otherwise the more you fight back, the worse it gets with more guards arriving to kill you

Over all, both Stealth and Combat need to be made more challenging so it feels more satisfying to successfully complete a mission.

Also I think notoriety should be more of a gradual thing, I think it is gained and lost to quickly

ProdiGurl
11-25-2011, 11:46 AM
Guards need to be more aggressive like in AC1, I noticed that in all the Ezio games you could carry out low profile assassinations on guards even after you had been detected whereas in AC1, if a guard wa watching you and you tried to assassinate them from the front they would push you away and throughout combat they would actualyy push you away if you tried to attack them with the hidden blade

Combat is too easy, the guards dont have enough abilities, I tremember in AC1 you start out with less abilites than the guards and you learn how to defeat tougher guards whereas in the Ezio games, the guards have always been push overs. I would say that the Janissaries would be what I expect a standard guard to fight like. Guards need to be able to break your guard like in AC1 and carry out lethal counter-attacks against you when you try to attack them

One of the great features in ACB is the Kill Streak - having Janissary type guards that break that everywhere ruins that feature and it would suck imo.
I love kill streaks, they're not only fun, but they're aesthetically beautiful and it comes in handy when you have alot of guards surrounding you.

What they could do in battles instead is maybe make your medicine less potent (1 med. only restores 1/2 health) or let the guards do more damage etc. etc.

There are also ways that better gamers can make AC more challenging if they need it to be more difficult - don't get the best armor or weapons & all the other upgrades, don't signal your assassins, etc.

crash3
11-25-2011, 11:51 AM
Originally posted by ProdiGurl:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Guards need to be more aggressive like in AC1, I noticed that in all the Ezio games you could carry out low profile assassinations on guards even after you had been detected whereas in AC1, if a guard wa watching you and you tried to assassinate them from the front they would push you away and throughout combat they would actualyy push you away if you tried to attack them with the hidden blade

One of the great features in ACB is the Kill Streak - having Janissary type guards that break that everywhere ruins that feature and it would suck imo.
I love kill streaks, they're not only fun, but they're aesthetically beautiful and it comes in handy when you have alot of guards surrounding you.

What they could do in battles instead is maybe make your medicine less potent (1 med. only restores 1/2 health) or let the guards do more damage etc. etc.

There are also ways that better gamers can make AC more challenging if they need it to be more difficult - don't get the best armor or weapons & all the other upgrades etc. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Good point about the medicine actually, it does annoy me how we can have a big store of medicine that immediately heals you, I only use the medicine because its there. I think guards should deliver more damage and medicine can only be used when not in combat and it gradually heals you over a minute or so

I think also as you lose more health during combat, you should lose more combat abilities so you are forced to flee or call in your brotherhood to help you. Once you have escaped you can then use your medicine which would GRADUALLY HEAL you

blazefp
11-25-2011, 11:54 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Guards need to be more aggressive like in AC1, I noticed that in all the Ezio games you could carry out low profile assassinations on guards even after you had been detected whereas in AC1, if a guard wa watching you and you tried to assassinate them from the front they would push you away and throughout combat they would actualyy push you away if you tried to attack them with the hidden blade

There are also ways that better gamers can make AC more challenging if they need it to be more difficult - don't get the best armor or weapons & all the other upgrades, don't signal your assassins, etc. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

They don't actually. If you keep smashing square (PS3) you can keep the killing streak, but you only kill them at your 3rd attempt

ProdiGurl
11-25-2011, 12:12 PM
Maybe if you had only 1 Janissary w/ 3 other regular guards.
I was in a group of Janisarries and they shoot at you while you're busy trying to get your kill streak going.

One other aspect of this is that Ezio is supposed to be this Master Assassin Mentor . . the Guru of Assassins, and if these guards are so hard that he's barely able to whoop their butts, then he should be busy trying to recruit them or asking them for tips & help.

It's a fine balance btwn skill levels & difficulty for AC fans. I think being able to choose a skill level at the beginning is the best answer to this issue.

Black_Widow9
11-25-2011, 01:58 PM
Originally posted by daniel_gervide:
I can't give feedback on AcR cuz i'm still waiting for the PC Release but i'm sad you do not ask for that kind of things also.
As soon as the PC version is released I will post these questions there also. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-wink.gif

SolidSage
11-25-2011, 04:54 PM
I'm a fan of the Janissaries. Creed combat was getting too easy in AC2&B. The Janissaries return some of the challenge, especially with how they mix up their attacks.
Although they are still easily bested by calling recruits, arrow storm, smoke bomb, shooting them before they shoot at you or shooting them with a poison dart during combat.

Medicine and armor are fine, it can ne used or not as needed, weakening the new and improved AI would be detrimental on a massive scale.

The rifle towers are also a nice new challenge, chucking a bomb in them before getting in to a combat flow makes a huge difference.

NomadicUncle7
11-25-2011, 11:15 PM
I dont think any of the missions were hard. Some were frustrating because I did a couple like 3x or 4x. Maybe just make the missions more challenging.

Jediknightben
11-26-2011, 04:51 AM
I maxed out the game 100% and got all the G a few days ago. Still, I actually found it a lil harder than the other games

raven11d
11-26-2011, 05:11 AM
the more ppl, the more different opinions .. so why not try this instead for AC3 and cater for everyone :

- killstreak : ON/OFF
give us the choice in the menu. i hate how the killstreak makes fighting so easy but as someone else said the pure esthetic of the killstreak is awesome. give us the choice to allow it ingame or not

- desyncing : ON/OFF
some ppl complain that you get desynced for being caught during some missions. leave an option in the menu to switch it off or on so they can have the choice to either be desynced or just continue the mission with all the guards on their ***

