PDA

View Full Version : Should Altair have double hidden blades?

Rakudaton
06-28-2011, 11:51 AM
Yeah... the title says it all. Do you want Altair to be kitted out with double hidden blades?

Personally I do, because:

1) It'll make him that much cooler
2) I would like to experience using the skills of AC2 and ACB with Altair
3) He invented them!
4) He shouldn't seem less powerful than Ezio

I would be fine if he had only one in his first sequences and gained them later, but I would love it if we could play the majority of Altair sequences with double hidden blades.

Some arguments against it, for balance:

1) The double hidden blade kills seem a bit brash and flamboyant, suited to Ezio; Altair's style is a discreetly awesome assassin.
2) It differentiates the two styles of play
3) Altair's single blade is the icon of AC: you can't destroy that by giving him a second one!
4) He'd look slightly weird by having two blades but only one missing ring finger... unless he chops off the second one.

Oh, also I'm REALLY hoping he can do air assassinations! That alone would justify buying the game http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif Leaping off a building and onto a guy below would look even more awesome as Altair.

ThaWhistle
06-28-2011, 11:53 AM
<insert that thing from the codex about altair inventing them or something, hence where ezio gets his to begin with here>

It'd be nice, but it wouldn't break the game if he didnt have it.

Conniving_Eagle
06-28-2011, 11:59 AM
Of course he'd have them, like you said, and like we all know, he invented them, and he said since they are hard to make, only certain people should be allowed to have them. I mean, who else is he going to give it to? Malik? He will have it because he is the one who said they are necessary if one needs to reach two targets simultaneously. That's one thing that will be weird though, if he'll have two missing fingers. I don't remember the # of the Codex pages, so I can't say if he'll be missing both of his fingers. I just hope that he'll have matching vambraces, I can't stand that stupid glove that Ezio wore.

CRUDFACE
06-28-2011, 12:00 PM
Originally posted by ThaWhistle:
<insert that thing from the codex about altair inventing them or something, hence where ezio gets his to begin with here>

It'd be nice, but it wouldn't break the game if he didnt have it.

Yeah, like I'm thinking that as we play as him, after each memory, his precet abilities will get better along with his equipment. After all, everything Ezio learned from, Altair-in a way-taught him through the codex.

Wodner if we'll go black and wear his special armor in the end to signify the changes the creed went through...

ShaneO7K
06-28-2011, 12:23 PM
I forget the exact page where Altair mentions the double hidden-blade, but there would be a point where he doesn't have it and then once the sequence time-line matches the point in the Codex he would have them.

kriegerdesgottes
06-28-2011, 12:25 PM
I went with "only for some sequences" because we all know he didn't start with hidden blades and he def didn't have them at 25 in 1191 but like you said he did apparently invent them at some point so it actually kind of makes it easier I guess for the developers to say he doesn't start with both but then as his sequences progress he designs them and he eventually gets them.

CRUDFACE
06-28-2011, 12:33 PM
Originally posted by kriegerdesgotte:
I went with "only for some sequences" because we all know he didn't start with hidden blades and he def didn't have them at 25 in 1191 but like you said he did apparently invent them at some point so it actually kind of makes it easier I guess for the developers to say he doesn't start with both but then as his sequences progress he designs them and he eventually gets them.

Yeah, that's why I picked it to

Azugo
06-28-2011, 12:39 PM
No, I prefer to play just with the one. Always have.

Also, you can indeed do air assassinations in AC1, it's just alot more complex. You have to lock onto your target, drop down, and as you're dropping, hit the attack button (dunno what you play on, but it's square for PS3), but make sure you have the hidden blade equipped. Try it!

dchil279
06-28-2011, 12:40 PM
Altair was also the one who suggested that they not cut off the ring fingers in order to use the hidden blade so it wouldn't be weird if he had 2 blades and 1 ring finger.

Randy 355
06-28-2011, 01:26 PM
I say no, but that's only because I want it to be one of the differences between playing as Altair, and playing as Ezio. This single hidden blade was his thing, just as the double blade is Ezio's thing.

I wouldn't be mad if Altair got them eventually though, but I would like to have the option to only use a single hidden blade. I figured that option would come through Altair.

iN3krO
06-28-2011, 01:34 PM
Double Hidden Blades? Yes
Hidden Blade meele type combat of Ac2/B? NO.

