PDA

View Full Version : How Do We Place Planes on Carriers Again ?

billclarke1
11-29-2004, 01:45 PM
I know this was asked before, but can't seem to find the post. How do I place A/C on a carrier deck ? Tried last night first with static A/C, they ended up in the water, second, with a takeoff icon, they seemed to blowup on the deck.

billclarke1
11-29-2004, 01:45 PM
I know this was asked before, but can't seem to find the post. How do I place A/C on a carrier deck ? Tried last night first with static A/C, they ended up in the water, second, with a takeoff icon, they seemed to blowup on the deck.

tagTaken2
11-29-2004, 05:40 PM
Don't have the beta patch (they said that they might remove this feature after 3.01..?) but what worked for me:

Put up to 8 small planes- won't work for B-25s etc- with only one point- takeoff point- on the carrier (make sure that they're targeted to the carrier). Zero fuel, weapons, tick radio silence on. Think that's it, from memory

Seafire_Japan
11-29-2004, 05:45 PM
Why would they want to remove this feature after 301? Its a great feature to use esp in the mission bulider.

WTE_Dukayn
11-29-2004, 05:51 PM
Do you want static or planes that will take off?

For planes to take off from the carrier, just set a Take Off waypoint on the deck, then use the Set button to make the carrier's icon the target for the waypoint.

Dunno about statics.

billclarke1
11-29-2004, 07:00 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by tagTaken2:

(make sure that they're targeted to the carrier) <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

As in hit the set button to make the friendly carrier their target ?

tagTaken2
11-29-2004, 07:14 PM
Yup.

If you play for negative mission outcomes, as I do, putting a heap of planes on the deck is a real timesaver. Just unload those two eggs before you even start your engine, and you're already several thousand points down...

Herr_Rausch
11-29-2004, 09:31 PM
For static carriers placed on maps that will be saved as dogfight missions:

Place the carrier on the map were you want it, and then select HOMEBASE and place it on the carrier. Make sure the carrier, and the HOMBASE are of the same team. The planes will spawn on the deck as normal.

For coop, and single player missions:
Place your carrier and create it's waypoint(s). Then you can place your aircraft and waypoints. Select take off for the aircraft's waypoint number 1, and place it fairly close to the carrier, it does not to be directly on the carrier. When you run the game the planes will automaticly spawn on the deck.

This works for 3.0, 3.1, and 3.2b