- combat difficulty lvl : RECRUIT/GUARD/BRUTE/WARRIOR/VETERAN
i don't think anyone finds the fighting of the templars/guards difficult at this point so the previous games ( AC2, ACB, ACR ) should be classified and be the standard for the RECRUIT difficulty or at the most GUARD. so RECRUIT should have the fighting skills of what it is now, BRUTE should be medium challenging and the best option for most ppl and VETERAN should be mindblowingly hard where it's almost impossible to escape alive and/or slaughter more then 4 or 5 guards. counters should progressivly get less efficiŽnt and you will have to mix it up a bit more

- stealth difficulty lvl : RECRUIT/ASSISTANT/DISCIPLE/ASSASSIN/MASTER ASSASSIN
as for the combat difficulty, how the game is now should be classified as RECRUIT or ASSISTANT at the most, DISCIPLE should fit most ppl and MASTER ASSASSIN should be mindblowingly difficult and require good tactics and pre-scouting the environment. the harder you put the lvl the longer the guards will look for you, the quicker they will see you and the less idiotic they will behave when they see one of their own dead in the streets. as it is now when they find a guard dead in the street all they do is "what happened here? let's have a looksee" 5 seconds later they return to their post or patrol as if nothing happened. also it should reflect the time they search for you when out of sight bc as it is now 3 seconds after i leave the yellow area they stop looking making it ironicly hard to accomplish the Roma mission of hiding in spots like haystacks and wells.

- 100% sync : ON/OFF
leave the choice to the players if they want to attempt the optional mission or not. i hear a lot of complaints about it but i - and i'm sure many others - like the extra challenge.

notoriouty : EASY/MEDIUM/HARD
EASY meaning it goes up slow with notorious actions and there are posters. MEDIUM meaning going up slow but no posters and HARD meaning it goes up quickly and no posters

overall dificulty : EASY/MEDIUM/HARD
co-relates to how much damage is restored from medicine, at what point you can use medicine ( HARD lvl only able to use medicine when out of sight, not during a fight ) and heavier hits from the guards on the protagonist's health

timer : OFF/EASY/HARD
in OFF mode no restriction on time for missions. EASY is with a certain time but gives room to missteps. HARD meaning you'll have to be skilled in free running and try to get past enemies without killing them bc that would take to much time. of course keep the race side missions, they are a welcome change and a fun way to get across and know the city

in all this gives you 25 parameters. each parameter counts as 4% sync ( the 100% sync should be renamed to "optional mission" or something like that ). so if you chose all the easiest parameters you'll get 32% sync, when you chose all the hardest parameters you'll get 100% sync. the 100% sync should be out of reach of most players, only the most skilled and dedicated players should be able to reach it. for the majority around 70% to 80% would be good. this also opens up possibilities for throphies and achievments. for example a throphy could be "obtain an average of 75% sync" or "get at least 1 mission on 90% sync". and there culd also be a small rewarding system included like the harder you put the parameters, the more points you earn that you can spend on the multiplayer or the more u-play points you get .. things like that.

all of this gives the players the ability to customize their AC experience. for example if you would like a harder combat you change that parameter but keep the stealth difficulty lvl lower otherwise you'd have to fight to often and can't get through missions. other players would prefer a more stealthy approach so they change the stealth parameter while keeping maybe the fight parameter low bc when they get discovered - and they will more easely - they still can fight their way out

ProdiGurl
11-26-2011, 05:53 AM
The rifle towers are also a nice new challenge, chucking a bomb in them before getting in to a combat flow makes a huge difference.

I forgot to mention those - they almost killed me a few times on some different Tower missions on the rooftops & around the city when I hit red areas.

They're a fantastic addition that bring a challenge - I couldn't always spot where the shots were coming from & I lost alot of health in a few spots till I found them.

hfitton
11-26-2011, 11:43 AM
Now here's the thing, you can't please everyone all of the time. Me? I can never get the kill streak challenges, and I'm not here for the fighting. I'm the stealthy / sneaky one who likes all those puzzles, races & the like. I know that there's a lot of people who prefer to just go in all guns (or blades) blazing, but it's just not me.

I'm really struggling with the 100% synch in Cappadocia ... I know the theory, but some cretin just catches me at the wrong moment and it's all over. Bah.

Also get a bit hacked off with the carriages, but also appreciate they add a bit of difference. I can live with it. It was easier than the bloody flying machine in ACB that nearly sent me crazy!

I didn't mind the bombs, but what the hell was going on with all the different types? Is it just me? I couldn't be bothered with them all. I like my chests to contain money. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Favourite was dressing as an entertainer and playing the lute. Spent half my time giggling. Then again, I had been drinking wine. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

I missed the posters for decreasing awareness. I spent so much money on damn heralds.

I liked picking flowers too. lol

Turinrp
11-26-2011, 03:19 PM
The game is perfect, it is harder than the previous AC but I liked that!

vanbroot
11-26-2011, 06:48 PM
nope all the missions were really easy just like all the other assassins creed games.

Serrachio
11-27-2011, 06:31 AM
Originally posted by SolidSage:
I'm a fan of the Janissaries. Creed combat was getting too easy in AC2&B. The Janissaries return some of the challenge, especially with how they mix up their attacks.
Although they are still easily bested by calling recruits, arrow storm, smoke bomb, shooting them before they shoot at you or shooting them with a poison dart during combat.

Medicine and armor are fine, it can ne used or not as needed, weakening the new and improved AI would be detrimental on a massive scale.

The Janissaries are annoying, and that much does make for more difficult and challenging combat I admit, but they deflect nearly every attack, avoid kicks, won't get grabbed, grab you, kick you, shoot you while you're attacking someone, jump away from you, can't be Counter-Slammed and also back out of reach and pull their gun out, which wastes your kill streaks.

They're also EVERYWHERE.

I wouldn't mind having them in certain groups at parts of the map, and their camp and near the Little Hagia Sophia is good too, but what makes them so frustrating for me is that I can't complete the Mercenary challenge "Get a combo kill streak with 5 kills in it, x10" with them around, and those Agile guards that come with them don't help either.