What you say about double hiden blade doesn't fit altair style, it's false, the meele system of ac2/b doesn't fit the altair's style (and isn't realistic) but the idea of having 2 hidden blades with altair without making the same combat system of ac2/b for them is really nice, i can inmagine a double counter with the double hidden blade while in altair (which ezio wouldn't be able to do cuz he is too much agresive)....
Also, altair could do air assssinations too but it was "diffrent".

Rakudaton
06-28-2011, 01:35 PM
Originally posted by Azugo:

Also, you can indeed do air assassinations in AC1, it's just alot more complex. You have to lock onto your target, drop down, and as you're dropping, hit the attack button (dunno what you play on, but it's square for PS3), but make sure you have the hidden blade equipped. Try it!

Yeah, I knew about this. The problem is that it's nowhere near as good as AC2/B. The horizontal range is greatly reduced, and you can't be much more than about a storey above them. Plus you don't get the cool swoosh sound and nice camera angle.

Anyway, judging from the responses here, I think a good compromise from Ubi would be to have Altair with only one hidden blade for 4/5 sequences, and then you unlock and use it for the 5th sequence only. That way the purists get to play mostly one-blade Altair, but the rest of us finally get to see a bit of two-blade Altair. It would really make me eager to get to that last sequence. Plus they could have a really cool scene of him preparing to confront his final enemy, strapping on his newly invented double blade to the tune of "Earth" (the techno-version "Ezio's Family" which plays when Ezio first puts on Giovanni's robes). That would be an epic scene indeed!

Alternatively they could make it so that all the sequences Altair has only one blade, and then after you finish all of them it shows the message "Altair's Second Blade Unlocked" -- from then on when you replay you have the option to use the second blade. Or it could be a 100% synch thing?

Calvarok
06-28-2011, 01:54 PM
Ezio's double hidden blade assassinations are no less un-stealthy than Altair's. If you're talking about counters, one of Altair's was to stab someone in the face, and then punch them off of his blade. That's an extremely obvious thing, no less obvious than spinning through the air and neatly severing the throat of a guard, or stabbing one in the abdomen and them throwing them away.

iN3krO
06-28-2011, 01:55 PM
Originally posted by Azugo:

i didn't drop http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_redface.gif i just lock on target, high profile and attack button. Altair would jump and assasinate after it http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

Subject247
06-28-2011, 04:17 PM
Well, he made " Altair's Armor" aswell, we couldn't see that in the trailer.

Conniving_Eagle
06-28-2011, 05:41 PM
Why not give him a new weapon each sequence. I mean, Altair did invent everything that Ezio had, the dual hidden blades, the hidden gun, poison, Altair's armor. I think we'll get the hidden blades after the 1st sequence.

P.S. I hope that the Altair sequences are very long. Atleast as long as sequence 5 in AC2 when you had to assassinate all the Pazzi conspirators(that was a fun sequence)

iN3krO
06-28-2011, 05:54 PM
Originally posted by Subject247:
Well, he made " Altair's Armor" aswell, we couldn't see that in the trailer.

We saw altair in the very first mission of Ac1 in the AcR trailer...

Also, he made "altair's armor" but he didn't made "altair's clothes"....

SixKeys
06-28-2011, 05:57 PM
He probably will although I kind of wish he didn't. I would like there to be a marked difference in Ezio's and Alta´r's approach to combat. Alta´r should have less weapons, therefore increasing the need for stealth, whereas Ezio's missions could be more action-y.

iN3krO
06-28-2011, 06:07 PM
Originally posted by SixKeys:
He probably will although I kind of wish he didn't. I would like there to be a marked difference in Ezio's and Alta´r's approach to combat. Alta´r should have less weapons, therefore increasing the need for stealth, whereas Ezio's missions could be more action-y.

Have to disagree... as in Ac1, in the start altair was more stealth cuz he had no skills (and cuz there were almost no guards) but at the final sequences it's full of combats but those combats were "hard" and time consumpion (the more skilled u were the less time it would require). AcR altair memories should have double hidden blade and the armor but it should also keep the challenging of the combat of Ac1, i don't mind to have action if it's avoidable and hard (if it's avoidable but easy no one will avoid it).

That's the big diffrence from Altair (ac1) to Ezio (ac2/b).

rileypoole1234
06-28-2011, 06:12 PM
He invented them didn't he? Yea I would like to have them.

RzaRecta357
06-28-2011, 06:15 PM
If we follow the book in the way that ACB followed the AC2 book in adding the missing scenes...well then I don't think we'll actually be doing much killing as Altair and more of a narrative thing.

