PDA

View Full Version : Special rules for gameplay

btizzle85ooooh
08-26-2008, 06:45 PM
This is a game that some people may have thought up already, but I haven't heard this idea used, so I am going to propose a new way to play team deathmatch. So The rules are as follows:

Game type:
Team Deathmatch
Players:
at least four to a team
Map:
killhouse or streets (these levels are the only ones where you can see MOST of the level from one spot)

The basic idea is that alpha team stays on one side while bravo team stays on the other. People can use what ever weapons they choose with exception to the "runners." The "runners" are called that because they are the ONE person from each team who can be on either side of the level. The runner from each team is allowed to use any pistol of his/her choosing, smoke, and flash grenades... That is it. This is just a modified game where people stay to one side because now instead of using only sniper rifles people will have to think short range as well as long range. I was playing the other night with some new friends, and we just came up with the more detailed rules as we played. I hope this give people ideas and I hope you guys like the idea of how to play... maybe I'll join a match and people will tell me how to play my own game... That would be cool. If you guys have any questions or ideas, let me know.

btizzle85ooooh
08-26-2008, 06:45 PM
This is a game that some people may have thought up already, but I haven't heard this idea used, so I am going to propose a new way to play team deathmatch. So The rules are as follows:

Game type:
Team Deathmatch
Players:
at least four to a team
Map:
killhouse or streets (these levels are the only ones where you can see MOST of the level from one spot)

The basic idea is that alpha team stays on one side while bravo team stays on the other. People can use what ever weapons they choose with exception to the "runners." The "runners" are called that because they are the ONE person from each team who can be on either side of the level. The runner from each team is allowed to use any pistol of his/her choosing, smoke, and flash grenades... That is it. This is just a modified game where people stay to one side because now instead of using only sniper rifles people will have to think short range as well as long range. I was playing the other night with some new friends, and we just came up with the more detailed rules as we played. I hope this give people ideas and I hope you guys like the idea of how to play... maybe I'll join a match and people will tell me how to play my own game... That would be cool. If you guys have any questions or ideas, let me know.

Mysticaly
08-26-2008, 08:35 PM
This would turn out to be just another useless only-pistols-allowed idea that would never work, as soon as someone drops and a new one joins you would have to explain it all over again, and 9 times out of 10 you would find that the "new" player(s) don't listen at all.

Pistols only and other strange ideas are what ruins the fun on servers, when you finally get connected to a server your meet with stupid ideas like these.

If you on the other hand could lock the server, and only invite friends then it could work, however then the point of you announcing your idea on these boards are pretty meaningless.
Just my thoughts.

Edit: Hm, what I wrote came out as a bit arrogant, sorry about that, I don't mean to insult you or anything, so my apologizes if you felt I where insulting you.

Rogue__Spear
08-26-2008, 10:49 PM
I've actually played a fun variant of a server game on Vegas called "Gladiators".

Basically everyone is packing a shield and pistol, and then meet in the central location of the map. Two people then do battle with the rest stand around them making a circle.

Winner keeps going until winner stops breathing. It's actually quite fun.

FURKING_AMAZING
08-28-2008, 08:53 AM
this is actually quite a fun thread,

there could be a thread where people post gameplay ideas...

I like the 'gladiator' game...who wants to meet up and play some of these? (PS3)...

neilthecellist
08-28-2008, 09:14 AM
Interesting ideas. This has, however, already been done through a variety of mods for UT2004. There is already a mod underway (according to the IRC dev channel at least) for UT3, though me personally, I haven't seen any evidence regarding such yet.