It also doesn't make sense to me how I've tried it at Cappadocia and it never seemed to count towards it either.

GunnarGunderson
11-27-2011, 09:35 AM
you should be asking if they were too easy, which most of them were. And the Janisarries don't make combat difficult, they make it a chore.

SolidSage
11-27-2011, 01:11 PM
@Serrachio
They are everywhere, and they do make that challenge difficult to achieve. I'm glad for that though, real challenge rather than a list that you can just check off each item without real effort.
I think you have to replay earlier missions for the kill streak challenge though. I'm 80% sync and finding it hard to get, but my wife is at the start of the game and pulling them off left and right. Seems like the Janissaries aren't so prevalent at the start?

I really feel that this is the best and most complete AC yet, but just like the others, the territory becomes so familiar after a while that I end up longing for the other cities.

I want the game where we can travel to any of the locations from any of the games when we like. Not happening though.

Serrachio
11-27-2011, 02:19 PM
@Serrachio
They are everywhere, and they do make that challenge difficult to achieve. I'm glad for that though, real challenge rather than a list that you can just check off each item without real effort.
I think you have to replay earlier missions for the kill streak challenge though. I'm 80% sync and finding it hard to get, but my wife is at the start of the game and pulling them off left and right. Seems like the Janissaries aren't so prevalent at the start?

I really feel that this is the best and most complete AC yet, but just like the others, the territory becomes so familiar after a while that I end up longing for the other cities.

I want the game where we can travel to any of the locations from any of the games when we like. Not happening though.

To be fair though, each of the challenges are easy enough to check off without effort. It's just this one that seems to be a struggle.

The only challenge I can recall in ACB that needed me to replay memories was the crossbow one, and that in itself wasn't hard.

I wouldn't mind this one so much, but because Janissaries are both tough combatants and literally 2 of every patrolling group for me, it makes the challenge stand out where all the other ones are fairly normal.

There are times that I've wished that the Arrow Storm only killed them, so that I can mop the regular guards up easily enough.

zerim91
11-27-2011, 02:33 PM
I just registered on this forum just to write this, in the hope that maybe, just maybe, I can reach the developers this way.

I find Assassin's Creed too easy. This is true for every major AC title released so far, including Revelations.

I've been a huge fan of Assassin's Creed since the first game, following every little detail of every release. But I couldn't help but become increasingly disappointed in the gameplay.

Before I write anything further, I don't know if this will actually reach the developers. I don't know if it can make any difference. But I have to try, because I frankly think Assassin's Creed has the potential- always had the potential, to be the greatest video game ever made.

Everything about Revelations- everything; from character design to writing to animation to how smooth the controls are, everything about the game is perfect, and dare I say, proof that video games can be art. But there is only ONE aspect of the game that fails, and that's difficulty. This has been the case from day one with the first game, all the way to Revelations.

There was not a single mission in Revelations that I actually found challenging. I died I think once because I pushed the wrong buttons and ended up jumping off of the Galata tower, and I never once ran out of potions.

What makes video games "Games" is the challenge.
Game "g?m") Noun: A form of play or sport, esp. a competitive one played according to rules and decided by skill, strength, or luck.

I don't mean to come off as being arrogant, telling Ubisoft what a "game" is. These are the people who gave us so many amazing games. Please understand, my only wish is to see my favorite game franchise reach a higher level of awesome http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Difficulty is what makes achievements worth achieving. The steeper the hill you have to climb to get to the apple tree, the sweeter the apples taste.

What I propose is quite simple: adding Difficulty options.

I'm not saying the game should leave you ripping your hair out. After all, video games are there to entertain, not drive people mad. I understand that very well. But with difficulty options, you have nothing to lose, and everything to gain.

Harder difficulties could;

>Make attack-countering window smaller
>Limit potion pouch capacity
>And just make pouches smaller in general
>Make items more expensive in shops
>Guards notice you and get alerted more quickly
>Player's max health is lower
>Potions recover less health
>Getting hit takes out more health
>Remove eagle vision (okay maybe this one could be a bit hard to implement as certain missions depend on the use of E.Vision)

And I'm sure there are many more things that could be done that I can't think of right now.

But for the most part, I imagine that implementing changes like these would be extremely simple, I would imagine they would only require some easy modification of some values in the game's script.

Please consider this. Adding options would not damage the game in any way, after all, the classic difficulty would still be just as accessible as it always was. The game could only attract MORE gamers this way, those who previously found the game too easy for their liking could now get hooked on it!

Most people tell me to play the game without armor enhancements and only using fists for greater challenge, but I have already done all of those things, and they don't make it challenging enough- plus it's only an artificial difficulty, it's a set of restrictions that the player willingly forces on himself, it's like saying the game would be difficult if you played it with a blindfold on or if you never used the X button.

I always wanted an Assassin's Creed where I would HAVE TO take the rooftops to avoid detection, where I would HAVE TO blend in the crowds, where I would HAVE TO be stealthy.

Please Ubisoft. Once again, with adding difficulty options, you have nothing to lose and everything to gain. Please consider this.

?stanbul'dan iyi dileklerimle!
(Cheers from Istanbul!)
-Erim

Serrachio
11-27-2011, 04:06 PM
I don't want difficulty options, because that just advertises the game as an Action, when it's actually a free-roam Stealth based Action Adventure.

I just think they need to stop toning down their missions to cater to a newer crowd, just because they might not understand it.

The series is one of progressing games, and if they want to understand what is going on, they can go play through the previous instalments.

zerim91
11-27-2011, 04:43 PM
Wait, is there some rule that I don't know about that says only Action games can have difficulty options? Because plenty of action adventure titles, and heck, even pure adventure titles feature difficulty options, and have been featuring difficulty options for many years with great success.

Seriously, what would really be hurt in the final product if we had difficulty options? Nothing.