SixKeys
06-28-2011, 06:24 PM
Originally posted by daniel_gervide:
Have to disagree... as in Ac1, in the start altair was more stealth cuz he had no skills (and cuz there were almost no guards) but at the final sequences it's full of combats but those combats were "hard" and time consumpion (the more skilled u were the less time it would require). AcR altair memories should have double hidden blade and the armor but it should also keep the challenging of the combat of Ac1, i don't mind to have action if it's avoidable and hard (if it's avoidable but easy no one will avoid it).

That was my point about having less weapons. In AC1, you only get four to choose from (fists, hidden blade, throwing knives, sword). Those weapons don't get upgraded for speed or damage, you only gain new skills through experience (counter attacks, grab ledge etc.). Even when you got to go on a killing rampage, you could still only rely on the same four weapons. The challenge came from your approach to the situation.

In the Ezio games, the introduction of the weapon upgrades (double hidden blade, armor, different types of swords etc.) was what made the combat so much easier. You didn't gain more health through skills, you just had to have enough money to buy the sword that dealt the most damage. You didn't have to think about how to sneak by unnoticed past two guards standing right next to each other, you could just air-assassinate them both with your dual hidden blades.

THAT'S the difference between Ezio and Alta´r. Giving Alta´r some of Ezio's weapons inevitably means making the combat easier, because you have more options.

dxsxhxcx
06-28-2011, 07:01 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by daniel_gervide:

That was my point about having less weapons. In AC1, you only get four to choose from (fists, hidden blade, throwing knives, sword). Those weapons don't get upgraded for speed or damage, you only gain new skills through experience (counter attacks, grab ledge etc.). Even when you got to go on a killing rampage, you could still only rely on the same four weapons. The challenge came from your approach to the situation.

In the Ezio games, the introduction of the weapon upgrades (double hidden blade, armor, different types of swords etc.) was what made the combat so much easier. You didn't gain more health through skills, you just had to have enough money to buy the sword that dealt the most damage. You didn't have to think about how to sneak by unnoticed past two guards standing right next to each other, you could just air-assassinate them both with your dual hidden blades.

THAT'S the difference between Ezio and Alta´r. Giving Alta´r some of Ezio's weapons inevitably means making the combat easier, because you have more options. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

you can give all Ezio's weapons and skills (without count the killstreak skill) to Altair and if the guards have the same AI they had on AC1 you'll probably still have a hard time defeating them, in my opinion that's the difference between Altair and Ezio, and not only a bunch of weapons/skills, giving us a lot of weapons to use without improving the enemies AI to fit the arsenal we have at our disposal...

maxerx180
06-28-2011, 08:51 PM
Well this might be going a little off this topic but since it has to do with Altair I'll post it

[SPOILER]
<span class="ev_code_WHITE">Altair kills Abbas with the first ever hidden gun.</span>
[SPOILER]

This is said to be from the Secret Crusade but I got it from the Wiki so I don't know if it's true or not. But if it is true and they put some stuff from the book in the game I think the Altair gameplay will be just amazing.

Conniving_Eagle
06-28-2011, 09:19 PM
[/QUOTE]You didn't have to think about how to sneak by unnoticed past two guards standing right next to each other, you could just air-assassinate them both with your dual hidden blades.[/QUOTE]

Erm, news flash - You didn't have to think about it in AC1 either, you could just low profile assassinate both of them. The dual hidden blades don't make getting past two guards easier, just quicker. And as for unlocking more powerful weapons and armor, you're also dead-wrong. In AC1 you got better weapons and more health(which is the equivalent of armor) for free after completing a certain sequence. In AC2, same thing, but instead of just getting those items, they become purchasable at stores. As for other abilities like ledge-grab I see no reason why you shouldn't have them by defualt. They don't make gameplay easier, they just reduce the amount of bull**** that can occur.

iN3krO
06-29-2011, 04:39 AM
Originally posted by dxsxhxcx:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by SixKeys:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by daniel_gervide:

THAT'S the difference between Ezio and Alta´r. Giving Alta´r some of Ezio's weapons inevitably means making the combat easier, because you have more options. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

you can give all Ezio's weapons and skills (without count the killstreak skill) to Altair and if the guards have the same AI they had on AC1 you'll probably still have a hard time defeating them, in my opinion that's the difference between Altair and Ezio, and not only a bunch of weapons/skills, giving us a lot of weapons to use without improving the enemies AI to fit the arsenal we have at our disposal... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

See you got my point http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

@ConnivingEagle

We should have them if we have gloves or boots but if we are equip less we should not be able to do them... also, i think altair hand-to-hand combat should be improved to the same system we have with ezio.

SixKeys
06-29-2011, 10:15 AM
Originally posted by dxsxhxcx:
you can give all Ezio's weapons and skills (without count the killstreak skill) to Altair and if the guards have the same AI they had on AC1 you'll probably still have a hard time defeating them, in my opinion that's the difference between Altair and Ezio, and not only a bunch of weapons/skills, giving us a lot of weapons to use without improving the enemies AI to fit the arsenal we have at our disposal...

Enemy AI definitely needs improving, but it was no better in AC1 than in the later games. If anything, guards were dumber because all you had to do was put your hands together and pretend to be a monk and somehow that made them less suspicious. They also weren't any more aggressive than later guards, they all just stood by patiently and waited for their turn to be slaughtered. The only thing that made combat harder in AC1 was regenerating health vs. medicine, plus the fact that guards didn't stop looking for you until you found a hiding spot (and then they were too stupid to even peek inside the nearby hay cart). I'm just getting a little tired of people claiming the AI in AC1 was so much better when it really wasn't.

Conniving_Eagle
06-29-2011, 10:33 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by dxsxhxcx:

Enemy AI definitely needs improving, but it was no better in AC1 than in the later games. If anything, guards were dumber because all you had to do was put your hands together and pretend to be a monk and somehow that made them less suspicious. They also weren't any more aggressive than later guards, they all just stood by patiently and waited for their turn to be slaughtered. The only thing that made combat harder in AC1 was regenerating health vs. medicine, plus the fact that guards didn't stop looking for you until you found a hiding spot (and then they were too stupid to even peek inside the nearby hay cart). I'm just getting a little tired of people claiming the AI in AC1 was so much better when it really wasn't. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I think Daniel is talking about Templar Knights. Templar Knights(The guys with the red and silver masks) noticed you no matter what, and they could defense break, perform combos, counter-kill(meaning when they countered you, it depleted health, defense-break, throw, and taunt, and they were more aggresive than the other guards.

@Daniel_Gervide, one thing I can't understand is your beef with the AC2 combat system. The timing for counters is the same as AC2, and you ran into more armored guards more often. I think your only beef was being able to attack with the hidden-blades, which I think is useless because it's not even that effective, they do the least amount of damage(which makes sense). I only use them for countering, personally.

dxsxhxcx
06-29-2011, 01:45 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by dxsxhxcx:

Enemy AI definitely needs improving, but it was no better in AC1 than in the later games. If anything, guards were dumber because all you had to do was put your hands together and pretend to be a monk and somehow that made them less suspicious. They also weren't any more aggressive than later guards, they all just stood by patiently and waited for their turn to be slaughtered. The only thing that made combat harder in AC1 was regenerating health vs. medicine, plus the fact that guards didn't stop looking for you until you found a hiding spot (and then they were too stupid to even peek inside the nearby hay cart). I'm just getting a little tired of people claiming the AI in AC1 was so much better when it really wasn't. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

you're wrong, in AC1 the guards were also able to break your defense and attack you... AC1 AI may not be perfect but was far better than the AI from the other games...

Jakob4242
06-29-2011, 03:31 PM
Originally posted by Calvarok:
Ezio's double hidden blade assassinations are no less un-stealthy than Altair's. If you're talking about counters, one of Altair's was to stab someone in the face, and then punch them off of his blade.

Ezio does this too, if you have only one blade in Brotherhood.

Jakob4242
06-29-2011, 03:44 PM

That was my point about having less weapons. In AC1, you only get four to choose from (fists, hidden blade, throwing knives, sword). Those weapons don't get upgraded for speed or damage, you only gain new skills through experience (counter attacks, grab ledge etc.).

Altair's sword and knife get upgraded damage in the later parts of the story.

I never thought the higher ended weapons were any more effective. If they are it's not noticeable. I don't know how you're playing the game, but I keep Ezio's noritey on high, making walking around the city difficult, and then planning to stealthy mover around.

Animuses
06-29-2011, 06:48 PM

What you say about double hiden blade doesn't fit altair style, it's false, the meele system of ac2/b doesn't fit the altair's style (and isn't realistic) but the idea of having 2 hidden blades with altair without making the same combat system of ac2/b for them is really nice, i can inmagine a double counter with the double hidden blade while in altair (which ezio wouldn't be able to do cuz he is too much agresive)....

You always say Ezio will break his arm or the hidden blade will break but in the Codex, Altair said he has modified the hidden blade with the APPLE so it can deflect attacks and would be able to use as a melee weapon. Do you know about the apple, this so-called Piece of Eden? It's supposed to have wondrous powers.