CarbonShield2
11-27-2011, 08:10 PM
The game s missions are not too hard. I got a little frustrated on 1 mission i could not get passed. it took me 3 or 4 tries. I think it is an amazing game that just takes time to learn.

ljn14
11-27-2011, 08:42 PM
One thing I noticed is that guards seem to wait for you..WHY?! Why would they do that? Logically, anyone who's fighting you with a sword would attack until you're dead, they're not gonna freaking wait..right?

Ultim4teSurviv4
11-27-2011, 11:35 PM
Nope nothing that was too hard. I thought you did a great job balancing the missions

luckyto
11-28-2011, 09:46 AM
Again, it was perfect. A few could be harder. Perhaps a few more with stealth requirements for optional 100% sync. But I'm good with it.

SteelCity999
11-28-2011, 02:24 PM
None were too hard but there seemed to be a bit more variety in ways to do the missions and be successful or get 100% sync. For the most part you couldn't just run up and stab someone like in Brotherhood and some extent AC2.

Fix the AI. I shouldn't be able to stab someone directly in front of or to the side of a guard and not trigger a fight. There were some balancing issues with some missions being more sensitive than others. They should be consistent. For instance, when I call my brothers to kill Janissaries they can walk right up to the and put them down waaay too easy. Be consistent.

WegaZAC
11-28-2011, 05:12 PM
Nothing was too hard. Thanks a lot for making fighting a bit more difficult!
In AC Brotherhood I liked you were not afraid of making time missions a challenge. In Revelations there was no problem with the counter, so I did not feel a need to haste, I just only knew I shouldn't wander around. I have beaten Galata Tower and Hagia Sofia so easily - with time to look around and think, where to go next. In Bh I had to know a location by heart and that was great!
I agree with people who say they need a real challenge, who want to tear their hair off and scream, and swear, and so on. A game should be a game, not an interactive movie, where you have to lazy push the button... (Sequence 9!)

Fisher9001
11-29-2011, 12:12 AM
Everything was good, meybe some missios was even too easy.

I love you for janissaries (about Topkapi mssion). My first fight with their four groups of four soldiers was great shock and I'm glad I have lost my first battle in AC series for now http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

TK421-677
11-29-2011, 09:38 AM
You guys are being far too kind to the game.

Tell the devs what they need to hear, not what they want to hear. None of the missions were even remotely difficult.

Ubisoft, you guys are great, but make the games more challenging!

THe__NoMaD
11-29-2011, 12:09 PM
I'd like to see longer and harder missions. This game was far too easy.

joaomuas
11-29-2011, 02:57 PM
Some have to be even harder! But the ones you nailed were the Yerebatien Cistern, and the carriage chase at the beginning of the game! Add difficulty levels though!

rocketxsurgeon
11-29-2011, 03:00 PM
I thought the difficulty was just right http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/25.gif

omgdxd
11-29-2011, 06:22 PM
I agree, the Janisarries were too overpowered, I have no issue with them having a higher level of AI, that's interesting, but taking 3 hidden blade shots at the neck without dying is too much. In my opinion they should have been more like the Templars in AC1 or Papal Guards in ACB, instead they made it quite frustrating. They are too out of sync with all the other enemies throughout the series.

I enjoy killstreaking, but I also enjoy being able to tackle a small group of enemies without being shot every time I try to kill a guard. In the end I grew frustrated and relied on calling my recruits or using a bomb. It also makes it almost impossible to complete the killstreak aspect of the faction challenges.

Also in the Den Defence game, the enemies there become too overpowered too quickly, the learning curve is too steep.

I loved a lot of aspects of the game, mostly the ones that followed on from ACB, but I felt disappointed at the frustration levels. I currently have no desire to aim for 100% sync like I did in ACB and I feel also that the game felt too short, though hopefully DLC will fix that. I am eager for AC3 and this hasn't spoilt that, but please consider making these aspects less frustrating for us.

Yairo809
11-30-2011, 04:21 PM
There wasnt any mission that was difficult, if you have a lot of medicine then you will not die, good example of this is the janissary mission where you have to fight and escape them, rather easy to throw a bomb or two and zipline outta there. on the stealthy side as well as long as you werent stingy with ammo and assassin signals then you will beat the mission

Fluke1981
12-01-2011, 06:35 AM
"Were there any missions that you thought were too hard in AC Revelations Single Player?"

Quite the opposite! Almost, but not all of the missions were too easy. Getting 100% sync makes them not necessarily harder but just takes you a little longer to complete them.

The missions could be made harder by allowing you to carry less medicine. In fact a lot less medicine. As it stands there is very little chance of you dying during a mission and if you do die it's just because you forgot to top up the enormous amount of medicine that you can carry. I'd actually go as far to say that you should only be able to carry one vial of medicine that restores a small amount of health and for you to have to find a doctor if you are injured.

Additionally you could make 'bosses' harder. At present you can just spam the attack button and have little fear of them attacking you. I even managed to kill the 'boss' in Capadocia (I forget his name as the story wasn't that memorable) by kicking him in to the water (without meaning to). Preventing easy kills like that would up the difficulty too.

Doing the above would actually make you feel like you had to actually plan and take care doing the missions instead of just wading in with little fear of failing.

The missions I found most challenging were the first carriage chase (which took me 2 attempts) and also trying to get to Tarik to kill him without being detected.

TheSpong
12-01-2011, 08:39 AM
Personally, I found Revelations way too easy in terms of memory difficulty. The only memory I had to retry/replay more than once was "The Champion Pt2". The rest of the game was a walk in the park, which is a shame.

ProdiGurl
12-01-2011, 08:49 AM
The more I read these opinions, the more I see a strong need for choosing difficulty level.

People are saying this is too easy, while complaining that the Janissaries are too difficult. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/blink.gif
Ubi can't win for losing when so much depends on individual skill level.
I think ACR is just right - hard enough yet possible enough to maintain the fun of the missions.

thecoolmax
12-01-2011, 11:26 PM
No all the mission were easy...getting 100%sync was easy too,if you could make the missions a little bit harder that would be great.

Jack-Reacher
12-02-2011, 12:37 AM
Im going to be brutally honest, the missions were ridiculously scripted and easy. You have so many tools its a joke, and the combat is just getting easier and easier.

Most missions are way too short and dont offer much place for social stealth. Instead of hiding in plain sight with the crowd I find myself on the rooftops sniping everyone with a crossbow to be "stealthy"

The only hard parts were some technical 100% synch missions that arent actually challenging, just frustrating and tedious.

apresmode
12-02-2011, 02:27 PM
None of the missions were difficult. Some are tough to get the 100% sync. AC3 needs to more difficult. Difficulty settings would be good. On hard it would be nice to see healing be done over time, and not have you able to do it during combat. What's he doing? popping a pill? using a shot? It would also be nice to have guards do more damage - especially with guns. The stalker idea is nice, but it should be amped up. Maybe a team of soldiers will be hunting for you in each are. Maybe you don't get a big warning and chance to fight them off. Maybe they're tougher than you. There are so many things that can be done to change difficulty. Please give some options.

apresmode
12-02-2011, 02:29 PM
one more thing. The Jannissaries aren't that difficult, but I'm glad to see some tougher opponents. It's not tough to either run from them or to use a bomb, or a hook and run turn and stab, or shoot a gun in their face then stab.

crash3
12-02-2011, 06:45 PM
Originally posted by apresmode:
one more thing. The Jannissaries aren't that difficult, but I'm glad to see some tougher opponents. It's not tough to either run from them or to use a bomb, or a hook and run turn and stab, or shoot a gun in their face then stab.

I agree, in principle I am glad that ubisoft finally added some slight challenge to the opponents, but as the elite soldiers in the game, I still dont think the Janissaries are elite enough if you get me.

I actually saw a video of someone just waiting to counter a Janissary because he couldnt break the Janissary's defence, but the janissary didnt attack the player, it just stood there.

I think AI needs to be much more aggressive and guards need more abilities to defend themselves as we can just throw bombs, call in assassins and do other things to kill them. Guards are too vulnerable while we have a whole variety of equipment and abilities that make combat completely one sided

Zrvan
12-02-2011, 06:49 PM
The Special Recruitment mission where you must race a potential Assassin recruit to impress his wife. Racing is very difficult using ACR's free-running.

RichardHaro
12-02-2011, 08:07 PM
I found it too easy, Ubisoft.

The default grunt should be as hard to kill as a Janissary. It should never be easier to kill all your opponents in open combat than it is to run away from them in Assassin's Creed. If you're surrounded by 3 or more men, the player should feel like he/she is in danger unless they have backup or have laid out a series of complex traps.

Also, bombs were too overpowered, as is giving the player access to so much pouch space for medicine, arrows, bombs etc.

Not challenging. Please add easy/medium/hard/ASSASSIN difficulty options for people who want some challenge - people who want MORE constraints.

In terms of story missions, they were all fairly straight forward and simple to understand.

Razrback16
12-02-2011, 09:04 PM
Were there any missions that you thought were too hard in AC Revelations Single Player?[/LIST]

The only missions that really made me mad were some of the Assassin Dens with those rifle barricades. Those really made me mad. And if they saw you and you jumped behind something for cover, they would shoot through the walls to hit you which I thought was ridiculous. The Borgia Towers in Brotherhood were great because as long as you were smart and stealthy you could do them perfectly, but the Dens in Revelations were too ridiculous as far as how quickly they would see you and shoot you, sometimes at goofy angles.

benbabins
12-03-2011, 03:52 AM
I like the "One difficulty fits all"
But for the most part, it was perfect.

The den Defenses were too hard for me and happened too frequently.

But the only mission i had to get help with or retry over and over and over again was "bearer of mixed tidings" Sequence 6.

The desynch upon detection is TOO difficult not to mention time consuming.

But i would like to see Bosses (like Borgia in brotherhood) be harder to kill.

crash3
12-03-2011, 04:24 AM
As well as combat being too easy, I think escaping is too easy, all too often I am able to just keeping running and escape even with guards that can run faster than me. In AC1 you could only escape if you found a hiding spot, you only be able to escape if you find a hiding spot and evade the guards completely so they dont come searching the hiding spot

PhiIs1618033
12-03-2011, 05:37 AM
Actually, crash, in AC1 you can escape by running away as well. You just have to get a 50 meter gap between you and your pursuers and you're good. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

ProdiGurl
12-03-2011, 10:35 AM
As well as combat being too easy, I think escaping is too easy, all too often I am able to just keeping running and escape even with guards that can run faster than me. In AC1 you could only escape if you found a hiding spot, you only be able to escape if you find a hiding spot and evade the guards completely so they dont come searching the hiding spot

Escaping is easy?!
I couldn't escape in ACB 1/2 the time and I couldn't escape those Janissaries after the Tarik mission -
I ended up having to jump into the water (however far that was from where I originally started).
They hunt you down on rooftops too.

Well again, this goes to show that skill levels are just different w/ everyone.

ACR is basically at a perfect level for me - some of it isn't overly hard, some of it is extremely hard - but it's all challenging and that makes it the funnest AC game I've played to date.

EastCoastHandle
12-03-2011, 10:42 AM
Yes, the Den Defense missions are too difficult do to the siege tanks. They are impossible to destroy, they destroy your barriers to fast, they move to fast. The siege tank need to be overall tone down so that catapults do more damage, rifleman and crossbow men do more damage. And, allow your main character to actually do damage to the NPCs that operate the siege tank as they are already expose to gun fire.

ProdiGurl
12-03-2011, 10:58 AM
Originally posted by EastCoastHandle:
Yes, the Den Defense missions are too difficult do to the siege tanks. They are impossible to destroy, they destroy your barriers to fast, they move to fast. The siege tank need to be overall tone down so that catapults do more damage, rifleman and crossbow men do more damage. And, allow your main character to actually do damage to the NPCs that operate the siege tank as they are already expose to gun fire.