So... if Altair has the dual hidden blades he will definitely be able to melee and deflect.

Read the Codex pages. A lot of your complaints will have answers to them.

iN3krO
06-30-2011, 04:22 PM
Originally posted by ConnivingEagle:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by SixKeys:

I think Daniel is talking about Templar Knights. Templar Knights(The guys with the red and silver masks) noticed you no matter what, and they could defense break, perform combos, counter-kill(meaning when they countered you, it depleted health, defense-break, throw, and taunt, and they were more aggresive than the other guards.

@Daniel_Gervide, one thing I can't understand is your beef with the AC2 combat system. The timing for counters is the same as AC2, and you ran into more armored guards more often. I think your only beef was being able to attack with the hidden-blades, which I think is useless because it's not even that effective, they do the least amount of damage(which makes sense). I only use them for countering, personally. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Actually, every guard could do everything u said only that templars used to do it more often http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

Also, my problem with Ac2 combat system is almost only with enemies AI... i remember get my hidden blade, strike brutos endless times and they just stay in the same place doing his scream of pain without countering or doing anything against you...

Also, beside the problem of the hidden blade meele attacks that i've never liked it, they removed my favourite "combo" from ac1 was by far the short blade + throwing knife... it was perfect, if your enemy was far enough, altair would throw a knife and if not he would strike with short blade... when i saw the combos in acB i thought about that but then i got disapointed, 1st, the strong attack was removed, 2nd, the throwing knife did multiple throws and 3rd, throwing a knife in middle of a battle wasn't as "fluid" as in ac1.

Ezio's combat system wasn't bad at Ac2 but guards AI was just the worst thing i've never seen.

Originally posted by Animuses:

You always say Ezio will break his arm or the hidden blade will break but in the Codex, Altair said he has modified the hidden blade with the APPLE so it can deflect attacks and would be able to use as a melee weapon. Do you know about the apple, this so-called Piece of Eden? It's supposed to have wondrous powers.

So... if Altair has the dual hidden blades he will definitely be able to melee and deflect.

Read the Codex pages. A lot of your complaints will have answers to them. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

i may have missed that... damn, altair ****ed up the funny thing of hidden blade... And how can i assasinate a guard not paying attention now? it was posible in ac1 http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_frown.gif

SleezeRocker
06-30-2011, 04:26 PM
Out of curiosty...how many of you guys (in refrence to AC2-B) actually buy new weaponsl ike swords, daggers etc?

Personally I don't NEED them, since counter and S-Kills do the job for me, I never really ever gotten "Powerful" weapons..unless I unlocked them or I need trophy for them. lol

I always play with Common Sword and dagger.
Sword of altiar is just bonus just because I unlocked/can get it lol

iN3krO
06-30-2011, 04:36 PM
In my first run (the one which i will complete in 100%) i first buy every armor and only the weapons that are better than the one i'm using.

In my second run i use the standart weapons without armor and without medicine (i buy dual hidden blade in acB and crossbow)

dchil279
06-30-2011, 09:37 PM
i always get helmschmeid/rondelle armor like halfway through w/ a decen t sword (captain's or roman sword) then towards the end I bu the Missaaglias/Susenhoffer armor and get the best sword.

sassinscreed
07-04-2011, 11:52 AM
i just dont get why people complain about melee combat with hidden blades if you don't like it just use sword it really isn't hard

iN3krO
07-04-2011, 12:55 PM
Originally posted by sassinscreed:
i just dont get why people complain about melee combat with hidden blades if you don't like it just use sword it really isn't hard

Did u know you could preform assasinations in middle of a combat with the old-system?
Did u know due to the new STUPID and UNREALISTIC system u can't do it anymore?

In ac1 i used sword and when i saw anyguards not paying attention (tauting me or coughing) i woud select hidden blade and assassinate them, it was faster then hit them with sword once and then they deflect my attack http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

In Ac2 i couldn't do it. In AcB the new killstreaks would make it really useless if it was still availiable but my suggestion (it's in another thread) would fix the easyness of killstreaks and half-fix the problem i have with the meele combat with hidden blades http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

Inorganic9_2
07-04-2011, 02:25 PM

Read the Codex pages. A lot of your complaints will have answers to them. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

What are you talking about?

1. The Apple does nothing but store knowledge and create illusions/mess with people's minds

2. it doesn't take super-advanced technology and knowledge to think "hmm, I'll put some metal on this to make it a bit more protective".