Ya, I just lost ANOTHER DD today. That's 5 lost out of 6 - in my first gameplay I had a total of 3 defenses to do, this one, every time I turned around I got hit with a contested den - I couldn't get my awareness down fast enough so I'd have 2 defenses in a row (lose one DD, retake the tower, awareness goes up & can't get it down , so another gets contested due to the last one you lost). http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-sad.gif

I just can't do it - and it's confusing too. I'd say better info/direction might help - but I agree, I think some of it needs to be toned down.

But I like how you can lose something in the game - that's very realistic. It just amounts to the delivery of it.

Den defense could be done entirely different by setting us up w/ another separate mission where we have to take out strategic 'targets' of certain Templar guards throughout the city . .
It would be really fun if we got to do the mission w/ our Master Assassin helping too.

It wouldn't have to be a seige concept like this & people can use their own strategy to accomplish it which is what we seem to like the most.
http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

rob.davies2014
12-03-2011, 12:01 PM
Missions involving the Brotherhood, where you actually work with them.
Like when you invade the Arsenal to find Ahmet and when you race the Assassins across the rooftops to Topkapi Palace.
It was nice to see a recruit use the parachute aswell. (The Thespian Part 2)

Dead_Heat
12-03-2011, 08:02 PM
Most were too easy and simplistic, weak story this time. :-(

NEW_GADGETS
12-03-2011, 09:55 PM
difficulty options/settings not just overall. But to be able to set different classes of guards independtly. The game would have more replayability IMHO.

Noble6
12-04-2011, 02:15 AM
In Stealthy parts difficulty was about right but missions which involved fighting were way too easy.On other hand some specialmissions like(spoiler ) carriage driving and greekfire-cannon missions were bit too hard.

crash3
12-04-2011, 04:38 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">As well as combat being too easy, I think escaping is too easy, all too often I am able to just keeping running and escape even with guards that can run faster than me. In AC1 you could only escape if you found a hiding spot, you only be able to escape if you find a hiding spot and evade the guards completely so they dont come searching the hiding spot

Escaping is easy?!
I couldn't escape in ACB 1/2 the time and I couldn't escape those Janissaries after the Tarik mission -
I ended up having to jump into the water (however far that was from where I originally started).

ACR is basically at a perfect level for me - some of it isn't overly hard, some of it is extremely hard - but it's all challenging and that makes it the funnest AC game I've played to date. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I take your point, what I meant was that I think a bigger emphasis should be made on using hide spots to escape like it was in AC1, it would feel more stealthy and more like playing as an assassin if you get me

AkwardPenguin
12-04-2011, 09:15 AM
I found all of them to be way too esay http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_frown.gif

JohnScorpion27
12-04-2011, 09:49 AM
No, I don't think any of them where too difficult, most of them where fairly easy

xxdragonxxbilal
12-04-2011, 10:27 AM
please Help me brotherS.
i install Assasin, creed revelationS and now when i on my game so thay want kay .how i got the kay..whr is the game kay...please some one help me.http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_frown.gif

ghostferret
12-04-2011, 01:15 PM
No.

ProdiGurl
12-04-2011, 01:44 PM
Originally posted by crash3:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ProdiGurl:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">As well as combat being too easy, I think escaping is too easy, all too often I am able to just keeping running and escape even with guards that can run faster than me. In AC1 you could only escape if you found a hiding spot, you only be able to escape if you find a hiding spot and evade the guards completely so they dont come searching the hiding spot

Escaping is easy?!

ACR is basically at a perfect level for me - some of it isn't overly hard, some of it is extremely hard - but it's all challenging and that makes it the funnest AC game I've played to date. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I take your point, what I meant was that I think a bigger emphasis should be made on using hide spots to escape like it was in AC1, it would feel more stealthy and more like playing as an assassin if you get me </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Oh ok, I understand. & I haven't played AC1 yet, so I didn't know you could.
I was just thinking about escaping this morning actually (since I'm doing the Janissary/Tarik missions right now) -
I was wondering why we can't run into one of the dens to hide during an escape. That would be a great feature imo & it would be totally realistic.
If you can manage to get in the door, you should be safe. I almost wish they couldn't outrun you either, but I do realize this has to be a challenge - not a cakewalk.

I've always wanted a 'crouching' mode - better ways to hide & duck behind things & sneak around. Hopefully that'll get implemented in future games.

SolidSage
12-04-2011, 02:11 PM
I want HORDE mode. Low level guards swarming. Massive combat and slaying, it's the one thing I miss from AC1, being able to trawl the city and gather 20 plus guards for a beat down. It just doesn't happen much anymore. They either lose the scent too fast or there aren't enough patrols.

Just load up specific locations with beefy (high count) squads so I can go all wolvie berzerk style on em!

ProdiGurl
12-04-2011, 02:14 PM
I want HORDE mode. Low level guards swarming. Massive combat and slaying, it's the one thing I miss from AC1, being able to trawl the city and gather 20 plus guards for a beat down. It just doesn't happen much anymore. They either lose the scent too fast or there aren't enough patrols.

Just load up specific locations with beefy (high count) squads so I can go all wolvie berzerk style on em!

haha, I agree. The FPS in me is dying for that. There's so much restraint in AC bcuz of stealth & keeping hidden... but every once in a while, I want mass carnage lol
http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/partyhat.gif http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/59.gif

MrKikass123
12-04-2011, 04:04 PM
no, not unless i tried to get 100% (which i ended up doing on all of them regardless), there was this one where in order to achieve 100% sync you couldn't let the herald get hurt which took a few tries to complete but overall, its pretty good

Ferrith
12-05-2011, 07:35 AM
Question
<UL TYPE=SQUARE>
<LI>Were there any missions that you thought were too hard in AC Revelations Single Player?[/list]
Too hard? No. I'd say AC:R was much easier, when compared to its predecessors, and more tactical.

AkwardPenguin
12-05-2011, 05:58 PM
Originally posted by StarDreamer99:
As a gamer who played all the previos AC games, I did NOT find any of the missions to be too difficult. In fact, I probably had less difficulty with Revelations, but that is likely due to the experience I gained from all the previous ACs. However, a newcomer to the series probably would be a bit overwhelmed starting wih Revelations.

I was a newcomer to assassins creed and i found the missions to be very easy.

Personally, I think the difficulty level in Revelations is at a decent level. Maybe throw in a few more easy main/side missions at the beginning of the game to help newcomers with the learning curve.

Matteo90Fi
12-06-2011, 10:34 AM
Question
<UL TYPE=SQUARE>

Certain missions in single player are too hard in my opinion... in AC Brotherhood, fortunately, the Trophy which requested 100% Synchronization was not necessary to get Platinum Trophy, in fact it's the only i miss (97% ACB)... now in AC Revelations i hate Ubisoft because the same Trophy which requests 100% Synchronization in all Sequences is now necessary to get Platinum Trophy... maybe i'm not good in single player, but i'd appreciate if Ubisoft will choose easier missions OR another kind of trophies, next time...

ps. sorry for my english, hope i've been clear.

value_zero
12-07-2011, 03:22 AM
The missions are not hard, only the 100% sync secondary objectives are not well explained sometimes, like the sort of (if attacked kill bla bla -if attacked- does it mean if im not attacked ill still get the 100% ?)
Im not complaining over it, but just to put note on what you can work a bit more on the next game.

Ive watched 2 friends playing the game for the first time both, the missions in acb were quite hard for them, sometimes the 100 sync was not possible for them, but in this ac the difficulty is really balanced, the missions were nailing them, but managed to finish the missions like 1-2 bars of health, so the same time adrenaline pumping and interesting.

sorry for the bad eng.

Aera-chan
12-07-2011, 11:27 AM
I didn't find any of the missions to hard. In fact just getting through them without aiming for 100%sync, they were too easy for my taste.

Especially everything that included climbing around buildings - I was basicly running through these missions without having to think too much.I barely had to try twice to get through a mission. And I'm really not such a good gamer.

I really hope that difficulty will rise again for the next games, because like this they were boring http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_frown.gif

ProdiGurl
12-07-2011, 12:38 PM
Originally posted by value_zero:
The missions are not hard, only the 100% sync secondary objectives are not well explained sometimes, like the sort of (if attacked kill bla bla -if attacked- does it mean if im not attacked ill still get the 100% ?)
Im not complaining over it, but just to put note on what you can work a bit more on the next game.

Ive watched 2 friends playing the game for the first time both, the missions in acb were quite hard for them, sometimes the 100 sync was not possible for them, but in this ac the difficulty is really balanced, the missions were nailing them, but managed to finish the missions like 1-2 bars of health, so the same time adrenaline pumping and interesting.

sorry for the bad eng.

This was exactly the experience I had w/ btwn ACB & ACR. I think they nailed the balance this time for normal gamers like myself in comparison.

Making it a little easier really has me enjoying this game so much more - I'm already on a 3rd playthru and loving it.
http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

value_zero
12-07-2011, 01:23 PM
Well the game doesnt have optional difficulty, but u can make it hard for yourself, wearing the weakest armor, carrying the weakest weps and dont use ranged weapons (except the missions or optional ones that require u to do so), i play that way, so give it a try http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif)

omgdxd
12-08-2011, 02:33 AM

Yes, I missed this too. They give us execution kill streaks and then no where we can use it really. One of my favourite parts of ACB were the virtual training kill streaks, seeing how many you could get without being hit. You can't just mash buttons, it takes skill and patience. With the Janissaries now you end up throwing in bombs or calling in your recruits, who strangely enough can 1 hit kill a Janissary but Ezio can't. That's just wrong.

ProdiGurl
12-08-2011, 10:21 AM
Originally posted by omgdxd:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by SolidSage:

Yes, I missed this too. They give us execution kill streaks and then no where we can use it really. One of my favourite parts of ACB were the virtual training kill streaks, seeing how many you could get without being hit. You can't just mash buttons, it takes skill and patience. With the Janissaries now you end up throwing in bombs or calling in your recruits, who strangely enough can 1 hit kill a Janissary but Ezio can't. That's just wrong. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I've mentioned this 2 times elsewhere, but they can only take out a janissary quickly if they air assassinate - otherwise, if in hand-to-hand combat, they don't fair near as well.
I've had a few recruits need backup & one of them was wounded & unavailable after a Janissary fight w/ a couple of them.

crash3
12-10-2011, 03:39 PM
What ever happened to those large hostile guard patrols in AC1? (the ones whose swords were already drawn) I think they comprised of 10 guards or so, that is the kind of patrol size we need to properly apply the killstreak combat and actually get some challenge as well.

Also in AC1 when being chased by guards, every single guard that saw me chased me and didnt give up whereas ever since AC2 i have noticed guards stop chasing me, leaving just say 5 guards chasing me. In AC1 i could get like 20 guards all chasing me and when i stopped to fight back they would all surround me- this feature needs bringing back to add more challenge

DSchneiderIII
12-10-2011, 11:41 PM
Hello Assassin's,
There are separate Topics to provide other Feedback so please keep this specific to the Question. If you choose to abuse this Topic further action will be taken.

We need your Feedback before December 13th so please make sure your voice is heard!
AC Team

Question
<UL TYPE=SQUARE>

As a long time fan I feel that Assassin's Creed is straying very far from the "Assassin's" aspect. There are no more stealth related missions, other than "dont be detected," we need to bring back a healthy load of Templar targets. This is why Assassin's Creed 2 was very satisfying. In ACB we had only 4 main targets, and roughly 3 in ACR. And the stories for the targets in ACR and ACB were very weak. With almost no immersion within the story.