Either way, a piece of metal would help deflect a blade, but a direct hit would indeed break his arm.

I wish people would stop saying "the apple did it" to cover over any lame point we have found in the story/gameplay.

iN3krO
07-04-2011, 04:43 PM
Originally posted by Inorganic9_2:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Animuses:

What are you talking about?

1. The Apple does nothing but store knowledge and create illusions/mess with people's minds

2. it doesn't take super-advanced technology and knowledge to think "hmm, I'll put some metal on this to make it a bit more protective".

Either way, a piece of metal would help deflect a blade, but a direct hit would indeed break his arm.

I wish people would stop saying "the apple did it" to cover over any lame point we have found in the story/gameplay. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

i didn't thought about it, hidden blade can be as strong as it want, it's to short to be stronger then a sword and the sword strongness would be noticeable in the arm which would result wounded (damaged?). Maybe it's not as strong as to break the arm, but after the first strike and pain, ezio would not use it for meele attacks again.

When i played ac1 i thought hidden blade should have meele attack, when i've played ac2 i just disagreed with my opinion and changed it.

Animuses
07-06-2011, 02:43 AM
I was kind of wrong with what I posted earlier. Altair didn't directly modify the hidden blade with the apple but he may have used the apple to make a new type of metal so the hidden blade can deflect attacks.
My bad. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/53.gif

@Inorganic9_2 You're totally right.

CRUDFACE
07-07-2011, 02:41 AM
You know, the HB's Bracer in AC1 is better made to deflect attacks. I think it's more a gameplay thing than anything else. Look at Ezio's, it's jeweled and laced in metal on leather. The next one he gets is a solid sheet of metal.

Altair's on the other hand has made up of overlapping metal plates. Far better to use in his defence. Or maybe it was because assassins like altair weren't taught to attack with it, only use it for the quick/clean kill, not repeated blows.

The hidden blade itself is not that much stronger. The hollow part in which the core blade springs out from has been broken two times now.

iN3krO
07-07-2011, 04:41 AM
I was kind of wrong with what I posted earlier. Altair didn't directly modify the hidden blade with the apple but he may have used the apple to make a new type of metal so the hidden blade can deflect attacks.

IT's the same to use a stronger metal, the impact of a sword in the hidden blade would be reflected in the arm and would cause pain http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

The hidden blade won't break with a stronger metal but your arm will be damaged http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

CRUDFACE
07-07-2011, 08:47 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Animuses:

IT's the same to use a stronger metal, the impact of a sword in the hidden blade would be reflected in the arm and would cause pain http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

The hidden blade won't break with a stronger metal but your arm will be damaged http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

The impact of a sword would break the blade if it at the hollow point as done before.

Stowdace
07-07-2011, 01:25 PM
Rather he kept the one from AC1. Ezio is double(well, blade and hook in Revelations) and Altair's single blade is for more of a unique playstyle and, personally, nostalgic.

FiskMunk
07-07-2011, 03:23 PM
I hope there will be a way to unequip the right hand hidden blade (Not hook or other goodies, though) - Simply because the animations so far have tended to, in my opinion, look nicer without it in the AC games; Quick and effective. None of that brutal "Thrust into eyes" and "Jam into back, then SLIDE THEM DOWNWARDS"-stuff!

To quote a little someone: "Professionals have standards - Be polite. Be efficient. Have a plan to kill everyone you meet."

You don't stab someone and then twist the knife when you're an Assassin. You just... Don't.
And that's also why Alta´r should stick with his good ole' trusty finger-mutilating hidden blade.

Unless the animations will look cooler in Revelations. In that case, BRING IT AWN!

Kramerisgamer
07-07-2011, 03:40 PM
I guess but what would the Sniper know about the creed of the Assassin's? He kills his enemies from far away.

FiskMunk
07-07-2011, 04:38 PM
Originally posted by Kramerisgamer:
I guess but what would the Sniper know about the creed of the Assassin's? He kills his enemies from far away.

And you don't think the modern day Assassins do? Besides, I don't think he would have any problem with following the tenets: Don't kill civilians, don't expose yourself and don't compromise the Brotherhood (Or whatever organization you work for).

TruSuperman
07-11-2011, 10:15 AM
Yes, because Altair was the probably one of the greatest Assassins it would only make since for him to have double blades.
I respect the opinion of those who say he shouldn't but i feel he should because he would be even more cooler and it will just make since for him to have double blades because he is a main character and the hidden blades are apart of the Assassin history.