As for difficulty, Revelations was very simple and 100% synch was easily achieved. I would enjoy a difficulty setting which supports a stealthier approach with serious repercussions if failed.

crash3
12-11-2011, 08:58 AM
Originally posted by DSchneiderIII:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Black_Widow9:
Hello Assassin's,

AC Team

Question
<UL TYPE=SQUARE>

As a long time fan I feel that Assassin's Creed is straying very far from the "Assassin's" aspect. There are no more stealth related missions, other than "dont be detected," we need to bring back a healthy load of Templar targets. This is why Assassin's Creed 2 was very satisfying. In ACB we had only 4 main targets, and roughly 3 in ACR. And the stories for the targets in ACR and ACB were very weak. With almost no immersion within the story.

As for difficulty, Revelations was very simple and 100% synch was easily achieved. I would enjoy a difficulty setting which supports a stealthier approach with serious repercussions if failed. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I completely agree with you, AC1 and AC2 had more templars to assassinate and they had better/more complex back stories. ACB and ACR templars just felt like bad guys, not some secret organisation

I enjoyed in AC2 following/eavesdropping on the secret templar meetings so we knew what they were planning

freddie_1897
12-11-2011, 12:51 PM
i didn't find any missions too hard or too easy, so I'm going to tell you my favourite mission and my least favourite mission

favourite mission: the one where you have to disguise yourself as a janissary because it was challenging and involved thinking.

least favourite mission: the carriage mission at the beginning, SO FRUSTRATING, it didn't involve thinking, and it was the same throughout.

conclusion: Ubisoft have made a really, really good game, but to improve they need to have more tactical/stealthy missions, personally i much prefer them. AIM to make your missions challenging RATHER than frustrating.

I hope you take these ideas into consideration.

Thank you for reading and again, well done for making such a fun game!

SixKeys
12-11-2011, 03:08 PM
I'm currently on sequence 6, I believe. So far nothing has been too hard. The most challenging one was probably the one where you had to escape the Janissaries camp while dressed as one of them, but it was challenging in a fun way that reminded me of AC1. No yellow "area of escape" where you only need to climb a building and the guards forget all about you. I actually had to run, and every direction I turned there were more guards waiting for me. Citizens offered no shelter because I couldn't blend and the guards kept catching up with me before I could jump into a haystack. So eventually I had to fight them, which, I'm sad to say, wasn't as hard as it probably should have been considering these were elite guards. I don't get why so many people think the Janissaries are really tough enemies, I can still usually counter them after a few kicks.

If anything, AC games need harder missions, not easier.

GariStz
12-12-2011, 09:44 AM
While the difficulty in Revelations was noticeably a bit raised, none of the missions I found "hard" to complete. And it should stay that way! No one, never, nowhere has said that a game has to be difficult! The whole part of "creating your own way of experience" in the AC series is based on that!

To answer the question concretely though, the mission "Setting Sail", when you are using the Greek Fire cannon part, was a bit difficult, because you are being shot by cannons and arrows on all sides and it takes quite a time to get rid of them + you can't heal yourself and when you are wearing the weakest armor you can go down really fast...

Another mission that comes to my mind is "Last of the Palaiologi" where you have to run through half of the town past waves of soldiers trying not to get shot, then fight some of them, then climb a big gate while again trying to not get randomly shot, and at the end there is a boss battle(kind of). What was annoying to get in that mission was the full sync - "do not take any damage", but I guess that is for another topic...

D.I.D.
12-12-2011, 01:46 PM
There was something that had promise but was implemented in a way that was a bit too easy: identifying captains.

I think that's a great idea, but I think you missed an opportunity to add a big chunk of stealth into the game. I found that all I had to do was wave the camera over the restricted area and I would almost immediately be told I had successfully identified the captain, even though I had no line of sight and one or two buildings in the way.

If you bring this back in AC3, I think it would really be improved if you dot cover around the zone and give the player two ways of playing it - either pick off guards one by one until you get the boss by elimination, or do the stealthy creeping around the area thing to ID the target.

ProdiGurl
12-12-2011, 02:23 PM
Another mission that comes to my mind is "Last of the Palaiologi" where you have to run through half of the town past waves of soldiers trying not to get shot, then fight some of them, then climb a big gate while again trying to not get randomly shot, and at the end there is a boss battle(kind of). What was annoying to get in that mission was the full sync - "do not take any damage", but I guess that is for another topic...

I forgot about the end of that one. That was near impossible for me but I did finally get it.
& good luck with all the smoke after escaping lol.

& I agree w/ Double w/ the Eagle Sense (which I LOVE) - sometimes I wasn't even looking at something or someone & it acknowledged that I spotted it.
I'd then click out of Eagle Vision to see what/who I had spotted. lol

Eagle Sense has good potential uses in the future.

I just hope they keep the sync'ing - sure sometimes it's really hard for me as an average gamer, but I need to be pushed & challenged too.
This does both imo.

conclusion: Ubisoft have made a really, really good game, but to improve they need to have more tactical/stealthy missions, personally i much prefer them. AIM to make your missions challenging RATHER than frustrating.

I agree with this & set up a thread just to ask how Ubi is to know what's challenging & what's annoying - again, it's in the gamers' personal preferences.
I find racing totally frustrating & unfun (bcuz I'm horrible at it), others LOVE it... what are they to do?
This is the problem.

I LOVE having to off an official or 2 when my Awareness goes up - that never got old for me.
While others didn't want to be bothered with it.
Some complained that the awareness went up at all.

Some sounded like they wanted to breeze thru the game like Superman without a hardship or setback, yet would like to complain that it's just too easy & to make it harder next time. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-sad.gif

I have no idea what Ubi is to do but I've come to the conclusion that you just can't please everybody.

Black_Widow9
12-13-2011, 03:20 AM
Thank you all for your Feedback it will definitely be passed on. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-wink.gif